• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Top Five Power Rankings:

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
1. Ito
2. Oki
3. S2h
I'll stop there because I am uncertain where mk players weaker than s2h fall into. Ito puts in work, we know this. Oki rarely drops shuttle loops confirmed from uairs; along with other kill opportunities. And I don't see where this scissor guy makes the cut. Like a lot of weaker mks, he fsmashes way too often in situations where he should be mixing up or applying mobile pressure. Like instead of neutral b near ledge to punish standard getup or roll tech, he'll charge a random fsmash too far to hit anyone camping the ledge. He won't even buffer shuttle loop after a whiffed fsmash to catch people who think they can punish it.
Oh and katakiri. He's okay, but I think I'm better now. I don't have any set videos right now to show my standing, so I'll just say I THINK I'm better. I'll be at Paragon here in SoCal in September to see where I stand against other mks. I'll be sure to record.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Results speak for themselves mate, but if you wanna see him play here's a link http://www.twitch.tv/nmesmash/profile/past_broadcasts

Its only friendlies tho, in terms of results and overall play he's above pretty much everyone or at the very least 2nd. Can you link us to Oki's latest videos?

I don't think S2H is as good as people claim. He doesn't stick out like Ito and tyrant do he's basically lumped with all the other 'good' MKs.

@Snoop Dogg i agree, but the power gap from 2-3 is huge in terms of results and play overall. I don't keep up with Japans meta so im unsure on how Salena is doing atm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Current top 5 IMO:

1. Ito/Tyrant
2. (who ever isn't first above)
3. Salena
4. S2H
5. Katakiri

Again, just my opinion. What are your thoughts?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh and katakiri. He's okay, but I think I'm better now. I don't have any set videos right now to show my standing, so I'll just say I THINK I'm better. I'll be at Paragon here in SoCal in September to see where I stand against other mks. I'll be sure to record.
I said this in page 2 so I guess I'll quote myself:

I said:
Also, I think it's pretty obligatory that if you're going to make claims for yourself that you post tournament matches, win-loss records, PR rankings (which was done by someone else so no worries there) and supporting material.
On a side note, looking forward to seeing your matches should you get to record them. I enjoy watching different MKs.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Shots here. The fact Oki & Ito get aerial Shuttle Loop KOs consistently doesn't tell squat about their skill; it means their region has no clue how to DI Shuttle Loop. What an overrated region.

I personally spread the word all over the Midwest on how to properly DI aerial Shuttle Loop months ago because I wanted to progress our region's metagame and force myself to gitgud. I'm not going to be convinced Oki is top 5 until NorCal & SoCal show they have any idea how to properly deal with our character. I submit that Ito & Tyrant are better than me, but if Cali let me dance all over them like they let Ito & Oki, I could get top 3 consistently too.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
if you get the 1st hit of aerial shuttle loop that locks them in place its not diable, its only when you get the 1st that has knockback that you can di away from it

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
Well after this weekend we might as well put that kid Leo at #1 for 2 stocking Mr. R three times in a row

kro_

Smash Apprentice
TWO STOOOOOOCK

I always used MK just for fun, but after seeing Leo I'm gonna pick up MK now

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Jesus, he consecutively two stocks the guy who gets #2 in EVO, the guy that ZeRo is scared to go Sheik dittos with, three times. His punish game is super optimized like Itol, but his PLAY on the neutral and conversions are just godly, a step above the others. That was extremely impressive.

TBH I still don't know if I'd put Tyrant over Itol just yet. From what I've been told, Itol is still the more "optimized" Meta Knight, Tyrant just outplays people in Smash itself.

I may be wrong, but I think the reason people place S2H high despite not winning a bajillion #1 titles in a row is because of his region, I don't know about Smash 4 but people usually consider it like the #1 or 2 hardest overall for Melee and maybe 4.

Katakiri is the guy who got me into Meta Knight before I even bought the game (never played Brawl)... I remember his post back in Oct-Dec 2014 or so, briefly going over how MK plays and whatnot (he's like Melee Fox, he baits and punishes, dash attack is your starter, etc.). Katakiri might be "underrated" to some because of his region, he's almost certainly #4/5 unless another MK I don't know about pops out of nowhere and whoops someone's ass.

meh

busken

Smash Ace
So where do you guys think Leo stands compared to the Top MK's now? We don't really know the strength of his region but from what I've heard they've said that Mexico average player level is much higher then in the US. I think he's easily a top 5 contender though.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
At this point, it's pretty clear the only high level MK players out there are Ito, Tyrant, and Leo. No clue where they should be placed. Leo has gotten the most impressive results with the character, but I feel Ito knows the character better than anyone else. Though Ito also has issues with the ditto, which is probably one of the most obnoxious ditto matchups in the game.

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
At this point, it's pretty clear the only high level MK players out there are Ito, Tyrant, and Leo. No clue where they should be placed. Leo has gotten the most impressive results with the character, but I feel Ito knows the character better than anyone else.
Perfectly said.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
So where do you guys think Leo stands compared to the Top MK's now? We don't really know the strength of his region but from what I've heard they've said that Mexico average player level is much higher then in the US. I think he's easily a top 5 contender though.
I really would like to see Leo's mk against more U.S. competition. He should come out to SoCal and play, that'd be awesome. I agree with you. He seems top 5 to me.
My new opinion on top 5:
Ito, tyrant, Leo, katakiri, oki in that order.

ZTD | TECHnology

The gap between @ Katakiri Katakiri and I has lessened dramatically over the past few months.

With that said, Katakiri is still better than I am. I keep tabs on my Midwest bat bro all the time. My time is coming though. I'm breaking all sorts of ground.

:4metaknight:

ZTD | TECHnology

Ito's absence from tournaments and the boards as well as the deletion of his Twitter has caused some of us to question what is going on with him. We hope that he returns but we may have to prepare for the possibility that he may not return. This is something to consider in the coming days. I hope that he is just taking a break after EVO. Ito really inspired me to rise with this character alongside Katakiri.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Seibrik beat True Blue 2-1, another mk here. His scene has nickriddle and 8bitman as well, so it ain't no free scene.

He beat Nick as well who was using Marth and Falco which sent him to losers. He beat his Fox and Marth in losers but Nick brought it back with ZSS.

He used to be a diddy main btw.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
@ Ulevo Ulevo Don't know if secondaries are allowed since im only seeing solo MK users in the top 5.

Mr R got 5th at Smashcon using MK/Sheik took a game off Nairo's ZSS and had a close game against Dabuz's Roslaina despite his MK being 2 weeks old. And won a local with MK/Ryu, he used MK when his Ryu lost to D3 and dominated the D3 player and won against his Pac-Man. He also beat K9 3-2 with only MK, he then went Ryu in GF.

Also more results from @ ZTD | TECHnology ZTD | TECHnology and some JBand guy i never heard of.
Also, TGC4 is done. MK/Luigi wins (JBand played as 'em, so props to him). @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2

Treluh got 9th :( but hey, more room for the 9 T H P L A C E B O Y S (I also randomly checked some tourney result thread and it seemed like warionumbah2's friend got 9th also. Think it was Tech Ch4se). I think I know a lot of people that got 9th place recently at this point. Myself included lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Yep, I posted about that in social as I always do after a tournament. My losses were appropriate of one of my skill level but still sucks to get 9th -_-

I'm out for blood this week.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
@ Ulevo Ulevo Don't know if secondaries are allowed since im only seeing solo MK users in the top 5.

Mr R got 5th at Smashcon using MK/Sheik took a game off Nairo's ZSS and had a close game against Dabuz's Roslaina despite his MK being 2 weeks old. And won a local with MK/Ryu, he used MK when his Ryu lost to D3 and dominated the D3 player and won against his Pac-Man. He also beat K9 3-2 with only MK, he then went Ryu in GF.

Also more results from @ ZTD | TECHnology ZTD | TECHnology and some JBand guy i never heard of.
Jband is in my region and I play against him quite a lot. Though his MK isn't very practiced he is a very good smash player in general and has solid fundamentals. Took TGC in houston with MK/Sheik last week. Texas has a few good MKs but probably not PR worthy

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Seibrik beat True Blue 2-1, another mk here. His scene has nickriddle and 8bitman as well, so it ain't no free scene.

He beat Nick as well who was using Marth and Falco which sent him to losers. He beat his Fox and Marth in losers but Nick brought it back with ZSS.

He used to be a diddy main btw.
I don't think I ever told this story. Seibrik actually came up to my hotel room to $10 MK ditto money match at EVO. We played best of 5 sets.
I won the 1st set, then he hit me the "double or nothing" and I beat him in the 2nd set too.:4metaknight:

Twisted_Jokerr

Smash Cadet
Excuse me, I have a lot more solid wins than all those players combined. I should be 1st, to be honest. I've seen Katakiri, Fye, Unknown's vids and they're decent at best.

Top 5 Mk's in my opinion:

1st. S2H
2nd: Ito (if he used mk since 1.0.2 more he'd be on top)
3rd: Oki/Scizor
4th: Katakiri
5th: Unknown

Oki Doesn't belong in top 5 Meta Knights at all. I've Beaten him before, and he always places in 6th or 5th at my local i attend. While that may seem like much, Mr ConCon, Keraflax, Suplex|DJ, and TaterNater (Ludwig main) all beat him on a constant basis. He have a very "flow-chart-y" style and its hindering him improving as a player and as a Meta Knight main.

He spams F-Smash and Piviot F-Smash. Sure its a great attack but you dont need to apporach him and he will mess up. Hes more of a Bait Meta Knight than a Punish Meta Knight, and you need both aspects to reach Meta Knights apex game.

All other Meta Knights on this list are find. Just understand that Oki needs of all the MK's on that list needs to mix up his style a bit more.

And Oki, if you ever reads this, please understand that this isn't a personal attack on you nor am i saying your a bad player. You just have some blemishes in your game that will hinder you from getting top 3 constantly.

Top Bottom