• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Sawnd File

AndrewHK

Smash Rookie
So I've been tinkering with Super Sawndz and have found that within projectm/pf/sfx, there are a fair number of sawnd files missing, including 11.sawnd, the Meta Knight sound file. When I put an unedited 11.sawnd from the Brawl smashbros_sound.brsar into my sfx folder to replace the missing file, when a match started my Wii would crash as soon as the camera pans over to where Meta Knight should appear. The game must be pulling Meta Knight's sounds from somewhere else, but since PM has no smashbros_sound.brsar file that I can find, I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone help?

There's a screenshot of my current pf/sfx folder.

Last edited:

AndrewHK

Smash Rookie
What build are you using? Homebrew, no-homebrew as built by the PMDT?
I use the Homebrew build, but I ended up figuring it out, I used the Japanese MK voice pack made for use with 3.6 and put in that 11.sawnd and then edited from there. Unfortunately, after doing all my editing, when I pick Mewtwo the game crashes even though I've done nothing to his files, so the problems just don't stop it seems.

AndrewHK

Smash Rookie
AndrewHK AndrewHK my Mewtwo sounds didn't work with no-homebrew version, and Snake is missing his f-smash sounds. Not sure what's up with that.
That's weird. Is your version edited at all, or is it just the one straight from the website? I still haven't gone backwards through my edit history using a new SD card to test when exactly Mewtwo becomes unplayable so I still have no idea what's going on but that's really bizarre.

Top Bottom