• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight: A lively and entertaining guide...

Guide Meta Knight: A lively and entertaining guide...

DawnClutch

Smash Cadet
To the Project M community,

It's finally here! After almost a year of writing, quitting, and re-writing, my Meta Knight guide is complete and available to download as you are reading this!

I have a few important things I'd like everyone to read before downloading this guide:

This guide is a community collaboration—this is just the beginning. I have given everyone the resources and tools to understand Meta Knight at a technical level, but it's up to you guys to apply what you learn, and provide feedback on how Meta Knight's meta develops over the course of these next few years. I have provided somewhat useful information concerning match-ups I, and other players believe to be accurate. But there's always more that could be said, and because of that, the matchup section of my guide isn't 100% complete and probably never will be. It will be ever-changing as players learn to use Meta Knight in certain match-ups, and other players learn how to fight against Meta Knight. I will continue to work on match-ups, and this guide in the coming years as the meta evolves.

This guide, currently, is not at a complete enough state to be bound in a physical book yet. I would like it to be a bit more complete with more information regarding match-ups before I decide to bind it in a physical book. Stay tuned for more details regarding the physical copy. As for now, I hope you guys enjoy this guide, and may victory be your destiny.

Future updates:
  • Meta Knight in doubles
  • Complete match-up write-ups
  • Edge-Canceled IDC write-up
Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3qgpCf162UTVHZEN1FER0hxY00

Best viewed on Adobe Reader, Preview, or your favorite PDF viewer. Can also be downloaded to your portable tablet and imported into iBooks.

This guide was written for the entire community. I want everyone to be able to have access to this guide, and will continue to let everyone have free access to this guide.
With all that said, this guide took a lot of work, and I welcome any donations to show your support. Donators will be shown on a special list in future updates to this guide. Anyone else can show their support by simply downloading the guide and reading it; there is no greater support than that.

https://www.paypal.me/dawnclutch

Thank you, and best wishes,
Dawn

Last edited:

Phubs

Smash Cadet
I read through about half of it and the guide is looking great! A couple of suggestions I have for future additions:
-Find Pages 12-13
-Add IASA/L-Cancel data to the frame data on each of the moves
-Maybe get a higher resolution photo for the black page thing between sections
-Dimensional Cape info -> the full move has 3 parts to it while you are invisible, I don't believe you addressed this at all; The star that appears midway through the move actually kinda means something

But yeah it looks great, I can't wait to finish reading through it and I'll update with any other ideas I have

DawnClutch

Smash Cadet
I read through about half of it and the guide is looking great! A couple of suggestions I have for future additions:
-Find Pages 12-13
-Add IASA/L-Cancel data to the frame data on each of the moves
-Maybe get a higher resolution photo for the black page thing between sections
-Dimensional Cape info -> the full move has 3 parts to it while you are invisible, I don't believe you addressed this at all; The star that appears midway through the move actually kinda means something

But yeah it looks great, I can't wait to finish reading through it and I'll update with any other ideas I have
Glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for the feedback and I'll definitely take it all into consideration in the next update. There will be some missing pages do to me working on things that aren't quite ready yet, so I took those pages out, but they're still there. If that makes any sense at all. Thanks for reading it!

Kneato

Totoro Joe
I want to say thanks Dawn for putting so much time and work in. This was a great guide. I'm trying to leave Roy to pick up MK and this has been a huge help in getting started. Thanks again!

Top Bottom