• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

METROID: Other M (last updated on 8-10-09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
METROID: Other M

This is the NEW metroid game that was announced today at NINTENDOs E3 event.. Nintendo has joined up with TEAM NINJA to make this game and it is expected to be released some time in 2010. Team Ninja has created games like DEAD OR ALIVE fighting game series and Ninja Gaiden which means violence may be increased in this game as well as samus's ..........attributes.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06OYAvIJNqw

or

HD VIDEO: http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354733/metroid-other-m/videos/metroid_trl_e3_otherm_060209.html

Interesting articles:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/metroid-interview/
http://kotaku.com/5288216/nintendo-other-m-will-be-a-metroid-unlike-anything-ever-experienced-before
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6...ery-Violent-Says-Designer-Blames-Trailer.html
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=10279

Q&A

Q: When does this game come out?
A: Some time in 2010. Some people think March 25th, 2010.

Q: Is this game like the awesome METROID PRIME series?
A: No. It is a mix of 3rd and 1st person view.

Q: Is this a multiplayer METROID game? Online/Offline?
A: Not sure but im pretty positive its a NO.

Q: Where in the time line does the game take place?
A: It takes place between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion but it may also show flash backs of her childhood (http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid)

Q: Will this game prove that Samus IS a lesbian?
A: Yes.

The video you just watched as well as the pics below WILL look much better as the development of the game continues. So relax if you think it looks bad right now, it WILL get better.

PS: this could be WAYYYYYY off in left field but i want you guys to look at the picture below and consider if it was hinting at Metroid: OTHER M.

The last two words in the third sentence......

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
This game is definitely top priority on my list of wants. For once, Samus is actually as athletic as the cutscenes show.

Hm... I'm not sure when this would take place, but I *THINK* she was wearing the Power Suit--old school stuff (EDIT: Nevermind, it's more Varia Suit-ish). Reggie was saying that we would know "more about what happened to Samus", so I would imagine the beginning. I would like for it to be the VERY beginning, showing Samus being raised by the Chozo and all, maybe why her parents weren't around in the first place.

Oh well, it's coming out in 2010. I'm happy enough. ...Unless it gets pushed back to 2011 like some other games I've seen.

Me: "Hm... not a bad looking game. What is it?"
Guy: "Any objections, Lady?"
Me: "BAHAHAHAH!"

Adam is alive, so it's prior to Metroid: Fusion.

Xyro77

an obviously this game will use MOTION+ so it will be even MORE precise on aiming. This game will KICK ***!!!!!!!!

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Samus's roll and throws have been considerably buffed in this game. She might be upper mid tier or so.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Samus's roll and throws have been considerably buffed in this game. She might be upper mid tier or so.
Where the f*** is Zair?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I came in this topic to say... this game will be epic.

Now back to the MDB.

Xyro77

is that kraid in the 2nd pic? all those eyes remind me of him

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wasn't expecting a new Metroid game to be honest. I wasn't really happy with what Nintendo was showing. NOW I'm happy.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I have watched this trailer. Like, 5 times or more already, lol.

Xyro77

I have watched this trailer. Like, 5 times or more already, lol.
me too. this game has the potential to clear up ALL of samus's past. We can learn about the chozo/adam/her parents....ect.

Online VS? offline VS? Wii connect 24? Co-op?

Team ninja makes violent games. I have a feeling this game will run at a faster pace AND it will involve good fight scene. And if tecmo is TRUE to thier name, samus will have boobs that move, ALOT(when she is in ZS form i assume)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Adam Malkovich is in this.
For all you Fusion players that remember the computer that gave Samus her mission guidelines or whatever...She named it Adam after Adam Malkovich because it always adressed Samus by "Lady."

Ahhh, it's gonna take place before Fusion. This is going to be awesome.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know, if anything, this would be how Samus fights in the next Smash Bros. game. It better be.

Now all we need is a 2.5D Metroid for the next handheld system (I hope Nintendo does that soon).

Xyro77

Adam Malkovich is in this.
For all you Fusion players that remember the computer that gave Samus her mission guidelines or whatever...She named it Adam after Adam Malkovich because it always adressed Samus by "Lady."

Ahhh, it's gonna take place before Fusion. This is going to be awesome.

its gonna be WELL before fusion.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I jizzed in my pants while I watched that trailer during the live stream of the E3 0.0

Ah good times..

In all seriousness, that game looks really good, and I'm looking forward to it, and its gameplay/story.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
is that kraid in the 2nd pic? all those eyes remind me of him
Looks more like Crocomire, or some random lava enemy. Seeing Kraid in 3D game that is not Melee would be sexy, though.

@n00b: U-throw = high kick into the air.
D-throw = headlock > headshot
B-throw = leg/tail spin > slam
F-throw = jump behind them > shoot head
Mid-high at least.

@Xyro again: She's a lesbian. Proof not needed.

Small things I noticed:
Samus knows a black guy

:59 reminded me of a scene in Iron Man
Nintendo has a fetish of seeing Ridley grind Samus against walls
Mother Brain did not beat anorexia
Samus has a mic in her suit
Samus can talk
Ridley's been working out

And seeing how the Arm Cannon shots fire = <3

Nintendo at E3 came through reaaaaaal good this year.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Just to throw it out there: I was watching the live feed of Nintendo's Press Conference today, and when i saw this trailer at the end, I:

-Jizzed in my pants
-Threw up everywhere from over-excitement
-instantly started lurking these boards because I've decided I'm *eventually* transitioning to samus as my main.

You know a trailer is bad *** when it makes you want to change mains.

My god, I can't wait for this game. My most hyped game - ever -.....and I mean that literally.

Ever.

Xyro77

Looks more like Crocomire, or some random lava enemy. Seeing Kraid in 3D game that is not Melee would be sexy, though.

@n00b: U-throw = high kick into the air.
D-throw = headlock > headshot
B-throw = leg/tail spin > slam
F-throw = jump behind them > shoot head
Mid-high at least.

@Xyro again: She's a lesbian. Proof not needed.

Small things I noticed:
Samus knows a black guy

:59 reminded me of a scene in Iron Man
Nintendo has a fetish of seeing Ridley grind Samus against walls
Mother Brain did not beat anorexia
Samus has a mic in her suit
Samus can talk
Ridley's been working out

And seeing how the Arm Cannon shots fire = <3

Nintendo at E3 came through reaaaaaal good this year.

So mother brain was in the vid? or am i reading you wrong?

Do any of you know who the black guy is? Bernie Mac attack?

See anything odd at the top of the screen? 3 25 and then below it 2010.......Release date perhaps? You be the judge, son

heytallman

CTALL
Game will be epic. It *should* take place before Metroid 1. I'm psyched. Also, she finally talks. Will Link also talk in the next Zelda game? Who knows.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I posted this in another thread, but i'll say this... This is freaking ninja gaiden in space (being that it's made from team ninja), with metroid themes. all in all it's gonna be pretty badass and takes a different direction in presenting the metroid series.

can we expect a super hard mode a la ninja gaiden 2?! lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I don't know why but I already think that black guy who says "Remember me?" is the best character ever.

P.S. "Remember me" guy for SSB4!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Game will be epic. It *should* take place before Metroid 1. I'm psyched. Also, she finally talks. Will Link also talk in the next Zelda game? Who knows.
Eh. Well if you've played Super Metroid, Samus did talk in the intro of the game. Though it was probably some MIDI or whatever, she spoke. Even in Brawl she spoke. Making her talk I guess will open more options for anything else. Who knows? Anyway, this game looks great. The graphics might change though like they did with the first Metroid Prime game.

Xyro77

Eh. Well if you've played Super Metroid, Samus did talk in the intro of the game. Though it was probably some MIDI or whatever, she spoke. Even in Brawl she spoke. Making her talk I guess will open more options for anything else. Who knows? Anyway, this game looks great. The graphics might change though like they did with the first Metroid Prime game.
Yes. the graphics WILL get better. The cutscenes look awesome so far. cant wait for more, son

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh... so that's how you pronounce her last name. I seem to have stressed the wrong syllable this whole time. >.>

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Watch Samus being able to Zair in the game. That would be funny.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
This game looks like it will OWN. I noticed Mother Brain in her Super Metroid form... HMMMM Also I hope ZSS stays far far away from gameplay. I play for the missle launching goodness, not for stealth bullcrap.

Zero

Smash Hero
So mother brain was in the vid? or am i reading you wrong?

Do any of you know who the black guy is? Bernie Mac attack?

See anything odd at the top of the screen? 3 25 and then below it 2010.......Release date perhaps? You be the judge, son
25th of March is my birthday.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE.

It's most probably not though, as sad as it makes me to say it.
sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom