• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Methods for Unlocking Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, in the past, there were various things that could be unlocked by meeting various conditions. For example, to unlock Ganondorf in Melee, you had to unlock and complete Event Match #29. To get Mushroom Kingdom II in the same game, you had to obtain the Birdo trophy. With that said, for fun, why don't we make up some methods we think could work for unlocking things, from CDs, to trophies, to stages to characters, anything? I'll start off.

To unlock Spring Man, get over 8000 meters in distance in Homerun Contest.
To unlock Mr. Game and Watch, clear Target Smash with 15 characters.
To unlock the Rick the Hamster trophy, clear All Star Mode as Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede.
To unlock the Brinstar Melee Stage, get 50 KOs in Endless Melee.
To unlock the Ricco Harbor CD, get 5 wins in New Donk City in VS mode.

So, care to join in and make up some unlocking methods, if that is okay?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Ok, this sounds pretty good. I'll say my first 5-7 or so here and maybe add more over time. (These are just characters)

1.) Bowser Jr.- Complete Classic as Bowser with no continues.
2.) Dr. Mario- Complete either Classic, Adventure, or Target Smash as every other Mario series character.
3.) King K. Rool- Complete Boss Battles as 5 characters.
4.) Toon Link- Comolete Classic as Link with no continues.
5.) Skull Kid- Complete any mode as Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
6.) Young Link- Complete either Classic, Adventure, or Target Smash as every other Zelda series character.
7.) Dark Samus- Complete Classic as Samus with no continues.

These are just a few of my ideas.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay.
  1. Unlock Lucina: Clear All-Star Mode with Marth.
  2. Unlock Dark Pit: Win 25 mirror matches.
  3. Unlock Dr. Mario: Heal a total 500%

Maybe I'll add more later.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
This should be fun.

Fourside- Complete All Star Mode as Ness or Lucas.

Poke Floats- Get over 50 Pokemon trophies.

Brinstar Depths- Get over 50000 Home Run as Samus or Ridley.

Boss Battles- Complete Story Mode or play 50 hours of Smash.

Board The Platforms- Complete Target Test with 5 characters.

Rayman- Complete Classic Mode with 10 characters or 700 VS matches.

K. Rool- Complete Boss Battles as Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong or 850 VS matches.

Impa- Complete Classic mode as any Zelda character with no continues or 300 VS matches.

Krystal- Complete 100-Man Smash with Fox or Falco or 250 VS matches.

Chibi Robo- Win over 200 trophies or 500 VS matches.

Spring Man- Clear Target Test with 10 characters or 150 VS matches.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee: Play a match as a Kirby character in Green Greens and recover a total of 100% by eating Whispy's apples or complete classic mode with Kirby, Dedede and Metaknight on intensity 4.0 or higher ..
Chorus kids: Collect 15 CD's or complete 3-minute Smash with 10 characters
Hades: KO 5 opponents in Cruel smash with a Kid Icarus character or complete classic mode with a Kid Icarus character on intensity 8.0 or higher with no continues.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Ridley:

On an Event match, with Bayonetta, use the following taunt on Lucas and Zero Suit Samus:
"If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum", then use a fire flower to burn them, and then K.O. them with an explosive item.

:troll:

My serious suggestion though, get 187 combo streak in Training mode.

OR

Complete the Event Match titled "Galaxy's Greatest Threat" (Samus Vs. Ridley) on Hard Difficulty.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Boshi (yes, the blue BDSM-outfitted Yoshi from Super Mario RPG)

Win 100 or so 1v1s as Yoshi against Wario (player and/or lvl. 7 or higher CPUs)

or

Complete the Event Match "Yoshi's Island Race" (Yoshi vs. Boshi) where as Yoshi you have to get to certain designated spots before Boshi does. It's a reference to Super Mario RPG

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Personally, I always loved the method for unlocking characters in Melee. After 50 matches for Jigglypuff, you have to play a 100 matches for every character afterwards, 100 for Dr. Mario, 200 for Pichu, 300 for Falco, 400 for Marth, 500 for Young Link, 600 for Ganondorf, 700 for Mewtwo, 800 for Luigi, 900 for Roy, 1000 for Mr. Game and Watch. I'd love to see that return for a new game as an option for unlocking characters instead of getting them for much less number of matches, like last few games where the top amount was 450 in Brawl (which wasn't too small but I prefer 100 increments personally), 120 in 3DS and a measly 100 for Wii U which is super lame, especially since most of the characters were already unlocked -_-

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do have a few things to mention...
  • All-Star: Unlock all the playable fighters (excluding DLC).
  • Boss Battles: Defeat Master Core in Classic, AND defeat every boss and mid-boss at least once in Adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom