• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight is banned: Who will you now be teaming with?!

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
With Metaknight officially gone; this is sloppysubjective guide to who to team with, since I love teams and have a lot of exp with them.

Who I LOVE to team with:
G&W
Metaknight
Peach
Luigi !

Who I like teaming with:
Wario
Sonic
ZSS
Ness
Fox
Lucario
Lucas
Falco

Who I don't like teaming with:
Marth
Yoshi
DDD
Snake(subject to change)
like everyone else.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
King DDD dittos in teams is nice.
Actually did this yesterday. Best team.

We didn't do well because we only really began to get it down in our second set, but next tourney much awesome will be had.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Actually did this yesterday. Best team.

We didn't do well because we only really began to get it down in our second set, but next tourney much awesome will be had.
My DDD has some rust, but no Issue with landing a CG, I need to start hitting the Wifi D3 again, haha.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
:sonic: & :lucas: & :snake: .... that's all that comes to mind. lol

I generally like my teammate to be faster in conduct than me because I think DDD's at his best in doubles when he supports his partner/ditches the other guy, stays behind partner, and double teams with partner.
So besides Lucas and Snake, anybody really fast and damage-racking.

Now that I think of it: diddy kong, meta knight, and I guess wario O_O

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
For whatever reason I once took second in doubles with a Diddy main..lol It made no sense. I place Top 3 in my state every time in doubles and respectably out of state and I have found the best teammates in my own experience to be

:metaknight: :peach: :snake: :diddy: (lol)

D3 is one of if not THE best support character. He stock tanks like a pro, (good DI will have you in the 200s easily), sets up amazing opportunties and can kill when he has to. I find the best partners to be those who:

- Can keep their distance away from D3 when needed but can get over there quickly when D3 tosses you a freebie combo.

- Someone who can handle being in the mix a lot.

- Someone capable of getting D3 out of those bad off stage scenarios.

- Someone with at least one really strong KO move to fully take advantage of our Down-Throw.

From observation:

:warioc: :gw: are REALLY ideal. I think :peach: :snake: and :lucario: are solid as well. :luigi2: and a few others make good choices as well.

I feel the most important part though is playstyles. You cannot be all up in the cluster**** when there's 3 others. You WILL get hit. There's no ifs lmao. Finding a partner who can be aggressive, and is it not afraid to take on both opponents while you find a chance to capitilize is hard but when you do...its such an amazing combo.You HAVE to play defensively..which shouldnt be that hard because we're a defensive character. But there's times you have to camp and run like a ***** and clutch your stock like its gold lol

I've got 2 really good friends/partners here in MI and I have beaten high level teams and placed damn good with them. One's goes all :peach:, the other is a :snake: main but uses :metaknight: more unless we can hard CP them or :metaknight: isn't doing it. Sometimes the :peach: gets gimped and the :metaknight: SDs so in those situations, I have to play as gay as possible so they can take my extra stock but it always works lol

Those were my two cents lol

:phone:

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yeah man we're on the same page, totally. It's like DDD neeeeds his partner. Like you said, one with a good kill move with our down throw, one that can stay away from us, but must come over to help every now and then.
When I'm with Anuar, I straight up call his *** to come nado me to stage when I'm coming down with upB... The fatty can't 1v2, period.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Pretty much Beefy. Our partner is also pretty much our babysitter lol

lol D3 in 2v1s is soooo hard. I have pulled off some **** before but its soooooo hard. That's why I usually let my teammate take my extra stock if it comes down to it.

GRI3VER

Smash Cadet
I like to Team up with :marth: or :gw:.
:marth: has a fairly good air control and can help :dedede: play off his ground game even more.

:gw: and :dedede: has some nice Damage Builder in Teams as for example the old but good DThrow to any Smash. :gw: also help me with my personal killing Problem.

Skel'D3

Smash Cadet
Personally, I prefer to teammate with a G&W or a Wario.

Wario / DDD is my favorite team because of the combos of the both side with Dthrow and it's fun :reverse:

Fractalis

Smash Rookie

(yes I play as DDD sometimes) (HAMMERTIME)
Love the long range grab and the super ranged attacks

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Okay guys, for text I am teaming with MikeHAZE. I have almost no exp teaming with Marth so what should I look for? What are some neat combos? What should both of Us be doing?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Okay guys, for text I am teaming with MikeHAZE. I have almost no exp teaming with Marth so what should I look for? What are some neat combos? What should both of Us be doing?

DB is really easy combo off of because it takes so long for them to be launched (easy Fairs/Utilts/etc.). If you're across the stage and you immediately charge Fsmash in reaction to DB then that can combo at mid %.

Inhale opponents and let Mike tipper Fsmash you (this is amazing against characters who are difficult/awkward to tipper Fsmash normally, like ZSS).

Chain grab across the stage into fully charged shield breaker. Dthrow>Dtilt>Re-grab. Dthrow>non-tipper Fsmash>Utilt.

Marth's non-Uthrows>Utilt/Bair are good and Bair combos into Marth stuff at low-mid %.

DDD+Marth can edge guard pretty much the entire cast by having DDD jump over the ledge to start a Fair and then FF it to hit someone recovering low while Marth counters by the ledge if they try to get past during Fair's start-up (MK is coming to mind for the reason for counter).

DDD+Marth is one of the best 2v1 juggling teams because they cover each other's holes well. DDD's Uair is a prime example of an otherwise ok juggler that suddenly becomes amazing because getting past it usually involves an obvious air dodge that DDD can't punish but his partner can (in this case, that would be DB ending in up to reset the juggle until kill %).

Random stuff off the top of my head.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I had an interesting idea/thought today. I recall someone mentioning that Marth can use Falco's "rapid" laser to make an inescapable (it can't be DIed or SDIed) Fsmash>Fsmash>Fsmash combo because Fsmash has so much hit lag. I haven't tested it, but it seems that it'd be worth it to see if it's possible for DDD to grab>Marth Fsmash>re-grab. Theoretically it could 0-Death the entire cast.

If the re-grab involves DDD getting hit then at least the first few hits should allow DDD to pivot grab so that the grab is more disjointed and he isn't hit. Marth's Fsmash takes a total of 49 frame from start to finish, so if Marth has a window of 11 frame to move and start the next Fsmash then this should -- in theory -- allow Marth+DDD to 0-Death the entire cast with Fsmash>Fsmash>Fsmash>Fsmash>(one more Fsmash for mid-weights and two more for heavy-weights)>DDDUtilt within 4-6 seconds. Practically speaking, you're more likely to find them at least mid-percents, which would shave off a couple seconds from this.

Practically you won't have someone grabbed while the opponent is dying, however it is much more common/obvious for this to occur when the opponent is simply knocked away and left to recover. That means that this is naturally more effective against teams that have one member who recovers slowly (e.g. DDD as opposed to Falco) and/or is unable to assist their teammate out of such a combo while recovering (e.g. Olimar as opposed to Pikachu). This is pretty much Doubles 101, but I feel like mentioning it regardless.

I'm hesitant to make a list of characters who are relatively bad at stopping this while knocked away, lest people take it to heart while thinking about it, but I went through and it did anyway as part of my own thinking:

This generally includes characters such as Snake, Marth, Lucario, DDD, Game and Watch (bucket braking alone can take ~2 seconds to reach maximum horizontal movement), Peach, Ike, Sheik/Zelda, Ness, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Mario, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Question:

You guys mentioned that dedede takes damage but not knockback if he's inhaled someone, does Snake have enough time to use fsmash?

If not, Utilt would work, right?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Question:

You guys mentioned that dedede takes damage but not knockback if he's inhaled someone, does Snake have enough time to use fsmash?

If not, Utilt would work, right?
Fsmash is possible if they don't mash out. Utilt isn't guaranteed, but it's very practical since it's exceedingly rare for someone to mash out soon enough.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The enhale>tipper is a good idea, but it can sometimes not work well and can have some odd physics depending on the character in question. What really works well with the enhale combo is to have a hyphen u-smash from almost anyone in the cast (it gets there faster). Specially from someone with a powerful upsmash. If you think you're going to have a mashout issue, train them not to by using enhale>happyending. That and walk toward you're teammate.

Exdeath

Smash Master
The enhale>tipper is a good idea, but it can sometimes not work well and can have some odd physics depending on the character in question. What really works well with the enhale combo is to have a hyphen u-smash from almost anyone in the cast (it gets there faster). Specially from someone with a powerful upsmash. If you think you're going to have a mashout issue, train them not to by using enhale>happyending. That and walk toward you're teammate.
Just racking damage wasn't the point. If it was then it would be better to spit them out into a Marth attack since that way DDD doesn't take damage and it has better follow-ups from DDD.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Im not talking about taking damage. Im talking about killing. I regularly partner wroth a marth, so I've been doing some testing. It can sometimes act weird. Most cases is that the opponent will not take a tipper launch or there is such a hit lash from it that you could easily smash di it. All im saying is its not the most reliable option for inhale to finish.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Tipper Fsmash cannot be SDIed. SDI simply does not exist when you are hit by it. Usmash, on the other hand, is one of the most easily SDIed moves in the game if you see it coming.

Top Bottom