• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

metaknight 4 way brawl potential?

Arclite

Smash Rookie
I was just curious as to everyone's thoughts of metaknight in a 4 way brawl. I think the general consensis is that MK is mid high to (top?) tier in 1v1. But I play with my friends and I have a hard time with MK in 4 way brawls. I usually combo one guy up and then get snuck into a combo ending in a smash from some heavy like ike, and in timed battle that is -1 me and +1 him... So I was wondering about people's thoughts as to the potential of MK in 4 way brawl and if the moves you use vary?

Targetting high dmg people goes without saying, as everyone does that, but does MK have any advantage here? I try to juggle people to KO, tag someone around 25% u-air them a few to f-air (which despite the MK faq, i think is a good move with decent knockback), and then fly after them maybe for a (lucky) ending up-b to soar back to the ledge and ledge guard...

The MK faq says that n-B is spammable, but in 4 way i find someone always tags me either out of it or when the move finishes. I tend to rely on moves that I have more control over such as my d smash and air play a great deal more... Thoughts?

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
yea i have trouble i 4 way too
but nB is really good if every one is in the same spot at the same time

JDegner790

Smash Rookie
I suggest you either spam the **** out of Mach Tornado and dsmash people who are high on damage, or, if that's not working, find a secondary character like Ike or Dedede to use in free-for-all matches. Meta Knight is blatantly weak and definitely not meant to be used when multiple targets and threats are present.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
If you want to stick with metaknight then jsut stay out of the direct battle and down smash thema t high percents

Another suggestion is to find another character.

meta knight is really good for teams and 1v1 but horrible for fours.

in order i use these as my mains and secondaries

Metaknight
Ness
Fox
Zero Suit Samus
Link
Ganondorf

I would pick metaknight or ness for 1v1s and teams
i would normally pick fox or zero suit for fours.
and i use link and ganondorf when im playing people substantially worse then me to give them a slightly larger chance of winning

Find someone to use who has good spammable attacks or pseudo-combos

metaknight is in this category bu alot of people target him calling him annoying.

Top Bottom