• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Version Differences Master Compilation

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm not sure how to phrase this so don't nitpick please. Wasn't America one of the last countries to make slavery illegal?

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how to phrase this so don't nitpick please. Wasn't America one of the last countries to make slavery illegal?
Nah.

Hilariously enough, Owning a slave became strictly illegal in the UK on April 6th, 2010. It had been illegal to sell a person as a slave for quite a while, they had just never actually made the act of owning one illegal.

Also, Sweden doesn't have racism because they don't have people of different races. Calling a movie a "Black Comedy" means something completely different there.

Beat!

Smash Master
Also, Sweden doesn't have racism because they don't have people of different races.
I always wonder what goes through peoples' heads when they make flat-out incorrect statements like these, and make it sound like they're facts. I mean, everyone is wrong about something every once in a while, but this is just... wow.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
my copy of melee is 1.1 and (idk if it's a problem with the game disk) sometimes marth's up tilt looks strange, but it only happens in dreamland 64

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
@standardtoaster i just thought it was weird since i haven't seen that in tournament play, anyway it was just my bad luck then

V-K

Smash Ace
Impressive that Sakurai and his team were able to "balance" the game 1 year after the game was released in JPN and USA.
Although I don't really like the PAL changes, I mean they pretty much just nerfed all the top tiers that people play almost exclusevly anyway and the Ken Combo doesn't really work in PAL. :(

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Impressive that Sakurai and his team were able to "balance" the game 1 year after the game was released in JPN and USA.
Although I don't really like the PAL changes, I mean they pretty much just nerfed all the top tiers that people play almost exclusevly anyway and the Ken Combo doesn't really work in PAL. :(
Yeah but they also missed the mark a bit with some characters that didn't actually need nerfs, like Ganon's fair or Link's up-b semi spike.

Varist

Smash Lord
LOL I get on Smashboards for the first time in like 6 months and this thread is on the front page

based lovage necromancer

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I think you're missing the outcome of timing out in stock mode.

In version 1.0 NTSC, if there X amount of stocks remaining for each character, it will go to sudden death with X stocks.

In version 1.1 and 1.2 NTSC, if there are X amount of stocks remaining for each character, it will go to sudden death with 1 stock regardless.

I'm unsure about PAL, though, as Axe and I have only tested those 3 versions.

Varist

Smash Lord
@crush go to japan and find out for us i will hail you as a messiah of the community. i have a bathroom in my house that isnt being used i could put ur picture in there if u wanted me too not to be a creep tho

Thanks Okami, that's pretty interesting.

holy **** editing it once ruined the entire format

new smashboards why

why are there literally blank boxes

i used the collapse tags
why is new forums ****ing me

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
not 100% sure gut i guess sheik Upsmash tipper is a little stronger in NTSC( better knockback). Someone might test it with the pal and ntsc version

Top Bottom