• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal GameCube Controller

mwahahahaevils

Smash Rookie
So I've been doing some research and I'm thinking about making a Kickstarter to make a metal gamecube controller. I'm wondering what kind of interest there would be in people to buy them? I've been talking to a local foundryman who would work with me to get it done so I'm sure it is possible.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
That sounds weird but I'm intrigued at the same time. I'm not entirely sure what's the use of having a metal controller and I'd assume there would be weight to it. I'd have to see what it looks like before I say anything else about it and whether or not I'd buy it.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
My hands already get cold when I play. I feel like this would make that worse. Cool idea though. What metal would it be made out of?

I'd laugh if someone threw their metal controller in rage and did some real damage to something or someone.

mwahahahaevils

Smash Rookie
My hands already get cold when I play. I feel like this would make that worse. Cool idea though. What metal would it be made out of?

I'd laugh if someone threw their metal controller in rage and did some real damage to something or someone.
The metals I'm currently looking into are aluminum and Bronze. To be honest I don't think the heat would be an issue since metal could be more easily heated to feel warm in your hand. You put hand warmers on the controller and you would get toasty quick. Not to mention your hands would quickly warm up the controller.

Top Bottom