• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mew2King's 'SSBM Bible'

Morin0

Smash Lord
This is heard a lot, but it's not necessarily true in mazes in which the walls aren't all connected. There are lots of trivial counterexamples, but here is one that looks like a typical maze. [COLLAPSE="Here is a counterexample."]
[/COLLAPSE]
So this is a maze within a maze? I solved it in one try. Mew2King, do you have a link to your maze?

Edit: Nevermind. You linked it in the previous page.

dreadofmondays

Smash Rookie

The sub-mazes in different colors. Yellow is the main route. Some go over the top of others, sorry about that.
Props to m2k for making the effort to keep the maze solvable.

dreadofmondays

Smash Rookie
I don't know what order to collect the dots in xD
/throws in the Too Hard basket
Anyway, it's pretty simple:
Code:
draw_sprite(map,0,0,0);
i = 0; j = 0;
grid = mp_grid_create(0,0,733,477,1,1);
mp_grid_add_rectangle(grid,0,0,733,477);
repeat(733) {
    repeat(477) {
        col = draw_getpixel(i,j);
        if color_get_red(col) = 255 && color_get_green(col) = 255 && color_get_blue(col) = 255 {
            mp_grid_clear_cell(grid,i,j);
            }
        j += 1
        }
    i += 1
    j = 0
    }
pathmain = path_add()
if !mp_grid_path(grid,pathmain,0,0,732,437,1) show_message('Maze is impossible. ')
What, you didn't think I'd do that ******** thing by hand, did you? :3

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oh I actually got a new laptop instead of that ****ty 350 dollar netbook I used to have. I now (FINALLY LOLOLOL I got this 2 weeks ago) got a 800 dollar laptop. So much better than what I've dealt with past few years I had no idea the difference would be so large <__<;

WAIT A MINUTE YOU CHEATED????

god dammit -.-

dreadofmondays

Smash Rookie
While we're on the subject of mazes...
This is heard a lot, but it's not necessarily true in mazes in which the walls aren't all connected. There are lots of trivial counterexamples, but here is one that looks like a typical maze.
nu-uh! As long as you follow the right or left walls from the very start and don't swap half-way through, it's impossible to even reach the closed loops, let alone get tied up in them.
Observe:

Edit: ffffsss tried that green maze o-o; that goes against all my sensibilities.
I like how if you try and use that method it turns you around and spits you back out. That was a nice touch.

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I just started reading about priority, it says that player 1 has more priority than players 2, 3 and 4. How does this apply to competitive matches? Does this mean that theoretically a move I input at a given frame while playing as player 1 might take priority over player 2, whereas if I were player 2 and I inputted the move at the same frame I might be out-prioritized?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wait, I just started reading about priority, it says that player 1 has more priority than players 2, 3 and 4. How does this apply to competitive matches? Does this mean that theoretically a move I input at a given frame while playing as player 1 might take priority over player 2, whereas if I were player 2 and I inputted the move at the same frame I might be out-prioritized?
Pretty sure this only applies to two people grabbing each other at the same time.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mewtwo side-B is a grab-type move I think (like Falcon's up-b or Yoshi's B)

Don't think it applies to rest

Top Bottom