• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meloetta - the musical fighting psychic pokemon for Smash Ultimate! (or later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Note: This is a support thread that may be more to 'start' support, and be a placeholder for the future, by starting discussion on a potentially popular character (especially with more attention), rather than to predict any chances of this character being in smash ultimate. Not to say it couldn't be. it's all possible, especially with more recognition. This pokemon has not been very talked about for smash, and I wanted to provide a support page for her especially because she is a personal favorite of mine.

Meloetta for Smash

Meloetta is the rare mythical pokemon that's able to use two distinct forms (or stances), the first being a psychic special attacker, and can turn into its second form--a fighting type physical attacker--with a special song move she has. The first one is called Aria Forme , and the second is Pirouette Forme.

The idea of characters like Gardevoir being possible in smash made me realize that other interesting pokemon could be considered too for being playable. Meloetta's ability to be both a magic-like fighter as well as a straight up melee fighter that includes dancing inspired me a good amount, including imagining how she could fight in smash. She has potential and I think a lot of people might like her once they've seen more about her. She's just naturally cute and carries lots of potential (including as a fighter).

Imagine being able to change stance and be either fighting physically or using magic.
This could actually be very similar to Zelda and Sheik in past games, only the model wouldn't have to change quite as much, and there's also potential for having some same moves between the stances, maybe with different hitboxes and properties. It would depend on how much would be put into the character. She's shorter than Zelda and Sheik, which I like the idea about, and imagining them punching and kicking or making psychic attacks and other magical moves, it just seems right, good, and everyone could enjoy ideas for their inclusion I'm sure.

If you want to know more about this pokemon, you can check out this page:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Meloetta_(Pokemon)

Animated gifs from the Anime:
(note: I can put these in spoiler tags if that's better)

So how about it? You in it?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I would definitely support Meloetta, she was one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokémon, and having a stance change between song and dance would be wonderful..

Also to put the gifs in spoilers, you click on the drop down button to the right of the smiley face, then select spoiler, and put your gifs between the space like so [ SPOILER] "this is a spoiler" [/SPOILER ] but no spaces between the brackets like this [/SPOILER]. Hope that helps.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would definitely support Meloetta, she was one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokémon, and having a stance change between song and dance would be wonderful..

Also to put the gifs in spoilers, you click on the drop down button to the right of the smiley face, then select spoiler, and put your gifs between the space like so [ SPOILER] "this is a spoiler" [/SPOILER ] but no spaces between the brackets like this [/SPOILER]. Hope that helps.
Thank you.
I'll leave it as is for now and if someone sees a reason to put them in spoiler tags, let know.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played a Pokemon game since gen 4, but Meloetta has always been one of the later Pokemon that got my attention the most, for it's concept and design, so I'd actually rather enjoy it's inclusion as a fighter in Smash.

Luminario

Smash Lord
It was the perfect choice for a Zelda/Sheik character in Pokken, and I'm going to be annoyed about that until it gets added.
count me as a supporter. It's my favourite Gen 5 Pokemon and my favourite Mythical.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Cool! If we get a few more people who say that they want to support I could start listing supporters, in the first post.

I think Meloetta is actually pretty well liked. It's just too bad it wasn't more prominent in the games. But she was in the anime so maybe more people got to know her a bit more there.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
She hasn't show up as a Pokéball Pokémon as yet so she still has a chance.

Revan2005

Smash Rookie
I may be the only one to say this, but if we get a new Pokemon rep, I feel that it should be something that needs more rep, and by that I mean the spin-off series, namely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. One of the best series ever made, one of the most recognizable spin-off series that Nintendo has, and seeing that Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo’s big three series, and Dr. Mario and Toon Link both represent the Spin off series for Mario and Zelda, its about time that Pokemon get their own, and in my opinion, I believe that Darkria would be the best option. He would be the first true Pokemon villain (no Mewtwo does not count), is a highly popular pokemon, being the main surprise protagonist to Explorers of Time, Space, and Air (Spoilers) which did the best out of the four, and in my opinion, was the actual best, with the first and third being ok, but the fourth completely bombing, I just think that the second game would be the first out of the four to get rep in smash. ot only that, but he does have potential to be a Mewtwo eco fighter, or give him the Isabelle and Dr. Mario treatment, being a suedo-clone, both using physic attacks, shadowball, teleport, it wouldnt be that hard to implement, although he made need some physical frame rework overall. However, i do think he has a chance, and would be the first pokemon villain, if Pokemon was willing to put a villain into smash to begin with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom