• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight STL

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Okay, MK panelists, I need you to help come up with a list of MK specific terms such as Shuttle Loop cancelling that we will fomally define in the MK release thread.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
1) Rufio LMAO
2) SL down B cancel, or to be specific, Down B cancelling your glide
3) Side B edge cancel
4) Tornado ledge cancel
5) DownB into the ground and you get extra height on your nado (no name, not practical)
6) Side B cancelling into haldberd

Ill think of some more its kinda late just off the top of my head :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
4) Tornado ledge cancel
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that momentum being carried to do a certain platform cancel?

Let me put it this way:

Sonic has a similar mechanism with shaving off a lot of the lag from Homing attack's cooldown if he gets a hard, bent-over landing. If he was drifting close to the edge of any platform and with enough drift he can slide off, cancel the hard-landing, and be able to act with an aerial/DJ/Special attack/whatever.

I'm not sure if that's something that's unique to MK. That's just me though.

:093:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Possibly, I just know that generally MK has a distinct falling animation (i know it's 29 frames to autocancel and I feel like it's the same to regrab the ledge although I don't have the frame data for it right now). When you grounded tornado at a certain angle near the ledge you can grab it immediately and you fail to have any of the down time that you normally do.

you can't do any air or another special so I don't think its like the edge cancel you're talking about, since you can only grab the ledge after otherwise you go into falling animation // die.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I don't think that Neutral B has a cancel -- just going into free-fall while carrying momentum so that you can be within ledge grab distance.

Neutral B's delayed hit box when sliding off of a platform
Buffered Ftilt's peculiarity
[Possibly] Tilting Glide Attack (Gair :troll:)

Top Bottom