• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight's tornado?

dizzam

Smash Cadet
This move is insanely annoying when someone spams it... and I need help to find a way to counter this. I found that moves with higher priority can hit him out of it but usually I'm already sucked into it to do anything. Any suggestions? :(

Mysta

Smash Rookie
If the tornado was as simply as dodge and punish you wouldnt see most guides, posts even in this forum suggest you spam it for damage.

I play MDK's meta and I can assure you in the right hands The tornado is pretty much unpunishable after its done if your using it correctly, once you space yourself after the lag is minimal enough that you can avoid being punished., unless the Meta makes a spacing mistake or the opponent has a fast projectile.

Anyway moving on, with snake, the grenades are the counter to tornado, if he wants to spam tornado try to keep a grenade in hand so that when you go to roll away or block it, the tornado sets off the grenade.

Depends on your character, some character simply wont be able touch him.

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
Shield and/or Roll and if they are nowhere near the ground when it stops you can easily punish them since you go into special fall after it ends IIRC

Elemental Knight

Smash Cadet
It's good to know that grenades can work, but the notion that I can't get anywhere near MK lest he destroy me with the tornado is not exactly appealing.

Top Bottom