• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid timeline and Samus' power suit

What should be her default attire?

• Total voters

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
well hello there smashers here Krauserlols again.

A few days ago i was discussing with a friend about Metroid Other M and its confusing... existence i suppose. One of the things that shocked me the most is that Other M is supposed to take place after the Prime games and before Fusion, how stupid that makes it is a discussion for another day but what got me thinking is that Fusion is supposed to be the last chapter on Samus' little story so why is she using the varia armor in Smash?

I know what you must be thinking "But Smash is not cannon to any story, why should she change?" well cause other characters have. If you have followed Smash since 64 you would notice that part of the cast will change visually depending on their latest game.

Think about it in Melee Fox was pretty much based on his 64 persona but his graphics updated of course but as late as Smash 4 hes more or less bassed on his 3DS version. Another example are Link, Zelda and Gannondorf. On melee they all took the form of their Ocarina of time persona, however on Brawl they changed to look more like their Twilight Princess persona. And if you wonder why they kept it for the new smash perhaps is because tecnically Skiward sword's story is the first in the timeline while Twilight princess is one of the last, on the child era at least.

But of course in Smash lore is not that important, but why not? Samus could be considered one of the pilars of nintendo history along Mario, Pokemon and Link since their games where some of the first created for the first nintendo systems so why not show some interrest in Samus' lore? since is probably one of the richest of the 4?

Why not, as a sign of respect toward the first Heroine for Samus to wear the Fusion suit as its default suit? Im talking something like Wario or Little Mac, hell little Mac has different colors, a wireframe version and a sweater, for both normal and wireframe Mac. The fusion suit would be the default with its own variety in colors while the Varia would be an alternative costume with its own colors, and hell why not trow in the Light suit for good measure? (I know Project M already has it).

Maybe thats just me goshing about my favorite game serie but thats my opinion, what you say should her Varia suit stay as the "iconic" one? or should they change it for the Fusion. I mean in Smash 4 the fusion suit is only a recolor, that feels pretty lazy to what should be her normal attire with that whole Parasite X trauma, the fusion suit would be a big "screw you" to those pesky parasites, and the federation too seriously they are really stupid sometimes...

ANyways Fusion or Varia what you guys say? maybe change it on Project M would be a start.

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
The fusion suit is more of a solution to a life saving problem than armour.
I know it was created to save samus from the Parasites when she was given the Metroid vaccine but in the end she regains her powers (in the form of the SA-X parasite) and the only change was her armor turning Orange so the "ultimate suit" is more of a "fusion" of the Varia and Fusion armor, why not make it into Smash, cause it looks really cool.

Top Bottom