• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Match-Up Discussion 10 | R.O.B.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Welcome to our R.O.B. match-up discussion! :4metaknight:

"Beep Boop"

Discuss character strengths, weaknesses, ground-game, air-game, and all things Beeps vs Bats here.

Got questions, opinions, or suggestions you want to share about other characters? Head over to the Meta Knight Match-Up Discussion Directory Thread or the Meta Knight Social/General Discussion; we're more than happy to help you.​

Rules said:
1. Be respectful of each other. No insults, no trolling, no flaming, or any of that nonsense.
2. Be aware that some of the discussions can and will be old, so don't call out someone for "wrong" data if that post was referring to say, patch 1.03 stuff.
3. Be impartial; learn to see things from other sides. So, don't boast about all the advantages. Notice weaknesses and strengths from both parties.
4. Stay on topic.
5. Have fun.
Frame Data to expand your mind!:
|:4metaknight:Hit Frames|:4rob:Hit Frames
Jab | 6, HYAYAYAYAYAYA, 30 | 3-4, 12-13
Dash Attack | 7-11 | 7-8
F-Tilt | 6, 12, 17 | 7-9
U-Tilt | 8-10, 8-14, 11-14 | 4-5, 6-7
D-Tilt | 3-4 | 3
Side Smash | 24 | 16-17
Up Smash | 8, 12, 17 | 10-11, 14-18
Down Smash | 4, 9 | 7-14
N-Air | 6-7, 8-20 | 18-32
F-Air | 9, 12, 15 | 6-7
B-Air | 7-8, 13-14, 20-21 | 19-23, 24-29
U-Air | 6 | 8-26
D-Air | 4 | 20-21, 20-26
Grab | 7-8 | 7-8
Dash Grab | 9-10 | 9-10
Pivot Grab | 9-10 | 11-12

srn347

Smash Apprentice
ROB has a big projectile game and MK is slightly weak to projectiles, but only slightly since he can spend as much time in the air as he needs. With how comboable rob is but also how heavy he is, I'd have to speculate the matchup is about even.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
This matchup is absolutely NOT even. We suffer in the ROB matchup. It's very hard to get in due to his constant shield pressure and N-air. If we can get it it's heaven, but it takes a lot of work. All the stages that we do well on are ones that ROB does well on (Town & City, Halberd, etc.) because he gets lots of kills off the top. I don't think I've taken a set off of a skilled ROB with MK yet. ROB just has so many ways to counter us that this MU can get really frustrating. Patience is gonna be a virtue here because there is almost no room for error against ROB as MK. Keep your cool and walk around until you can punish with a grab/dash attack. Staying in the air is going to help you get in, but don't be reckless. Try to pepper his shield with D-airs and then drop down with a Tornado to eat it away or even poke.

Edgegaurding ROB isn't a walk in the park either. ROB has the ability to attack out of his recovery and he hits very hard. Try to bait out his aerials and then punish with a N-air or B-air. Sending him as far away from the ledge as possible is key because you've gotta make him waste that gas tank.

This is a matchup where somebody could get timed out. His wall puts a lot of pressure on MK. Just play smart and stay calm.
For a character that's so easy to combo, but is very hard to get in on, I'm gonna give this a 30:70 in :4rob: 's favor.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Does anyone else feel the way Bonk! does about this match up? I'm rather curious. I feel 3:7 is likely wrong, but I have no experience to say otherwise.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Does anyone else feel the way Bonk! does about this match up? I'm rather curious. I feel 3:7 is likely wrong, but I have no experience to say otherwise.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh on us, but my first good ROB opponent was Mister Eric and it was near impossible. I've gotten better since then, but I'm still skeptical about this one.

I know @ Katakiri Katakiri has had way more experience with Mister Eric though and I think some of their sets are on Katakiri's channel. That may shed some more light if I study up on it.

EDIT: Katakiri was recently beep-bopped so please take everything he says with the saltiest grain of NaCl.
:dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee: :dkmelee:

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
I have troubles against ROB with MK as well. I feel like ROB's shield, projectiles and sh Nair are really good against us.
I think that it's a disadvantage for us, but I didn't give the MU a huge try since I can just use Kirby and win. But I'm sure that we can't play him in autopilot mode, this character is good and his punishes are real.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, R.O.B. definitely has the matchup this time around. With Meta Knight's nerfed range and overall descreased mobility, Meta's gonna have a hard time getting out of a disadvantageous situation here. Not to mention, R.O.B.'s Nair comes out a lot faster now, autocancels, and it beats out practically all of Meta Knight's aerials save for Bair on its own. Meta Knight can stay in the air for as long as he wants, which makes aerial approach a lot more favorable, although a good R.O.B. will either throw a Nair in your face or shield the oncoming aerials once you get in close. It'll definitely take some time and effort to learn the MU, but it is still winnable for Meta.
I won't provide a concrete MU ratio of my own since I haven't got a ton of experience with it myself just yet, but if I had to give it a guess, I'd say, more or less, 60:40. R.O.B.'s advantage.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The fact that Katakiri has beaten R.O.B before in the past and other MKs saying its even i find it odd seeing 60:40/70:30 being thrown around like candy.

Not too bothered tho since i don't play R.O.B offline. Nor do i play him often online.

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
The fact that Katakiri has beaten R.O.B before in the past and other MKs saying its even i find it odd seeing 60:40/70:30 being thrown around like candy.
Keep in mind that the set on Katakiri's video of his set with Mister Eric was uploaded in January. Mister Eric might have not had as much experience with that MU than he had with me because either I was playing really predictable that set or he just knew what to expect from his past games with Katakiri. He's probably much more experienced now based on that knowledge.

I wish I could make judgements about Unknown's recent set with Tantalus, but I think we've established a firm opinion on Unknown until he starts applying Meta Knight's fundamentals.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
How well can MK combo and juggle? If he can at all, that's probably your only leg up. I think R.O.B outclasses him fairly well.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
It's close to even, with a slight advantage to ROB, imo. If I were to peg a ratio, I'd say between 45:55 & 60:40 (ROB's favor). And GOD does it feel good to say that after getting pooped on to the max by MK in Brawl.

I only play about 2-3 good MK's, and its been a bit since I've played them, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Notes:
  • ROB does a pretty solid job of zoning MK out due to MK's lack of range on his approach.

• I feel that MK can't quite "bob and weave" as well as some of the other puffball chars, which makes it a bit harder for MK to really bait an action. Plus, I'm not entirely sure what real punishes MK has outside of like, N-air or up+B in the event the ROB takes the bait, so please let me know if there's some ZOMFGWTFRUS amazing option. Additionally, I think that being able to "bob and weave" less than the other puffball chars makes it harder for the MK to really play keep-away & bait an action when he has a lead, which kind of goes hand in hand with the whole "can't punish the bait too well" statement I made.

• ROB's U-air works really, really well in this MU, imo. As mentioned about the lack of aerial mobility from MK, and limited range (on D-air) I feel this lends itself to ROB being able to hit more raw/rogue/randy U-airs while the MK is floating around in pseudo-neutral than in most MU's, and bating out the D-air or Airdodge vs MK in a follow-up situation will net us a KO as low as like... 50% (have to be rather close to the top of a low-ceiling stage), but more commonly around the 85-110 range, iirc - I need some verification on these percent ranges.

• I know you've got some decent low-mid percent combo/strings ( [?D?-throw ->] Dash Attack -> up+B, I think. As I mentioned, its been awhile so I cant remember). I also think that your FastFalled U-air chain -> Up+B works on ROB pretty well, but I've had success with DI'ing out of the up+B hit that would kill. Not sure if it was an execution error on the MKs part, good DI on my part, or if it isn't as guaranteed/easy to land on ROB as I think it is.

• It seems like MK's in general (from playing, and from watching some vids) seem to like dimensional cape a lot more in this game than in Brawl. Is there something I'm missing about its utility? With that being said, I feel that's a solid option if you can get a bead on ROB's movement patterns (both grounded & aerial, as well as in the offensive/defensive/neutral stances), but the same can be said for ROB. If an MK uses Dimensional Cape a bit too often, and we can get a read on it, you're eating a grab->D-throw combo at low percents, Grab->U-throw at high percents, ballsy U-smash that will KO MK at some pretty lowish percents, or even a Rotor Arm (basically starting it up just before you land, near where we think you're going to land and then scoot over in enough time to get a few weak hits in followed by the strong hit).

• You guys are super hard to gimp, IMO, due to your various recovery options... so, we'll mostly be just harassing you with lasers & gyros while offstage. Perhaps sneaking out a tiny bit to bait something and look for aerial harassment/KO, or potentially a spike if you goof.

• You can harass us pretty well. While you're not exceptionally aerial mobile (horizontally speaking), neither is ROB. So, if you can catch us starting our up+, or in our up+B before we cancel it, you can harass us quite well. This can result in a gimp, outright KO, or just delicious chip-damage.
TL;DR: ROB can zone MK really well via projectiles/tilts/retreating aerials, and also has some solid aerial options when on the offensive. He can get combo'd somewhat decently by MK (unless there's some stuff I don't know about, which is certainly possible), but will live a pretty long time. MK will need to KO ROB early by getting an up+B kill, or edgeguarding to eliminate the stock or, to rack up lots of chip damage to make getting a raw KO easier. ROB will be looking for D-smash, U-smash, U-throw, and even F-smash and Side B kills. I feel your "I can die now" range in this MU is around 80%, with tons more options opening up around the 110% range. We're no slouch in the combo/string department in this MU either, due to your not so great range & lack of horizontal mobility.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I wish I could make judgements about Unknown's recent set with Tantalus, but I think we've established a firm opinion on Unknown until he starts applying Meta Knight's fundamentals.
Im gonna be honest I don't watch Unknowns MK anymore lol. Welp its ashame MK loses this MU that badly, although the input we got here are from mains who dont play good MKs often so its not reliable to extent. Does the player that beep booped Kata have an account here????

Also @Ito what do you think of this MU?

Edit: I tagged the wrong ito...smh

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
@Syde7 Our Mach Tornado does 18-22%. Also, Dimensional Cape without the attack is very hard to punish due to the mobility and invincibility frames associated with it.

I'm still not convinced about this match up. I feel a lot of people are giving guesses based on old preconceptions of how Meta Knight plays.

@ Mister Eric Mister Eric

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
@ Ulevo Ulevo

I really have very little difficulty in punishing a dimensional cape done w/o the attack, as long as I feel I have a decent read on where they'll wind up. If they do a good job of mixing it up, then yeah... its really hard to punish due to the exact reasons you mentioned. But, everyone tends to have some form of habit.

If you're speaking about Mach tornado as a way to punish successful baits or aerial reads or what have you, yes, I agree its a good punish in terms of damage. TBQH, I didn't mean to overlook that in my notes above, it was on my mind, but something else popped into it, and I forgot to express it. Thanks for reminding me. That being said, I don't really fear it as a punish that can KO me. I think that it can set-up for an up+B (not sure, please let me know), but I don't feel its guaranteed.

Also, I agree with you in that I don't think MK loses the MU as badly as some of the folks have said. I think the MU is slightly in ROB's favor. I'm not saying ROB poops on MK, but I honestly don't think its in MKs favor; 50:50 at absolute best for MK, and 40:60 at worst; somewhat stage dependent.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
lol that guy ito took some of my points on the smashboards player rankings list because some tos thought he was me

mk and rob are about as good as eachother as characters so it seems pretty even to me. try and jump over stuff and fastfall to walkup a short distance to dtilt on his shield. just dont go on tilt and dash attack his shield a lot because its really easy for that to happen vs characters with a decent projectile, especially as mk.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@ Katakiri Katakiri and I are about equal level players.
And we go stupidly back and forth in matches. We hardly ever have a set that isn't game 3 or game 5.
MK is rly good vs rob off stage.
ROB is an easy nado target, but nado is weak and easy to disrupt. So if the MK is rly good at mixing up nados, it can work out and you eat about 20%.
ROB can harrass MK with gyro pretty well. I rly like having a gyro in my hand for out of shield options.
MK being short is a + in this MU.
ROB has a lot of quick moves like jab and dtilt and up tilt. Even fair. Use these to rack damage and box him out.
I get most of my kills on katakiri by grabs and punishing dodge reads with up and dsmash.
These are just some random quick notes. I think the MU is 50:50 atm. Hope this helps!
ROB seems to fall into combos that end with the sweet spot of MK's up+b, but either:
A.) I haven't figured out how to DI it (maybe it's dependent where he initially connects with the up b)
B.) This just simply happens to a lot of ppl.
C.) ROB is just unlucky and is highly combo-able bc of his big booty.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
It seems like Gyro can harass MK pretty well. I would also like to recall that MK's edge guarding is great, but against characters who have high recoveries, like R.O.B, it's pretty tough.

I would say more but it's pretty much what everyone else said...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It seems like Gyro can harass MK pretty well. I would also like to recall that MK's edge guarding is great, but against characters who have high recoveries, like R.O.B, it's pretty tough.

I would say more but it's pretty much what everyone else said...
What exactly stops Meta Knight from harassing ROB offstage until he has no fuel left?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
N-air and F-air.
Neither of which work great if ROB is in a situation where he has to use Robo Burner to recover
(ie below the ledge). MK dair can easily interrupt nair in that situation due to its speed. ROB uair is a concern
but Meta Knight's multiple jumps let him bait.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Neither of which work great if ROB is in a situation where he has to use Robo Burner to recover
(ie below the ledge). MK dair can easily interrupt nair in that situation due to its speed. ROB uair is a concern
Nair would work, especially since it has the start up. Rising nair can really mess with people, but it doesn't really matter if it's expected.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Have you even played the MU let alone MK?

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Quick question regarding this match-up.

What should I do to R.O.B players who constantly attempt to plank on the ledge with uairs?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Quick question regarding this match-up.

What should I do to R.O.B players who constantly attempt to plank on the ledge with uairs?
Can't you simply run off stage and bair? Also Jab stops characters from dropping off the ledge before jumping back up and use Uair.

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Can't you simply run off stage and bair? Also Jab stops characters from dropping off the ledge before jumping back up and use Uair.
I'll try it out. I only ask this because there's a R.O.B in my scene who makes a killing off of just planking with uairs on the ledge and I wanted to find a way around it. Thanks for the help.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I was speaking with Seibrik about this MU yesterday and, while I feel MK does nasty things to R.O.B., he has been using Mario for 8-Bitman. I'll postpone my judgment of it, but then again the last time that I said I would was vs. ZSS and I still haven't played Nick Riddle without Diddy haha.

Twisted_Jokerr

Smash Cadet
My first Tournement match ever was against a R.O.B. player named Floppeh. He have me the third most demeaning match I've ever had. I felt helpless and cornered, even though he was on the other side of the stage.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Tyrant beat 8bitman at paragon. his MK is better than Sebriks in every aspect, my thoughts on the MU has changed. Also got input from holynightmare and he stated

"Actually i think metaknight wins this MU now, if your fighting a metaknight that can uair combo into no skill up b he wins". Allthe top mks are getting better at abusing uair combos at high level, katakiri is also following this trend.

I'll just say its in mks favor for now, he's big and floaty 2 very poor attreibutes to use against mk. More input will be added once the board decides to redo this MU. Even before uair combos were being refined some of the robs such as mr eric who faced good mks called it even.

Last edited:

Twisted_Jokerr

Smash Cadet
Tyrant beat 8bitman at paragon. his MK is better than Sebriks in every aspect, my thoughts on the MU has changed. Also got input from holynightmare and he stated

"Actually i think metaknight wins this MU now, if your fighting a metaknight that can uair combo into no skill up b he wins". Allthe top mks are getting better at abusing uair combos at high level, katakiri is also following this trend.

I'll just say its in mks favor for now, he's big and floaty 2 very poor attreibutes to use against mk. More input will be added once the board decides to redo this MU. Even before uair combos were being refined some of the robs such as mr eric who faced good mks called it even.
its about knowing which dash attack HB to use and being on point every time

warionumbah2

Smash Master
MUs tend to be based on high or top level play, ito, salena and tyrant are very consistent on their punish game. Ito especially, I don't know how tyrant vs 8bitman went as it wasn't on stream but im positive tyrant abused robs huge hurtbox and floaty nature unlike seibrik who doesn't even know the uair combo percents.

Twisted_Jokerr

Smash Cadet
MUs tend to be based on high or top level play, ito, salena and tyrant are very consistent on their punish game. Ito especially, I don't know how tyrant vs 8bitman went as it wasn't on stream but im positive tyrant abused robs huge hurtbox and floaty nature unlike seibrik who doesn't even know the uair combo percents.
So basically, a good meta knight knows his b&b. A great Meta Knight knows how to U-air kill. A fantastic Meta Knight knows the kill percents. The best know the kill percents, spacing for certain hitboxes and are always on point with their punish game.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I know the uair percents but im not fantastic, there's other factors as to why tyrant is much better than sebrik. From exp all the way down to fundamentals and results. There's clearly a power gap between the top mks and the rest.

Twisted_Jokerr

Smash Cadet
I know the uair percents but im not fantastic, there's other factors as to why tyrant is much better than sebrik. From exp all the way down to fundamentals and results. There's clearly a power gap between the top mks and the rest.
im curious to see your meta knight in action, now. do you have any recorded videos of yourself?

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Executing combos is the easy part on mk. The hard part is effectively using your tools at neutral. Perfect pivoting and foxtrot/stutterstep tech is the future of top level mk play.

SpoilerULose

Smash Rookie
I agree with Bonk on this MU. I attend a weekly tournament which has two Rob Mains and it is really tough against R.O.B as MK. One of the R.O.B mains also plays Marth and Tink but always chooses ROB vs MK. The other one also plays Mewtwo but same again will go for ROB vs MK.

Why I think ROB wins this MU:
ROB is stronger than us and kills us much earlier.
ROB has projectiles and forces us to approach (we rely on bait and punish but with projectiles eh...)
ROB is heavier and dies later than we do.
ROB's combos are easier to perform and don't require frame perfect inputs or much precision
ROB kills us much earlier with throw on top platforms. (In other words his kill throw is better).
Our recovery is good but Rob can recover from anywhere.
ROB can spike us and unless you haven't burned any jumps - Good luck.
ROB's laser kills us pretty good when charged and can be difficult to avoid.
ROB out ranges us even in the air and in close quarters
ROB has faster frame data in close quarters on the ground
ROB Uair has great range, multi hits, kills and true combos from throws and true combo kills from throws lol. Also catches air dodges without momentum.
ROB doesn't have much trouble landing vs us as his Dair beats our Uair and we have to predict and give plenty of room for it
We also only have one good shot at getting the Uair to death combo and it is DI dependant and frame perfect. Also % / Rage specific.
Tournament players know how to DI/SDI out of MK's combos. Especially Uair to D.
His smash attacks are laggy but they won't need or use them.
His dash attack is laggy but he doesn't need to DA us like ever.

I'm not saying it is hopeless but heh. Last time I played a ROB I found controlling the Gyro useful but you can't attack while holding it. Also out B moves can't be relied on at all while holding it. ROBs have tons of experience of players throwing their own Gyro at them. We also can't pick it up with DA until it loses momentum. Shielding the Gyro destroys it but they can make a new one immediately. Which is like getting punished for doing the right thing. The gyro also stops us from dashing in as well. Which is just uh... Great. You can throw it up but that will buy only you limited time. Also Z dropping the Gyro onto ROB and fast falling to grab him works because he has to shield and when he shield he gets grabbed. If he doesn't shield, free follow up anyway. Don't do it too much or he will air dodge etc just grab gyro eh. Plus any character can do that to him.
Hovering over ROB will get you Uaird. It is really hard to air dodge. You have to use momentum with the air dodge or get sucked into multi hits. His Uair also goes through some ledges so they can literally hide under some stages and hit you with it.
Also the last time I played tourney ROB in friendlies he tried to ledge camp me, if you run off behind him (putting yourself in a bad situation ) go for a stage spike assuming he wasted a lot of gas while camping the ledge. Which probably gained him some % on you or he would have stopped doing it sooner.

Edit: You have to think 3-4 steps ahead of ROB which requires reads which probably meant getting punished at some point which I feel puts this MU in his favour.

Last edited:

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Edgegaurding ROB isn't a walk in the park either. ROB has the ability to attack out of his recovery and he hits very hard. Try to bait out his aerials and then punish with a N-air or B-air. Sending him as far away from the ledge as possible is key because you've gotta make him waste that gas tank.

This is a matchup where somebody could get timed out. His wall puts a lot of pressure on MK. Just play smart and stay calm.
For a character that's so easy to combo, but is very hard to get in on, I'm gonna give this a 30:70 in :4rob: 's favor.
Hey guys Baroness here, wanted to throw give you some input with New England having a couple noteworthy ROBs, those being Raffi-X and Sage. First I'd like to say that Bonk makes some very valid points about the matchup in regards to how it can be hard to apply pressure but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it goes 30:70 in his favor. I would like to even counter that argument saying it is 50:50 when played optimally and when both players are of even skill. Should either player be less skilled or unfamiliar with the matchup I could see it going 45:55 in either characters favor.

First and foremost when metaknight is at 70%+ (sometimes as early as 50% depending on enemy fall speed/weight) our up air strings become a bit easier to pull off (think close to pre-patch) and should always be kept in mind when fighting characters with a large booty (ROB/DK/Ganon) regardless of how good their SDI is. I'll try to dig up some videos of my games with both of those noted players or play some games with them tomorrow at our weekly.

As for approaching, powershielding is our best friend and should really be utilized to its fullest in this matchup. While gyro can be annoying to deal with we can put ourselves in his immediate space and either stuff it with shield (with powershield and propper spacing we can either immediately punish with an option select OOS or dash/grab into follow up.)

Things to note about this matchup while ROB is above us he can create safe space with either Nair or Dair, but there really is nothing he can do against our up-tilt if we space it right. While his Dair will beat out upsmash the length of our uptilt will always stuff it during its startup and potentially lead into up air strings. With 50% on board we can start an up air combo around 45-60% (being lenient here, I'll come back with exact numbers).

Off stage SHOULD be where we shine, and while ROB does do a good job at counterattacking we can always outspace his fair with ours. Rob can however snuff our attempts if he recovers low with up-airs. Grabbing ledge and dropping through him with an air dodge during his upair can safely be followed up with a bair at kill percent or nair, setting him up for a wall spike if they aren't ready for the incoming tech.

With all the positive aside we do struggle being a fast faller and will die off the top to beep boop really easily, even the tombstone on stages with platforms. Battlefield, while usually bad for us can actually shine in the MU since it makes our game more off stage focused instead of the usual off the top.

Again, I'll really try to come back with some videos of the MU because I really do believe it's even.

Last edited:

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
https://www.twitch.tv/underworldgamez/v/84014238?t=04h09m23s

Here's a 4 game set of friendlies between Sage and myself. I'm bottom left he's bottom right if you need to put a face to the name.

We both win two games and although there are many technical errors on both of our parts I think it's a good showcase of how the match up can go either way in our favor. Tried to remember what I wrote in my earlier post to showcase it's validity but there was some autopilot involved. Try to take from it what you can.

For frame of reference Sage took 2nd in bracket with only 46 people tonight, a small turnout but much talent none the less. If you need a scope of skill levels my most recent regional was 33rd out of 260, and notable victories include Pugwest, Ling Ling, and Light. Sage doesn't travel but places top 5 most every bracket in CT and top 12 when he travels OOS to MA. Maybe some of the ROB mains in here care to evaluate his play?

Sorry for the ****show in friendlies, I'll hope to get you all some bracket matches eventually.

@Twiranitar Bonk! Bonk! Twisted_Jokerr Twisted_Jokerr ItoI6 ItoI6 meleebrawler meleebrawler

Last edited:

Geese

Smash Cadet
I feel like this MU is decided largely by the chosen stage. Like with all characters who use projectiles to wall people out, the less platforms and the bugger the stage the better. It also largely depends on whether the play knows about the basic things to do against a ROB like throwing the top up so they can't use another one until it dissapears and whether they can consistently perfect shield projectiles. Once you get past ROB's wall he has a lot of trouble getting you back out and him having an ideal fall speed and enough weight to allow for the UAir chains to go at higher percents, on most stages I would say this MU is MK favored, due to his speed and mobility to get around the projectiles.

Top Bottom