• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal 3d printed notched octagon gate design thread

antichamber

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm fairly new to the melee scene, and after researching what it takes to join, I discovered that perfectly notched controllers are high in demand, with almost no supply. Additionally, notched controllers wear out over time, which just adds to the problem. However, I believe I have came up with a solution. I'm an engineering student with lots of CAD skill, and with access to metal 3d printer, I believe that with your help, I can design a notched octagon gate that you can place into your controller that is guaranteed to be perfect, and won't wear down over time. This is how you can help me:

1: I need local play testers that can test to see how well each of my prototypes work. (I'm in Denver Colorado)

2: I need the EXACT angles, depths, and positions of where people put notches

3: advice and tips from people who have notched controllers before

I will be posting design updates here, and will make a new thread if necessary

Top Bottom