• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Banned?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyDMG

Smash Rookie
I have just registered on this forum and recently found out Meta Knight is banned from official tournament play!

Why would they ban him?

Well, in the tier list he does have his own... tier, I think you call it? Labeled SS. He is very powerful, but not unbeatable. He can exploit almost every weakness of almost every character. So what? Why ban Meta Knight from serious tournament play? Because some horrible people out there called him "Broken". A better word for this would be "OP" or "Overpowered". But that still does not answer my question. Meta Knight is the best character in the entire SSBB universe. But he is not unbeatable. Many players can beat Meta Knight if they are good enough at the game to beat him. It is not very reasonable to ban him from the game just because he is "Overpowered" but not unbeatable.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Banning Meta Knight is an individual decision made by each Tournament Organizer.
So, he's not "officially" banned.

SyDMG

Smash Rookie
hmm, i guess so. but my secondary character is link, in case meta knight is banned and because it's just fun playing as two characters.

Also... the first time I looked on the wiki on Tournament Legal, I just skimmed over it. But I looked at it again and I saw it was, umh... an optional rule... to ban meta knight. Also some universally banned stages. wait a second... NOT SOME... oh god, when I start my tournament... OH GEEZ... so many banned stages...

I will post the outcome of the tournament...

Also I see you also play meta knight.

wasted all that time writing that thread... :crazy::facepalm:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Don't ever trust the wiki. Like, EVER.
But to be fair, the presence of Meta Knight alone is a good reason to ban many stages. Without him, the list spreads A LOT.
And yes, I play MK, that's the reason why I watch over this board ;)

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
Yeah, I mean, some people are all "Of course you play as MK, he's the cheapest character in the game." And some tournaments ban :metaknight:because the best :metaknight:'s are basically unbeatable.
But I think you should play as whoever you want if you find that character fun. For example, I really enjoy playing as :lucas:, even though he's low tier.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mean, some people are all "Of course you play as MK, he's the cheapest character in the game." And some tournaments ban :metaknight:because the best :metaknight:'s are basically unbeatable.
But I think you should play as whoever you want if you find that character fun. For example, I really enjoy playing as :lucas:, even though he's low tier.
I'm not sure why anybody would think that Lucas is low tier. Lucas is way better than Ness in Brawl and has quick enough moves to be a high tier. If only PK Thunder wasn't so easy to gimp... :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He's mid imo. Lower mid, but still mid.

He just gets abused hard from a grab, and shield beats basically every option he has. His grab isn't even too good to be threatening.

So, stay out of his Fsmash range and be prepared to shield or avoid his PK Fire or Grab respectively, and you're good to go.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
He's mid imo. Lower mid, but still mid.

He just gets abused hard from a grab, and shield beats basically every option he has. His grab isn't even too good to be threatening.

So, stay out of his Fsmash range and be prepared to shield or avoid his PK Fire or Grab respectively, and you're good to go.
But what about his quick aerial moves?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
His only good aerials are Nair and Dair.
Dair can be escaped from by holding up (not even SDI'ing), and gets beaten by just shielding. Shield actually ouright beats any option besides nair which can shieldpoke. BUT, Nair is not really dangerous. Annoying, yes, but very low damage and no realistic killpower.

That being said, just by keeping yourself at this "outside of Fsmash range" position, his aerial approaches get obvious.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
His only good aerials are Nair and Dair.
Dair can be escaped from by holding up (not even SDI'ing), and gets beaten by just shielding. Shield actually ouright beats any option besides nair which can shieldpoke. BUT, Nair is not really dangerous. Annoying, yes, but very low damage and no realistic killpower.

That being said, just by keeping yourself at this "outside of Fsmash range" position, his aerial approaches get obvious.
How about his tilts and dash attack?
And specials?

Waddle!

Smash Rookie
Ah yes, the MK ban. We don't have to worry about that anymore since Brawl is dead now, I mean there is a Brawl discord server but it's the least active out of all the Smash discords ( I think. )

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While Meta Knight isn't banned, necroposting old threads for no reason is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom