• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Matchup Discussion

Alzi

Smash Master
You need to kinda camp and play offensive at the same time otherwise you will just not win the match.

Whenever you are offstage always carry a bomb as Drig said i'm sure we all knew this anyway. Tend to mix up your recovery aswell so don't always be recovering from below the stage or else they will catch on and gimp you pretty well.

Invincibombing is also amazing in this MU.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Not exactly. That's ZAC. IZAC is started before the peak of your jump. Timing is stupidly tight, but you drop your bomb and you're rising and catch it.

You can technically IZAC>Nair catch>Arrow cancel.

Hyro

Smash Lord
yeah lol. the whole point of iZac is that you DONT have to be at the peak of your jump.

and 2nlio...how do you I don't have pj's avvy???

Hyro

Smash Lord
.............it's extremely extremely hard especially with everything but nair.

you do that consistently in the middle of a match?

i gotta see that ****

again, IZAC, not zac, doing an aerial with a bomb is very easy, doing an aerial with a bomb while RISING is hard as ****

CTX

Smash Journeyman
.............it's extremely extremely hard especially with everything but nair.

you do that consistently in the middle of a match?

i gotta see that ****

again, IZAC, not zac, doing an aerial with a bomb is very easy, doing an aerial with a bomb while RISING is hard as ****
Set "R" to attack. I have found it to be much easier doing that

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
oh whoops. I meant to say i use the non rising one. lol

so i guess i ZAC vs d3 and ic

get it? i ZAC? iZAC?

never mind.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
LOL Lio just won with that.

Butreally, why have none of us perfected this? It seems so...versatile...

It's SOOO hard though. I'll give $5 bucks to a Toon Link that IZAC Nair Arrow Cancels OoS 3 times in a row and records it...well I'll give them the money if I ever see them...**** it just do it for the bragging rights.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
LOL Lio just won with that.

Butreally, why have none of us perfected this? It seems so...versatile...

It's SOOO hard though. I'll give $5 bucks to a Toon Link that IZAC Nair Arrow Cancels OoS 3 times in a row and records it...well I'll give them the money if I ever see them...**** it just do it for the bragging rights.
Dude, I am telling you, set R to attack and then try it....becomes infinitely easier

EDIT: Link mains do it, I use to main Link. Setting R to attack makes a lot of things easier. Bombsmashing, iZAC'ing, DACUS'ing...just try it

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
hmm interesting...im pretty sure ive done it by accident before.

thx for the link

edit: wow i just realised this vid is from march 09

MJG

Smash Hero
That it is a complete *****...

No but really...just have to not be afraid of MK. As silly as that sounds, its true.

And don't play too safe in your shield...only stay in your shield when you KNOW for sure that you will get hit.

EDIT: I really don't like placing ratios on MUs (because Pros/Cons should just be discussed) but I would say that it is 65:35 MK...

Hit-and-Run

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That is actually true Kaffei.
GW vs MK is supposed to be really easy for MK but I always lose to GW for some reason because I get really nervous when I play that MU so I screw up a lot

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Well from my past experiences in this MU I'd say bombs,SH arrows,Zair,Bair,and Fair are key moves in this MU. But becareful for glides canceled into upB. And try not to get juggled by Uair for it will be costly due to MK's followups and great finishers.

No~m

Smash Rookie
DI'ing down and then using zair out of MK's down throw works wonders in this MU. Seems like a small thing on paper but most all the MK's I've faced have used that throw almost exclusively for racking up damage, and the instant zair totally prevents any follow-up. Also the advice about tapping Z twice if the d-throw sends you off stage is great too, saves you from a gimp opportunity. Got to play against Mr.R's metaknight and it helped (even though I still lost)

D

Deleted member

Yes but experienced MKs who know the MU will wait for the Zair and punish it

No~m

Smash Rookie
Yeah you're not going to hit with it once they see it coming, but it comes out fast enough that they have to shield almost immediately. They can only dash forward to follow up once they drop the shield, and what with zair's lag autocancel it's basically a return to neutral even if MK perfect shields the zair.

Top Bottom