• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

meta knight Rage/staling, Benefits, disadvantages

BigBrotherBlade

Smash Rookie
Alot of people say Heavy weights benefit from the rage mechanic but i don't think you guys realize how much meta knight benefits from rage. This is because his moves do low%, High knockback. Take his bair for example, its KBG is 212, Thats freaking absurd, Marths TIppered Bair does around 92. Surely it does more percent but Rage multiplies your knockback rate, not the percent rate. This is why sometime you might see a shiek die at 40% with 2 up airs and a up b form the middle of the stage with rage. >100% you will see Up b and bair killing pretty darn early. But this makes Meta knight heavily susceptible to Staling. During one match, I was versing a pit and I used up B after dash attack about 4 times to just add on percent, At one point the pit was flying near the roof of smashvile, i up b'd him at 120% with BOTH hits and with his good DI he survived it. Basically im just saying, For your kill moves save them. The only exception would be Fsmash and Down B since they do pretty high % compared to all his other moves. You also get a 1.05x freshness bonus for using moves for the first time.

Last edited:

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
Staling doesn't matter for kills so long as you don't spam the same move like 5 times during a stock lIke you did vs a Pit lol. If you just did DA to SL like once or twice, that's fine but you also could've just gotten more mileage from just trying to do DA to Uair for example.

Top Bottom