• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I have a question, more for kirby then metaknight, but what would kirby look like if he sucked up metaknight and took his powers? the same?

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
Finally,
That Disasterous Dreamland Destroyer is in.
He is a great addition to the series. He has that bad guy look and his moves and jumps and attacks and cloak sheild look amazinnng,

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Bakuryu said:
I have a question, more for kirby then metaknight, but what would kirby look like if he sucked up metaknight and took his powers? the same?

I'd think he'd look like Kirby with meta knight mask, but that's just my idea.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight's gonna have enormous potential. The sword will probably have the same or less reach than Young Links sword, but just imagine that coupled with Jigglypuffs aerial maeuverability.....I can definitely see a lot of Metaknights coming into the smash scene, including myself. Now, the only thing that might make me re-think it is if he's lighter than Jiggs or Kirby, or if Ridley gets confirmed as being in the game....

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Metaknight seems to attack very fast during his grab.... and hes air attacks seems broken unless there is DI in SSBB

On a side not i love the new abbreviation for this game its so much easier now

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...The directors should listen a bit more to the pleas of the players...That would make it sell better.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
You have to imagine how many messages they would have to sift through on an hourly basis, and howmany of these messages would consist of, "delete this character", "make this character better", or "make this character worse". By choosing to do it themselves, they negate (somewhat) this flood of ideas, questions, comments, and suggestions from the populous at large.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
A LOT! :laugh:
No seriously how bad must it be if they missed out a great/popular idea? Hmmm...

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
True, but they took a calculated risk in not taking ideas from everyone. The developers have yet to let anyone down, I trust them to put out a great game with a multitude of fun and exciting things in store.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...
Back onto Meta-knight, what do u think his super move will be? I know from the anime that he was able to pull up some Tornado/hurrican so do u think he'll be able to do that?

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
That Tornado move was also something he hit you with in Kirby Superstar so yeah. It would definately work as a super move if not anything else.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
He'll replace Kirby...Or at least I'll play as him and Kirby with equal strength...

Shark X

Smash Lord
If they make Kirby anywhere near as good as his SSB64 version, than Kirby will be my secondary character (as the good Kirby was my first in the original SSB, but since he was too downgraded in the second...meh).

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I've been a loyal kirby fan since the N64 game came out and even when he was nerfed. He's just soo cooool...Even though he was nerfed. Better make him better...

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
2v2 Meta Knight and Kirby team ^_^b

I just hope they don't consider the clone-aspect when making Meta Knight. Let him stand his own ground, Nintendo!

Shark X

Smash Lord
From the looks of things, the only thing Meta Knight will be copying is Kirby's jumps.

I hope the teams aren't color coded. Pink Kirby, and Classic Kirby are the only colors of Kirby I can stand looking at, and neither one of them are on teams. So I would love to have Pink Kirby and Default Meta Knight vs Classic Kirby, and if they have one, a black Meta Knight (White Kirby and Black Knight).

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
"White"/Pasty kirby was really really funny to play as. However I only play as pink. Hmmm...I wonder if they are going to make Meta-knight have more colours? And if they do what would they be and how would they be implemented on him...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
omg metaknight is going to be my main (followed by Captain olimar, if hes in) :)
here im makin a move set for him. I dont play the kirby games so tell me some moves he does in his games so i can work on it more :ohwell:
A- swipes his sword in an angle to the left (2%-3%)
AA- swipes to the right in a up angle (2%-3%)
AAA- jabs with his blade (3%-5%)
A>- pulls back sword and swipes (10%-16%)
Adown- swipes around his feet (8%-11%)
A^- swipes up (9%-15%)
B- swipes quickly (1%-2%) and a small tornado pops out where he swiped (5%-9%)(tornado has good knockback if percentage is high)
Bdown- wraps cape around himself blocking an attack completely has it out for 2.5 seconds)(once taken off ur wide open for a second so use wisely)
B>- pulls back sword and it ignites with flames (increasing it range) and swings (9%-14%)(does fire dmg and has decent knckback)
^B- kirby's ^B but a tad shorter (when blade comes up 5%-10%) and when it comes down (5%-9%)
Nair-twirls around like kirby (5%-6%)
Bair- swipes behind him (3%-5%)
Uair-swipes up 3 times (2% each hit)
Dair- swipes downward (4%-5%)(better knockback the Bair)
Fair- swipes 3 times forward (2% per hit)
Forwardthrow- tosses your foe with a swipe (4%-7%)
^throw- swipes ur opponent up wide open for a good combo Fair (3%-7%)
Downthrow- swipes them to the floor bouncing them off the floor, which is good b.c. after that u could get him with a good A> or something.
Dash- runs forward and then slashes twice reall fast (2% per hit)

WEIGHT: 4 OUT OF 10
SPEED: 6 OUT OF 10
RECOVERY: 7 OUT OF 10
POWER: 5 OUT OF 10
JUMP: 10 OUT OF 10

wat do u think? :) i changed the knockback on the tornado, made him have a 1 second wide open thing with the cape and his ^B weaker. I think his B> is fine though.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
omg metaknight is going to be my main (followed by Captain olimar, if hes in) :)
here im makin a move set for him. I dont play the kirby games so tell me some moves he does in his games so i can work on it more :ohwell:
A- swipes his sword in an angle to the left (2%-3%)
AA- swipes to the right in a up angle (2%-3%)
AAA- jabs with his blade (3%-5%)
A>- pulls back sword and swipes (10%-16%)
Adown- swipes around his feet (8%-11%)
A^- swipes up (9%-15%)
B- swipes quickly (1%-2%) and a small tornado pops out where he swiped (5%-9%)(tornado has good knockback)
Bdown- wraps cape around himself blocking an attack completely 9has it out for 2.5 seconds)
B>- pulls back sword and it ignites with flames (increasing it range) and swings (9%-14%)(does fire dmg and has decent knckback)
^B- kirby's ^B but a tad shorter (when blade comes up 6%-10%) and when it comes down (5%-9%)
Nair-twirls around like kirby (5%-6%)
Bair- swipes behind him (3%-5%)
Uair-swipes up 3 times (2% each hit)
Dair- swipes downward (4%-5%)(better knockback the Bair)
Fair- swipes 3 times forward (2% per hit)
Forwardthrow- tosses your foe with a swipe (4%-7%)
^throw- swipes ur opponent up wide open for a good combo Fair (3%-7%)
Downthrow- swipes them to the floor bouncing them off the floor, which is good b.c. after that u could get him with a good A> or something.
Dash- runs forward and then slashes twice reall fast (2% per hit)

WEIGHT: 4 OUT OF 10
SPEED: 6 OUT OF 10
RECOVERY: 7 OUT OF 10
POWER: 5 OUT OF 10
JUMP: 10 OUT OF 10

wat do u think? :)
wow nice but i think u made his B moves a bit good some of em at least

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Metaknight I hope will not have Kirby's upB.
That was from a kirby hat, nothing to do with metaknight.

Metaknight DID have colours, and they will most likely be using
the colours from Kirby Air Ride.

There was Normal suit (Looked pretty bluish, perhaps that will be blue team)
A pink one, a green one, a white one and a maroon one. I can't remember,
but I think there was a black one too. I do remember his colour scheme
resembling Marth's (With added pink one).

Dedede was also playable, and he had his own set of colour schemes so
perhaps they could use the Kirby Air Ride models. It WAS developed by
Masahiro Sakurai, so I'd say he owns them.

The game's menus were pretty melee'd, and even used the same SFX
albeit at a lower pitch. There were also plenty of melee references, like
the Ice Climbers Kirby hat, and Link's too.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Bakuryu said:
I hope like this:

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
icymatt said:
I hope like this:
It will be that because in SuperStar if you don't have a weapon Meta Knight will give kirby a sword to fight 1v1 sword vs sword one of the funnest fights although the game was short

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Hopefully they'll do a black and white Metaknight as well. That would look kick ***.
Well, if you've played Kirby Air Ride, you'd see that Metaknight actually has some nifty black color schemes and white ones too. Also, I think, there's a red and blue one.

But the only thing I fear about Metaknight is...well...he looks TOO good. I'm sure he'll have SOME kind of weakness or hinderance, but at the moment, he looks like a new Shiek.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
DokturSea said:
Well, if you've played Kirby Air Ride, you'd see that Metaknight actually has some nifty black color schemes and white ones too. Also, I think, there's a red and blue one.

But the only thing I fear about Metaknight is...well...he looks TOO good. I'm sure he'll have SOME kind of weakness or hinderance, but at the moment, he looks like a new Shiek.
Myself said:
Metaknight I hope will not have Kirby's upB.
That was from a kirby hat, nothing to do with metaknight.

Metaknight DID have colours, and they will most likely be using
the colours from Kirby Air Ride.

There was Normal suit (Looked pretty bluish, perhaps that will be blue team)
A pink one, a green one, a white one and a maroon one. I can't remember,
but I think there was a black one too. I do remember his colour scheme
resembling Marth's (With added pink one).

Dedede was also playable, and he had his own set of colour schemes so
perhaps they could use the Kirby Air Ride models. It WAS developed by
Masahiro Sakurai, so I'd say he owns them.

The game's menus were pretty melee'd, and even used the same SFX
albeit at a lower pitch. There were also plenty of melee references, like
the Ice Climbers Kirby hat, and Link's too.
Read posts before posting please.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
:ohwell: No. I'm not going to go read an entire 5 page thread which has posts consisting of mostly "OMG METAKNIGHTS GUNNA B SO KEWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So I said the same thing you did. Big whoop.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Anyway, I think Zamus is going to be better. She has longer range, and still looks fast, reminds me of Marth, and they are both look feminine.

As for Metaknight, he got in, now we just need DeDeDe.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
although i favor snake over all the newcomers, i can't wait to play as metaknight. he had the coolest moves in the gameplay portion of the trailer. it was amazing to see all the fast swipes he used in the trailer.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
He's definetly gonna be an upper or top tier character just by watching the trailer, and main for...too many people I'm sure =/ . Personally, I can't wait to see a good fight between him and Pit =D

Shark X

Smash Lord
Even if Meta-Knight is sadly low Teir, I'm going to dominate with him soo much that he'll be top teir because of me alone XD

So soo better give Meta-Knight some awesome looking black color, with a black cape, and grey mask with those red eyes, and maybe red sword.

Kirby's Copy, he soo better wear Meta-Knights mask and cape XD

Top Bottom