• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Ledge Cancel

Guide Meta Knight Ledge Cancel

Spar10

Smash Rookie
Spar10 submitted a new guide:

Meta Knight Ledge Cancel - The hardest thing to master in the whole game

Basically Meta Knight's down b can ledge cancel if it's pixel perfect I've just discovered this recently and I'm trying to get the word out there

Basically my way of doing it is short hopping them using down B while going at a slightly tilted angel upwards then using down B again back to the ledge

In my opinion this is very difficult and risky to pull off in a match due to its difficulty and micro spacing so I'm gonna practice hard and see if I can master it and make it another viable...
Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

Twiranitar

Smash Cadet
So we CAN edge-cancel DCape, after all. What is the benefit of this tech? If you are trying to master the "hardest tech in Smash 4" (you said it, not me) it should have some ground-breaking and consistent reward to justify the time spent practicing it.

Spar10

Smash Rookie
The main benefit that I see is the additional option this gives MK I see it as a way to punish someone who is camping ledge against you and stay safe, since this is the most affective strategy against MK I see this as a game changer and the reason I said this was the hardest tech is because if you mess up its basically a SD and requires more micro spacing than Marth, this could have no other applications than the approach approach I mentioned but it's just my opinion that it's the hardest tech

Spar10

Smash Rookie
So we CAN edge-cancel DCape, after all. What is the benefit of this tech? If you are trying to master the "hardest tech in Smash 4" (you said it, not me) it should have some ground-breaking and consistent reward to justify the time spent practicing it.
The main benefit that I see is the additional option this gives MK I see it as a way to punish someone who is camping ledge against you and stay safe, since this is the most affective strategy against MK I see this as a game changer and the reason I said this was the hardest tech is because if you mess up itsbasically a SD and requires more micro spacing than Marth, this could have no other applications than the approach approach I mentioned but it's just myopinion that it's the hardest tech

Huron

Smash Rookie
hmm..the only issue i see with his becoming even a semi-viable option is that it has a huge amount of lag before it cancels, which seems like more than enough time to punish. If it were something like Mewtwo's Telecancel i could it being used more but it seem way too risky what with the lag, free fall, and extreme micro spacing. Good find though, i was thinking something like this was possible but I've never performed it.

Spar10

Smash Rookie
hmm..the only issue i see with his becoming even a semi-viable option is that it has a huge amount of lag before it cancels, which seems like more than enough time to punish. If it were something like Mewtwo's Telecancel i could it being used more but it seem way too risky what with the lag, free fall, and extreme micro spacing. Good find though, i was thinking something like this was possible but I've never performed it.
Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom