• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Training Program

dauvid

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but smashboards seems like a good a place as any. I am a student of Computer Science, and I would like to put my skills to use in the community. I have an idea for a project that I myself would find beneficial, but I'm not sure about how feasible it is:

I would like to create a program (preferably being able to run alongside dolphin) that registers controller inputs. However, instead of just providing a view of the controller I would like to log the inputs as a means for training frame perfect movement. An example to demonstrate:

Ex. Multishine
- Program has knowledge of the framedata for a frame-perfect mulitshine
- User tries to shine->jump->shine
- Program provides feedback letting the user know offset (counted as #frames) from frame-perfect movement

This would provide a simpler way of training, reducing time to setup stuff in 20xx and also allowing the user to make it's own practice sequences (by providing the program with sequences of frame-perfect movement to practice on).

This was as easy of an example as I can think of, but provided I get this started, I'm certain there are many other use cases where this kind of a program would come in handy. I hope I explained myself clear enough, otherwise feel free to ask any questions.

What I'm lacking myself is experience working with input from the Wii U adapter. I was hoping someone could provide me with information regarding if there's some API available that I can hook up my program to. And if there's been similar work done before, feel free to point me in its direction.

Cheers,
David

Top Bottom