• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
First I must say, This tech is mind blowing, cheap and will most likely be banned as soon as I post how to do this. People who get credit for this is the Japanese for showing a video, Me, (Sean) for obliviously showing the public and the concepts behind this tech and all that good stuff. And Lucien cause he’s really good at doing this stuff. haha

Alright here we go

The MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape, the name I guess its being called till I find a catchy-er name, Is a tech that allows Metaknight, and only Metaknight to my knowledge can do.

Basically meta enters his Down-b Animation, were he becomes completely invincible and not to be seen till the move is over, witch you can get distance with it, grab the edge with it, a bunch of goodies with it, even attack out of it!

But this tech, it allows you to stay in the 'disappearing animation' as long as you desire or your arms let you.

First before I spill how to do it, I must tell you how his down - B happens.

I hope by now, everyone knows that Metaknight can travel a short distance with it. But what most people do not know is that, if you were to do it in the air, as you touch the ground, the animation of the move gets extended a tad longer. Witch is how this tech is preformed, basically you make Metaknight go up and down over and over to stay in 1 spot or move around.

How to do it:

First, stay stander on the ground with MK, and prefourm your Down-b, and directly after, and I mean DIRECTLY after, start smashing up C, the up on the c stick, while holding down. What does this allow Metaknight to do? Simple. Here is the physics behind it:

As MK is in his down - B, what I said earlier he touches the ground from being in the air, his down b last longer. So up on the C stick, makes him rise just a very small bit, and when you hold down, he goes back to the ground, thus making the animation last longer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PdmwKfPchms

That’s basically it, now a few words of warning about this tech. I, by no means try to have this tech made for stalling proposes. I used this tech this sat at a tournament 2 times in matches, 1 was in teams, we was about to lose, so I did it across the stage then off the stage to kill myself to basically leave my people in awe. And another, Ill show the video once it is uploaded to the web, my match I used it in. All I did was use it cause I was in a corner. And not use it to its fullest extent, but just a bit more to get past him.

So in conclusion, I want to say this:

This tech is obliviously going to be used, its going to be used as a stall, its going to get banned, all that. But only if people don't do it, to stall that is, but just to maybe show off, or maybe in a match, just to get out of a 'sticky situation.' You have the power now, use it wisely.

-Sean the 'co' finder of MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape.

acv

Smash Journeyman
its too hard to keep it going for more than 2 minutes

Dojo

Smash Champion
You really shouldn't be worried about it being a stall.

More than likely, they'll put like a 3 second rule on it or something similar. Anybody who's gonna use attempt to do it for 8 minutes has brain damage.

But this is very good to get out of tight spots.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
they can finally replace that line in the rules
Such stall tactics such as .... whatever they are at the current moment are banned.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since it's basically an Infinite Stall, it's auto-banned.

You cannot go "Use it wisely, don't stall". I can be used to stall. We're not going to wait 'til someone actually uses it to stall. We're banning it now since it's an Infinite Stall that leaves Meta-Knight invincible. This means that if Meta-Knight, at any time, gets 2% lead, he can start doing the stall and win.

It's an auto-win for Meta-Knight from the moment he gets a 2% lead. Thus, auto-banned. It's easy to enforce, too, since it's quite hard to accidentally do it.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
exactly if someone does it for 8 minutes that should definately be banned, im for a ruling for a time limit. I mean thats the only way i see it being enforced. Since its hard to tell if someone does it for 1 second extra or not.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman

You cannot go "Use it wisely, don't stall". I can be used to stall. We're not going to wait 'til someone actually uses it to stall. We're banning it now since it's an Infinite Stall that leaves Meta-Knight invincible. This means that if Meta-Knight, at any time, gets 2% lead, he can start doing the stall and win.

It's an auto-win for Meta-Knight from the moment he gets a 2% lead. Thus, auto-banned. It's easy to enforce, too, since it's quite hard to accidentally do it.
what about d3 to 1/4 of the char on the roster to not even move and do a infinitely grab in place? there is more worst things in the game than this, a tech that most people can evne do for 10 secs.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master

Using it as a stall should be banned but using it for other reasons shouldn't. It should be treated the same way that peach bombing, rising pounds, and infinite ledge stalls were treated in melee.

Dojo

Smash Champion

What about tactics such as peach's bomb jumps and jiggs rising pound to recover in melee... it could be used to recover, not to stall...

A decently same principle abides by this. It can be used to get out of being edgeguarded by an opponent standing on the stage. You can ledge jump then perform this move to get to the other side of the stage.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Using it as a stall should be banned but using it for other reasons shouldn't. It should be treated the same way that peach bombing, rising pounds, and infinite ledge stalls were treated in melee.
that is EXACTLY what Lucien said yesterday. And i fully agree

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
what about d3 to 1/4 of the char on the roster to not even move and do a infinitely grab in place? there is more worst things in the game than this, a tech that most people can evne do for 10 secs.
Because it's only on 4 characters. It only makes those 4 characters unviable against him (and he's not even the hardest matchup for some of them, despite the infinite).

This allows Meta-Knight to win against everyone. You're ahead by 2%? Down B. You just won the match by getting 1st blood. In order to compete, everyone would have to play Meta-Knight. Competitive Play would devolve into whichever Meta-Knight gets the 1st hit in.

exactly if someone does it for 8 minutes that should definately be banned, im for a ruling for a time limit. I mean thats the only way i see it being enforced. Since its hard to tell if someone does it for 1 second extra or not.
It's not that hard. Since if you notice someone doing it, you can go get a TO and have them watch the Meta-Knight's fingers. Every time Meta-Knight does Down B, the TO only has to throw a quick glance at their fingers to tell if he's doing the stall.

Also, a time limit? What would this arbitrary time limit be? How long will we allow Meta-Knight to use it to make Down B more safe? How long will we allow Meta-Knight to use it to allow him to stay invincible?

I mean, when he does it at the wrong time and will have to appear and stay open for quite a while, he can just initiate the Stall and then travel to a safe distance. Or he can just hold it 'til he finds an opening and releases it and hits his opponent.

How long will he be allowed to do it? And if so, who will be standing by at each Meta-Knight game to determine whether someone is holding their Down Bs in too long or not? "Oh no, I only meant to hold it in for 2.99 seconds!" "Too bad, it was 3.01 seconds." - What, are they to stand around with stopwatches.

Precedence says that this has to be banned outright for brokenness and to prevent abuse.

What about tactics such as peach's bomb jumps and jiggs rising pound to recover in melee... it could be used to recover, not to stall...

A decently same principle abides by this. It can be used to get out of being edgeguarded by an opponent standing on the stage. You can ledge jump then perform this move to get to the other side of the stage.
Only you could just go "There, you used 4 Peach Bombers in a row, that's the threshhold.". With this, you have to time it. How long will Meta be allowed to hold the cape? And who will be standing by with a stopwatch to time him every single time?

Also, let's say we allow Meta-Knight to hold it in for a maximum of 5 seconds. 5 seconds left on the timer of a match, he does it, goes invincible, no way to win. Well, I guess I shouldn't have allowed him to stay out of hitstun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom