• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Melee] TOURNAMENT MODE - November 23rd, 2013 - Burnaby, BC.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I am pleased to announce the first in a circuit of SSBM tournaments within BC! The way this works is we will be having a set of tournaments for player points, once you earn enough you qualify for the BCPR Invitational! This invitational will be an 8-man* bracket with only the proven strongest players in British Columbia! The point system itself will be detailed closer to the start of the season. Get ready for some serious competition, If you want a spot in the invitational then you better be ready to show everyone what you're made of.
*Subject to change

Tournament Info:
Date: November 23rd, 2013
Time: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: 8888 University Dr., Burnaby, BC. [Maggie Benston Center, Simon Fraser University]
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 ($10 per team)
Venue fee: TBA
Payout: (60%/30%/10%)

Schedule:
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Friendlies, Setup, and Doubles Registration
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Melee Doubles Bracket and Singles Registration
5:00 pm - 10: pm: Melee Singles [draft crews if time permits/enough interest]
(Will do pools if time permits)
*Times are approx. and are subject to change.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

Singles Rules:
  • Items are set to off.
  • Pools/Bracket matches will be best 2/3
  • Winners/Losers/Grand Finals will be best 3/5
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stocks and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected (RPS).
  • Neutral Start: If elected.
  • DSR Modified: You may not counterpick to any stage you have won on
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the players will play out 1 stock, 0 percent, same characters and stage. Sudden Death is not to be played and will not count.
  • Stalling (Rising Pound stall, freeze glitch, wall bombing, etc) will result in a match forfeit.
  • Wobbling is Banned.
  • Hand warmers may not last longer than 30 seconds for any given set.
  • In the event that a bracket match is played early, IT DOES NOT COUNT. (Unless both players agree to consider it a proper set)
Additional Rules for Doubles:
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • Pause is set to OFF
  • If the game is paused accidentally[forgot to turn pause off] while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying "...DEFEATED" before pressing start, or turn pause off PRIOR to beginning the match.
Singles Stages:
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans
Doubles Stages:

Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Stage Bans
  • No bans in doubles!
Separate Rules:
Regarding behavior:
  • If I consider you problematic and disturbing the other players or hindering the progress of the tournament, I reserve the right to disqualify you from the tournament. Don't cause any unnecessary trouble, nobody benefits.
  • IF YOU LEAVE THE VENUE LET ME KNOW SO I DON'T DISQUALIFY YOU AFTER CALLING YOUR MATCH FOR 10 MINUTES!!!!!
  • Stay fresh and hygienic!
  • If you are having problems with another player, try to resolve the issue peacefully before seeking me out. It's important to eliminate problems before they develop into something serious. Nobody likes passive aggressive scrubs.
Links:
FB events page:
Coming Soon
Official BC Smash Community FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/368908883137347
Possible Streams for this event:
www.twitch.tv/yakal_bc
BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOU CAN, PEOPLE!!!
If you have extension cords, BRING THEM!
If you have a TV please bring it! If you don't have a ride ask in this thread and maybe we can arrange something for you!
Hope to see everyone there

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I'm partially interested.
I might be there if I have the funds/methods to travel there.

(I'm a scrubby Brawl player from Chilliwack)

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Anyone want to team with me? I play supportive Sheik in doubles. I'm going to team with Francis if he comes, but it seems unlikely.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Deap. I am bringing a friend who says he's really good at FIFA. If you bring an XBOX and FIFA he will play you... and probably beat you.

1337 HAxor: MM my DK as usual plz. $3 bananas, or $5 bananas if you want.

I'll be arriving around 1:30 - 1:45. Tony and I are teaming. =)

BUHNANAAAAAAAAA SSSSLLLLAAAAAAAMMAAAAAAA!!!

Top Bottom