• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagalactic Blitz

Kokkivos

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody, I made a game that was inspired by smash bros, thought I'd post about it here since RoA got good feedback. I'm making this game with more competitive players in mind. Hoping to get some mechanics feedback here once the game launches.

Here's what the game looks like:

Mine isn't as directly smash-like as most games I see posted here, but the main idea of building damage and knocking people to the blast zone is the same. It's top-down instead of side-scrolling, and the theme is sci-fi dodgeball.

Each character shares the main mechanics of picking up and throwing dodgeballs, reflecting balls (which can result in lethal league-type reflect battles), and dashing/catching balls. But, everyone also has 3 unique abilities that are fueled by picking up dodgeballs. (picking up a ball gives 1 power, using an ability costs 1 power). For example, the guy in the lower left has a shotgun that stuns longer at closer range, a circular pull that can pull players in for a point-blank shotgun, and a laser that passively charges over time (similar to R.O.B.'s laser). He's using the laser at max charge right now.

Here's a video of gameplay:

This game is pretty far along, we're already through Steam Greenlight and will be releasing the beta on 5/19. It would be great if I could get some competitive smash players involved in the beta to help me find bugs and refine the mechanics. I'll be sure to hang out in this thread to see what you guys think and respond to any questions.

Top Bottom