• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight's frame data - ledge options added

Tero.

Smash Champion
shuttle loop hitbox comes out on frame 5 both air and ground, not 8

>_>

That's right afaik.

frame breakdown:
1-7 startup
5-8 invincibility frames
8-13 strong hitbox out
14-21
22-31 weak hitbox out
The hitbox is allready out during the invincibilty.

Edit: v sounds reasonable, I was about to test some stuff anyway so I'm going to test that ^_^.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Fortunately I have this random gif laying around!

As you can see the attack animation comes out on frame 8..... though I know that isn't 100% conclusive because the hitbox isn't connecting with anything >____>. I could make another one showing that it does indeed connect on frame 8, but I rather not if I can avoid it xP.

Note that his up-b gains invincibility on frame 5, and it lasts until frame 8 (also seen in that gif, G&W's dtilt comes out on frame 6). I think this explains the results you got using your method? Not sure, it's been ages since I looked at it.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Now this is useful info. And as always we have m2k for his knowledge and distribution for the mk boards. He's the reason im usin mk. But you just gotta love all the hate that comes with usin mk. just makes the victories all the more sweeter. And my god the U-air.

Now I feel even more confident about using U-air, it's so quick and has enough vertical knockback to lead the opponent into another U-air. Or can they dodge it with aerial dodge?

Other than that, which should I use more? N-air or D-air?

Edit: I'll use N-air more, it takes less to start up.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Anyways here's what I got:
1st hit frame 3
2nd hit frame 6
3rd hit frame 9
END: 40

The only difference being the last hit; which I was able to get by using buffering optimally.
I'm confused; when f-tilt is buffered, you only hit attack twice overall, once for the first attack and again for the next two attacks. So how can you buffer the third hit to come out any faster? Could you please check that it doesn't come out on frame 9 every time the 2nd hit comes out on frame 6? Since the second and third hits come from the same input, I want to be sure that they will always be frame x and x+3 so that I don't end up inputting attack an extra time to try to buffer it more when it may not be necessary.

Now I feel even more confident about using U-air, it's so quick and has enough vertical knockback to lead the opponent into another U-air. Or can they dodge it with aerial dodge?

Other than that, which should I use more? N-air or D-air?

Edit: I'll use N-air more, it takes less to start up.
It's not about using a specific attack more or less. N-air and D-air have very different applications. For instance, N-air has little use as an approach because of its limited range. Backwards DJD-air is a great approach, because it has a lot of range and is more powerful when tippered.

It's not about using a specific attack more or less. N-air and D-air have very different applications. For instance, N-air has little use as an approach because of its limited range. Backwards DJD-air is a great approach, because it has a lot of range and is more powerful when tippered.
Well I don't use N-air to approach, but you were just giving an example.
When I said "I'll use N-air more, I meant when people are close to me in air. Usually when they are, I use D-air, which I find to be a bit of a mistake sometimes (unless they're offstage).

I use F-air a lot for my approaches, by the way.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Well I don't use N-air to approach, but you were just giving an example.
When I said "I'll use N-air more, I meant when people are close to me in air. Usually when they are, I use D-air, which I find to be a bit of a mistake sometimes (unless they're offstage).

I use F-air a lot for my approaches, by the way.
Fair is a good approach, especially against characters without projectiles or disjointed hitboxes with significant horizontal reach.

Ah, yes. When both hits will connect, Nair is a devestating move.

Fair is a good approach, especially against characters without projectiles or disjointed hitboxes with significant horizontal reach.

Ah, yes. When both hits will connect, Nair is a devestating move.
The second hitbox of N-air does minimal knockback, however. But yes, if the first one (at least) hits, it has great knockback at higher percents.

Doesn't F-air have somewhat good priority against certain other characters' moves?
Either that or I'm thinking of Mach Tornado.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
The second hitbox of N-air does minimal knockback, however. But yes, if the first one (at least) hits, it has great knockback at higher percents.

Doesn't F-air have somewhat good priority against certain other characters' moves?
Either that or I'm thinking of Mach Tornado.
Well, the second hit contributes relevant damage. I wasn't talking about its usefulness as a kill move, as you should ALWAYS choose the move that will kill your opponent if you know it will connect. In other words, even if dair, the move you said you were using instead of nair sometimes, did 999%, nair would still be a better choice if they were in kill range because taking off a stock > doing 999%.

F-air has a transcendant hitbox.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Geeeeze I've really neglected this thread. My apologies; I'm now going to get to work finishing it up. I've completed neutral A and fh/fhff data; there will be more to come with ledge options being next.

I'm confused; when f-tilt is buffered, you only hit attack twice overall, once for the first attack and again for the next two attacks. So how can you buffer the third hit to come out any faster? Could you please check that it doesn't come out on frame 9 every time the 2nd hit comes out on frame 6? Since the second and third hits come from the same input, I want to be sure that they will always be frame x and x+3 so that I don't end up inputting attack an extra time to try to buffer it more when it may not be necessary.
Eh, under normal circumstances MK's ftilt requires an individual input for each attack, so I'm not really sure where you're coming from with this. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding you :).

Laem

Smash Champion
/bump, thread's good enough for it i guess
is this frame data accurate? (e.g grounded SL invincibility not starting on frame 1 which i always believed)

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
/bump, thread's good enough for it i guess
is this frame data accurate? (e.g grounded SL invincibility not starting on frame 1 which i always believed)
It's been recently edited to correct an error in the b-air frame data. Though idk if he went through and re-checked everything as a result. A lot of this is pretty old, I hear.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
In order for you to get that shield advantage on MK, do you have to powershield?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
most of us are to busy playing to do that ;)

jk

i have like.... everything important memorized, (sorry for not caring about you downB XD)

but yeah shield/hitstun ect would be so awesome

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol I don't memorize frame data, I just kinda know what to do in what situation. I guess I should learn some of it :ohwell:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
.___.

I really don't see how anyone can memorize this. Especially with High School constantly piling on me. Even if someone did memorize the frame data wouldn't it be useless unless you knew the difference b/t mk's frame data and every other character's frame data?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I didn't memorize EVERYTHING I just memorized what frame the hitboxes come out and the end lag. It's not hard to memorize something when you're really interested in it idk

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I didn't memorize EVERYTHING I just memorized what frame the hitboxes come out and the end lag. It's not hard to memorize something when you're really interested in it idk
this

and yes knowing important moves for other characters is important but also

the more frame data you learn, the better you are at telling what frame something comes out just by generally looking

it gives you a better sense of whats safe and what isnt

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I don't mean to necro (but a frame data thread is probably something that should be on the first page), but I figured this would be the place to ask a frame data question. Do the -9 for Bair and -13 for Fair shield advantage numbers apply to all 3 hits? Just the last hit?

I'm working on a frame data project and need these numbers if possible. Also, are frame advantage numbers known for MK's specials at all?

etecoon

Smash Hero
does anyone happen to have the data for how long MK can stall his ftilt? it only shows the fastest possible usage, the slowest would also be useful

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
lol I just answered the same question for Kaffei a short time ago.

You can stall for 18 frames max between first and second, and 29 between second and third.

Furthermore, you can make the tilt last up to 85 or so frames if you do all three hits; so you can stall it out for about a second and a half-ish.
So it'd look like...

1-2 startup
3-4 1st hit hitbox out
5-23
24-25 2nd hit hitbox out
26-55
56-57 3rd hit hitbox out
58-87 cooldown

etecoon

Smash Hero
thanks

another thing I noticed is that this is missing drill rush entirely and doesn't say when DC attacks hitbox comes out...anyone know?

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
GROUNDED DRILL RUSH
frame breakdown:
1-26 startup
26-66 hitbox out
67-93 cooldown

frame summary:
Hits on frame: 26
IASA frame: 94
Cooldown: 27
Shield stun: 1
Shield advantage: -26
Shield drop advantage: -19

AERIAL DRILL RUSH
frame breakdown:
1-26 startup
26-66 hitbox out
67-90 cooldown

frame summary:
Hits on frame: 26
IASA frame: 91
Cooldown: 24
Shield stun: 1
Shield advantage: -23
Shield drop advantage: -16

DIMENSIONAL CAPE (ATTACK)
frame breakdown:
1-17
18-26 invincibility frames
27-31
32-33 hitbox out
34-81 cooldown

frame summary:
Hits on frame: 32
IASA frame: 82
Cooldown: 48

^Yeah. Unsure on shield stun and advantages on DC though. They aren't exactly the most important things to know though. :/ Someone update the OP. :D

Top Bottom