• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's PM Down Arial - Killed Quietly?

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
Am I nuts or does it feel like no one really talked about or cared that Meta Knight's custom d-air before 3.5 was removed? I'm a bit sad that they took it out since I only got into PM on 3.5 and still love this wonderful mod to death!

Does anyone know why they removed it and why it's barely discussed?

Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
The Stab-dive was one of the most extensively retested moves in Project M history. They still couldn't balance it well. Having an angle-able divekick on a multijump character was deemed too strong and impossible to balance.

I'm sad they had to change it but for the health of the character the decision made sense. They gave us a new Dair in 3.6 that fills the hole we had, I'm fairly satisfied with the state of his Dair currently.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
I guess that makes sense. I was just more surprised it died so quietly.
Wasn't actually that quiet. Basically everyone but a select few dropped the character in 3.5 as a result of his changes.

We only just now started building the community for him back up.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Yeah it was a pretty loud killing when 3.5 came out lol, people are more chill about it now because his new dair is actually useful, unlike the 3.5 one

Top Bottom