• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

meta knight counter and ban stages

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
anyone know what are good stages to counter with meta knight?
i like picking halberd cuz it's small and i can get a lot of kills of the side. also projectile spammers cant spam as much (when your flying through the air).

i'd ban FD against chars with projectiles though.

post with any other bans or good counterpick stages. also give reasons for why stage is banned/countered.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Your thread is more general, Tru=. I like that this one is more specific. In tournaments, in common for a players to get to ban one (and sometimes two) stages from the list of available stages.

I'd say any small stage with platforms is where MK feels most at home. Smashville and Battlefield are great examples.

I'd personally ban Luigi's Mansion if it's in the counterpick stages. It's really wide, like FD, and can give some projectile spammers advantages over you. Particularly the space animals.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
oh yea, i saw your thread tru, the reason i started this one is because i wanted an immediate discussion on good stages because i have another tournamnet today and i'm hoping to win :D lol. your thread had only final d up so far and i couldnt wwait lol. so tru if you have any more ideas on stages could you post them here?
lonely traveler- i agree with you on those stages. actually a diddy kong main countered with luigis mansion on me, i used the platform above me (while the house is still intact) and just kept using mach tornado. he kept hitting up and down on it and into the floor XD. i racked up a lot of damage with that.

anyone else have some more ideas? what to ban against strong players like marth, and ike?
also a ban for zelda and a counter for all those characters.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
For me, Battlefield is GOD. Its really simple to avoid blaster spams(duh), and there is a shorter field to work with, making chaingrabbing and EG easier. However, FD is fine for me if im fighting a melee character. Ill say this, on FD, I have NEVER lost to a Melee (cept Marth and YL) character due to the just easy MT they give me with their obvious attacks.

D

Deleted member

yeah i started out w/just fd,but then i was going to start three to four at a time.i just wanted to peak everyones interest first =0

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
If you wanna make a meta player mad just pick mushroomy kingdom. Goodness, Meta's requirement to stay in motion constantly is inhibited by the side scrolling and walls!

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^
-___- mushroomy kingdom is banned lol. (whether you were joking or not i couldnt tell lol)

i actually found lylat cruise to be a great counterpick stage, especially against dedede. i countered with it at a tournament yesterday and it worked well. dedede couldnt camp me on the stage and it was small so i could get him off the stage quickly and keep pressuring him.

TheHoustonKid

Smash Rookie
Snakes map is really good for me at least... Snake Moss Island i think... but w/e....

Reason:
While it is a map that spans across the whole screen there are 2 walls which are excellent for cornering an opponent and racking up alot of damage using A. It works best with teams because your ally can keep you other opponent occupied while you cheap shot your other friend/computer

As for moving stages... what about Diddy's Map that scrolls upwards. It does present the same problem as Mushroomy Kingdom but is more of a disadvantage for opponents who don't have the mobility of MK and arn't as good at going vertical

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
@TheHouston - Yeah, I was playing against my friend's Ike on Shadow Moses Island and was able to combo him about 6 or 7 times at one point, just by bouncing him from the walls.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I have a pretty nice video of me versus Lucas in Shadow Moses in my thread titled "More MK vids!". It was a fun fight and shows how well the walls work to MK's advantage.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
I actually didn't like Shadow Moss island. I did many combos and the other players couldn't escape but it was hard to KO someone even with high percentage since the walls would save them. Nonetheless, it was better than most stage.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i agree with everyone about how you can combo really well but i still ddont like the stage because you can't carry people off of the stage and get a nice edeguard. i really wouldn't pick stages with walk offs for him. that's just me though, everyone has their own opinion. doesn't matter to me though cuz shadow moses is banned at the weekly tourneys i got to... >___> lol

MLG Masa

Smash Cadet
Shadow moses is probably the hardest stage for MK because most of MK's KO potential is left and right.

Top Bottom