• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Guide/Showcase by UA | Jbandrew!

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

This is UA | Jbandrew aka LoF Jbandrew. Some of you may or may not know me but I've been playing Smash competitively for about 7 years and am one of the Co-Founders of Leap of Faith alongside NAKAT. I have results from both Brawl back in the day and now in Smash 4 am one of the most dominant players in TX.

I will leave this video here for you guys to watch, I really hope you enjoy it.

Please take a look & like, subscribe, and comment if you enjoyed it ^_^

- UA | Jbandrew

https://youtu.be/COHh7g3DnFg

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Hello everyone,

This is UA | Jbandrew aka LoF Jbandrew. Some of you may or may not know me but I've been playing Smash competitively for about 7 years and am one of the Co-Founders of Leap of Faith alongside NAKAT. I have results from both Brawl back in the day and now in Smash 4 am one of the most dominant players in TX.

I will leave this video here for you guys to watch, I really hope you enjoy it.

Please take a look & like, subscribe, and comment if you enjoyed it ^_^

- UA | Jbandrew

https://youtu.be/COHh7g3DnFg
There's a lot of stuff you didn't talk about at all, and I disagreed with a bit of what you said to do with matchups, we for sure win against mario and zss is probably our worst matchup. It's a solid introductory guide, but like, playing this linear just doesn't work at above average skill level, it gets to the point really where using upb as a damage racking move and staling it can really come back to haunt you when you end up having to kill with a uthrow because you've staled all your other ko moves. I wish you had talked about dash attack's different hitboxes, knowing that hitting with late dash attack means you can combo earlier and more reliably is... kinda important. Also there was no mention of bair jab lock combos but whatever heh

If I were to make a guide it would be like 2 hours long and cover absolutely every nuance and nobody would watch it

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I realize i forgot to mention the b-air lock. There will always be things that will slip the mind when recording these things on the spot. I rarely get to the point where i have to use uthrow bc I end up getting my u air string kills or kill with other moves like Fsmash or catch a landing with Usmash or get an edgeguard offstage. Matchup wise its all opinion and I dont follow these boards so its likely going to differ. I do agree that ZSS is harder than I mentioned but I also think that Mario is not an easy matchup at all. Regardless, opinions will be opinions and I'm not here to argue. You cant please everybody, hope you enjoyed the video.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
It's a solid introductory guide, but like, playing this linear just doesn't work at above average skill level,...

If I were to make a guide it would be like 2 hours long and cover absolutely every nuance and nobody would watch it
Look bro I don't know where this condescending tone about playing linear is coming from. I'm a top player writing a guide on a character I specialize in, I don't care if playing linear doesn't work for you, because it most definetely works for me. I play at a top level with the likes of Trela, MegaFox, Denti, Grim Turtle, Espy, & more. Don't try to school me on what works or doesn't work with my character. Follow my guide or not I'm showing people what works for me. I'm top 3 in the entire state of TX so please know who you're talking to, I know damn well what works and what doesn't work in "above average" play. Do your homework kid.

If you want to show how "crafty" & non-linear MetaKnight can be do your own guide.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Look bro I don't know where this condescending tone about playing linear is coming from. I'm a top player writing a guide on a character I specialize in, I don't care if playing linear doesn't work for you, because it most definetely works for me. I play at a top level with the likes of Trela, MegaFox, Denti, Grim Turtle, Espy, & more. Don't try to school me on what works or doesn't work with my character. Follow my guide or not I'm showing people what works for me. I'm top 3 in the entire state of TX so please know who you're talking to, I know damn well what works and what doesn't work in "above average" play. Do your homework kid.

If you want to show how "crafty" & non-linear MetaKnight can be do your own guide.
Bruh I wasn't commenting on you, I was commenting on your guide rofl. The only person being condescending here is you.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
My apologies just felt like you were attacking my guide. I still see Meta Knight as a linear character, there doesn't really seem to be too many crafty or tricky things he can do in neutral that are effective.

My opinion though

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
One thing I noticed was that you kept holding onto "30-40" for every character when this simply isn't the case. On :rosalina: for example, the combo stops being working before 30% (it might work with utilt, but I'm too lazy to check). Heavier characters like :4dedede: (not exactly super relevant but) don't work until high-30s up to low-50s, unless of course you use the tip/toe of DA which you ignored and said not to use because it doesn't cross-up when in fact it kills earlier than the back/heel so it does have some merit. While you are correct that most of the cast can be KOd starting around 30-40, for some characters it is simply impossible; most that lie outside this range are below 30% are lighter characters like :rosalina:, :4kirby:, :4peach:, :4pikachu:, :4tlink:, & :4luigi:, just to name a few. (Some of these dip into the low-30s, but majority of their working percents are below.)

Last edited:

Twisted Jokerr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4442-1237-4201
Jband i love your MK and how much work you've put into him. i hope to meet you at a national or regional tourney. You're a beast and a bro.

Top Bottom