• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowstic (Pokémon X and Y) for Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Do you want Meowstic in Smash?

• Total voters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
MEOWSTIC (POKÉMON X & Y) FOR SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE

WHO IS MEOWSTIC?

Meowstic (or Nyaonix in Japanese) is Pokémon #678, first appearing in the 3DS Game, Pokémon X and Y in 2013. It's a cat-like Pokémon known for it's Psychic type abilities as well as notable differences between the two genders. The male ones have a blue coat of fur and focus more on supportive moves, while the female's fur is more white and focuses more on offensive moves.
Female Meowstic
Male Meowstic

Their main source of their psychic energy comers from an organ in their ears. This energy is so powerful, that it could destroy a 10 ton truck. Because of this, they try to cover it up.

WHY SHOULD THEY BE IN SMASH?
The gender mechanic is a notable part of the Pokémon franchise ever since it was introduced in Generation 2, thanks to this, Pokémon could now breed and some Pokémon even looked different depending on which gender they were. Sure, most differences are minor, such as Female Pikachu having a heart shaped tail, and male Garchomps having slightly different fins compared to the female ones, But some like Meowstic, alongside others like Jellicent, Unfezant, and Pyroar look drasticly different compared to each gender. And assuming we have Pichu representing baby Pokémon, Mewtwo representing Legendary Pokémon, and Pokémon Trainer and Greninja (And Possibly Incineroar) representing Starter Pokémon, why not have a representation of Pokémon with gender differences?

As for Meowstic's popularity and reception, it's actually very well received (at least in Japan). A Pokémon popularity poll conducted in 2016, placed Meowstic at number 119 out of 720 Pokémon. Ranking higher than Pokémon such as Charmander, Psyduck, and all of the final evolutions of the Gen 2 and Gen 5 starters.

MEWTWO IS ALREADY A PSYCHIC TYPE. WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER ONE?
In my opinion, it's not about what type the Pokémon is (Greninja and Squirtle are both water types), it's about what the Pokémon can bring to the table. And in my opinion, I think Meowstic can bring some pretty fun stuff to Smash

GEN 6 ALREADY HAS A REP, WHY HAVE ANOTHER ONE?
While yes, Gen 6 is already repped by Greninja, who says that each Generation can have only one Pokémon in Smash? Gen 1 Has 6 of them already with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. I don't think that's an official rule. Sure, it's unlikely for Gen 6 to get another rep, but it's not entirely impossible.

ASSUMING THE GENDERS HAVE DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS, SHOULDN'T THEY BE SEPARATE FIGHTERS? WOULD'NT THAT BE A BIT MUCH?
Not really, I see them being an Ice Climbers type combo where you control one of the Meowstic, while the AI controls the other one. If you ask me, I don't really think that's too much...

POSSIBLE MOVESET 1 (WORK IN PROGRESS)
The Meowstic (note whenever I say "The Meowstic", It's plural) will work much like the Ice Climbers, being a two person combo, as that is how they are usually portrayed in media such as the Anime. You will be controlling Female Meowstic, while the AI takes control of male Meowstic. You won't lose a stock if Male Meowstic is defeated, but If Female Meowstic is defeated, you will.

Side Smash: Both Meowstic preform a formal slap

Up Smash: Both Meowstic preform an upward kick similar to fox's up smash

Down Smash: Both Meowstic swing their tail from side to side.

Neutral Special: Psybeam Hold down the B button to charge the attack. Hit B again to release a powerful beam of psychic energy from Meowstic's ears that can take up about half the screen. The closer the opponent is to the start of the beam, the more damage they take.

Side Special: Disarming Voice Male Meowstic lets out a cry and releases a sound wave. If the sound wave hits an opponent, they will take damage, alongside lowering their attack power and speed for about 10 to 15 seconds. The sound wave cannot be pocketed or reflected. If Male Meowstic is defeated and you use this move, Female Meowstic will use it instead, with slightly less damage and the stat lowering effect is decreased.

Up Special: Scratch The Meowstic will lunge forward in the direction you choose, with a fury of scratches (This very similar to Fox's Up Special, just instead of Fire effects, there are multi hit scratches)

Down Special: Future Sight
If used on an opponent who is attacking, Female Meowstic will take one hit. However, after the hit, a bunch of Psychic energy attacks the opponent, causing 40% more damage that the attack that hit Female Meowstic.

Final Smash: Psyblast
Both Meowstic lift their ears to reveal their powerful psychic source, and then unleash a powerful wave of psychic energy at their opponents.

Victory Theme
Their Victory theme will be a snippet of the Pokémon Main them. This theme is already used for all of the other Pokémon in Smash

THEY SOUND INTERESTING, HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help in two ways:

1. Give me some recommendations on how I can update this page such as moveset ideas or some alternate costumes... (This thread still needs a bit of tweaking, so any help will be appreciated)

2. You can show your support for their Inclusion.
Either vote in the poll above with a yes, or comment below, saying that you support, and I will put you in the support list

MEOWSTIC'S SUPPORTERS
1. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
2. PeridotGX PeridotGX
3. RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11
4. Teeb147 Teeb147
5. Luminario Luminario
6. VexTheHex VexTheHex
7. @GothFluttershy
8. P.Kat P.Kat

Thanks for checking this thread out. this is still a work in progress and I hope to update it regularly...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
One of my faves for the gen. Never expected it to show up here though :)

I like psychic pokemon, so I think it'd be really cool in smash! Even if the chances are super low.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Espurr's one of my fave Gen 6 pokemon, so naturally I'm gonna love it's evo too.
I had an idea for what they could do if they were added to Pokken, where the female one is the main controllable fighter but the male floats around offscreen until it gets teleported in to support her, making it an unorthodox duo fighter. Maybe the same could be done for Smash?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it would be better just to make them into one fighter but with the two skins. Theyre not really a duo character that much?

Ness in earthbound doesn't have some of the abilities he does in smash, so it doesnt matter too much if they have a few moves that the other doesnt.

Could be a fun character(s) in whatever case :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think it would be better just to make them into one fighter but with the two skins. Theyre not really a duo character that much?

Ness in earthbound doesn't have some of the abilities he does in smash, so it doesnt matter too much if they have a few moves that the other doesnt.

Could be a fun character(s) in whatever case :)
The main reason I thought of them as a duo character, is because that is how they're often portrayed in the anime... And when it comes to Pokemon stuff in Smash, they usually take inspiration from the anime...
Also, they make a pretty cute couple

But yeah, I could possibly see them being one fighter...

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I love Espurr and Meowstic! I prefer the male's design greatly but like her quite a bit as well. (the fluff punching her in the face is odd) They're in my Top 50 easy out of all the pocket monsters.
Espurr Necklace.gif

Chespin In Love.gif

Meowstic Claws Out.gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello y'all, just came to say that I'm gonna be leaving the site.

As such, this thread needs a new owner.

Would any of y'all be interested?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hello y'all, just came to say that I'm gonna be leaving the site.

As such, this thread needs a new owner.

Would any of y'all be interested?
If you don't delete your account then you can just leave it around.

Plus, you never know, you might find yourself misssing the place at some point. ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmm... maybe...

But what if people wanna be added?
Either they wait for the day you come visit, or i guess someone could take over so long as the mods know you were looking to pass it over it should be no issue.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hmmm... okay...

So this whole time I didn't need to give my Reporter Thread to Dylly? Eh, that thing's in better hands now, anyways

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmm... okay...

So this whole time I didn't need to give my Reporter Thread to Dylly? Eh, that thing's in better hands now, anyways
Probably fine ;p
So long as you make a post about how you're willing to pass it over it should be good enough for someone to show it to a mod if they want to take over.
There's some cases where they might have to close this one to open a new one,, but that'd be the same whether it's now or later.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd like to see Meowstic in Smash so add me to the list. Also I made a moveset for them. It's only goes over their Special moves/Final Smashes but I think you'll enjoy it.
Meowstic would switch between it's male and female counterpart with no lag by using Shield+B. The female being the main attacker, while the male would create barriers that counter physical and projectile attacks, buff both of them and debuff the other fighters.

Using the Hidden Ability: Prankster , Male Meowstic can activate moves so fast that he can use two or more moves at the same time in one special. Like in the game, Meowstic like other Pokemon can raise their stats six times with a counter below their icon showing the number of stat boost (M)Meowstic has 'stored'.

Male Meowstic:
B - Calm Mind/Helping Hand/Fake Tears: Increases (Standard/Special) Attack, and (Special) Defense of both Meowstics until they respawn can be used more than once but using one after the other too quickly will increase your start/endlag.
Helping Hand has a 50% chance to greatly boost the attack of the next move. Fighters too close to them will suffer Fake Tears effects, and have their Shield weakened, and knockback and damage increased temporarily, but number of stat boost determines how long it lasts for.

Up B - Ally Switch/Safeguard/Zen Headbutt: Similar to Fire Fox but quicker, Startup has invincibility frames (Safeguard), deals additional stun damage. Holding B will switch male Meowstic with female Meowstic.

Side B - Psyshock/Thunder Wave: Range attack has a 10% chance to bypass Shields, and reflectors, does extra damage and knockback if it passes through Shield/reflectors. Hold B to also stun fighters to setup a follow-up attack.

Down B - Reflect/Light Screen/Rest: Counter physical attacks, and reflect projectiles, successful counters, and reflects will results in a quick resting animation recovering 10% health.

Female Meowstic:

(F)Meowstic has the ability infiltrator giving Meowstic a 15% chance to bypass Shields, and reflectors with her standard and Special Attacks.

B - Stored Power: You can use (M)Meowstic's buff to increase your attack or defense, and wreck fighters with powered standard/special moves, or unleash it as a devastating ball of energy, the greater your stats are raise the faster, and more damage/knockout Stored Power does, but your stat boost drops to zero. Did I forget to mention that Infiltrator also affects this move too? Oops.

Edit: Stored Power has a 100% chance of bypassing fighter's shield when when at Max stat boost.

Side B - Future Sight: acts like Zelda's Din's Fire, at six stat boost, Future Sight homes in on the fighters position and smites them with a pillar of light (takes as much time as Pikachu Thunder).

Down B - Dark Pulse: Create an orb of dark energy that knocks fighters away the higher the counter, the wider the radius, and the higher the chance to flinch fighters.

Up B - Helping Hand (M)Meowstic launches (F)Meowstic with telekinesis into fighters, the higher the counter, the longer the recovery, has a 10% chance of increasing their stats, and 5% chance of increasing the damage of the next move. Hold B to switch to (M)Meowstic.

Final Smash - Psychic: Their Psychic powers has enough force to grind a 10-ton truck to dust. Both Meowstics appear on the stage and reveal their eye-like patterns covered by their ears. A large radius of blue Psychic energy damages the fighters, any fighters at 100+ damage will fade away in a trail of ethereal dust and be instakilled.

Top Bottom