• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Toolbox - The One Tool You'll Ever Need (Kinda) :: Latest: 5.0.1 (w/ Hotfix)

Doq

Smash Lord
Have you ever noticed that there are so many tools for Melee modding? And that some of them are obsolete and replaced with others? Do you wish for a way to consolidate all of these many tools into.... one tool?

I gotchu, fam.

INTRODUCING MELEE TOOLBOX..... AGAIN.

Foreword from the Developer
Uh.... hey guys. It's Doq. Been a while, huh? I haven't really updated this in.... two and a half years. Yeah, that's a long time, and a lot of apps in the package are old and not updated. Luckily I have regained the drive to finish the rewrite I was teasing for years. I also implemented things I've wanted to do for a long time. And it only took me ditching the entire old Toolbox code to do so~ Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the new Toolbox and that nothing breaks.

What is Melee Toolbox?
Melee Toolbox is a launcher and app consolidator for tools for modding Super Smash Bros. Melee. Melee Toolbox allows you to launch, update, and keep apps in one place. It's a lot simpler than having to manage it yourself; just let Melee Toolbox do it for you!

What is Melee Toolbox not?
Melee Toolbox itself isn't a tool. It's a collector of tools. It itself can't modify Melee files. Sorry if you're disappointed. I do have plans for some very basic functionality for that though-- or I'll save those for Melee Repo. I haven't decided yet.

Are there more things to it?
Sure! I just haven't got to it yet.

Melee Toolbox 5.0.1
released 20 November 2018
Download -> http://toolboxcdn.lmao.rip/libzip/MeleeToolbox-5.0.1.7z

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Known issues with version 5.0.1
  • I am currently self-hosting the update packages, which means one small network issue breaks the entire update functionality.
  • The update code still uses HTTP and breaks completely when requesting to an HTTPS-only server. Will be fixed in a future update.

5.01 Hotfix - 29 March 2019
  • Forgot to include 7z.exe in the main Toolbox package, which resulted in breaking the update functionality completely.

5.0.1 - 20 November 2018
  • Grayed the GitHub button (it'll come back with the next major version)
  • Fixed the SmashBoards button -> It links to this thread now.
  • Grayed out UMC until a version candidate is available.
  • Added literally one word to the code to make the Toolbox itself updateable.

5.0 - 18 October 2018
  • Initial rewrite release
  • GUI redesign
  • Implemented app updating
    • Also allows the main package to be much smaller, by only including the essentials.
  • App screenshot in Toolbox window.
  • Changelog and confirm update
  • Tabbed interface.
  • Embedding app windows in the Toolbox window.
  • This hot concept.

Last edited:

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
minor quibble that HPSAuto is super deprecated (see mod edit: https://smashboards.com/threads/hpsauto-v1-0-1-melee-music-patcher-bug-fix-update.342767/ ) and should probably be removed

also I'm able to reproduce a crash trying to "update" d2gui (first thing from a freshly unzipping toolbox-5.0.1.7z). It seems to get as far as creating files
version.txt ("second release") and app.7z (10,281 KB) in tmp/. If I delete tmp/ and try to "update" d2gui again it repros every time.

Doq

Smash Lord
minor quibble that HPSAuto is super deprecated (see mod edit: https://smashboards.com/threads/hpsauto-v1-0-1-melee-music-patcher-bug-fix-update.342767/ ) and should probably be removed

also I'm able to reproduce a crash trying to "update" d2gui (first thing from a freshly unzipping toolbox-5.0.1.7z). It seems to get as far as creating files
version.txt ("second release") and app.7z (10,281 KB) in tmp/. If I delete tmp/ and try to "update" d2gui again it repros every time.
I totally missed this (please yell at me in the Discord if I miss this for a significant period of time). Turns out it's not a bug in Melee Toolbox, but a missing file in the packages. So I fixed the packages. Sorry about that!

Sorta related but not really, I do have plans on implementing some of the smaller programs directly into MTBX code, removing the need to launch an external program. More on this later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom