• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee to Brawl Graphics (ADDED MORE!!)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
UPDATE!: Used Bin2Jpg program and now pictures are better quality (the brawl ones)

This thread's purpose is to show the transition in visuals using characters in certain situations.

I will be updating this here and there.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
Meh, good idea, but you'd be much better off using a Capture Card for this so we can actually see the details. Gl. :)

fazares

Smash Apprentice
these screenshot aint good for the comparison....i assure that when u get to play the game u will suddenly notice how much the gfx got improved..:-)

fazares

Smash Apprentice
shaders are particularly evident in the c.falcon suit...when u get to zoom in, u ll notice that the only other game with such detailed textures is smg...:-)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This isn't particularly useful for comparison.

Brawl looks many, many times better than Melee in actual play. Screenshots do not do it justice.

Wuzzy

Smash Cadet
much better comparison. Melee was a bigger jump in graphics i think.
Yeah that's because the hardware transition from the N64 to the Gamecube > Gamecube to Wii.

You can only get so much better after a while.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
This thread's purpose is to show the transition in visuals using characters in certain situations. I have another one coming up.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
there isn't much to say but brawl graphics look like the best out of any wii game i've seen so far, twilight princess is up there, but from the screens and videos i've seen, brawl's graphics really show what capability the wii has for future games.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Like some other people said, it would be better if you had a capture card so we could actually see the transitions instead of what the camerawork will show us =/

if you dont have one, lets just home someone does.

The Smash Bros. graphics just looks better than better in my eyes.
Your eyes must be pretty messed up, if you think we enjoy reading purple text. -.-

fazares

Smash Apprentice
hey...mate why dont u show a comparison between a melee stage and his brawl counterpart(ex.jungle japes)?

Tanzz

Smash Cadet
I think some Pokemon look better in Melee than in Brawl.
Yeah, I always thought it was funny that there is no real way to improve pokemon graphics, because they are so ambiguous in design. Thus, once you find a way to make them look smooth, there is no real way to add texture, because no one really knows what pokemon/skin ought to look like up close.

Brawl's Graphics look quite nice. A big step up from melee, I would say.

S2

Smash Lord
Destiny. The old ganon looks alot better than the new. But nice idea.

muesli :)

I disagree. The new Ganon is a lot more detailed and a much better model.

However, Ganon's actual animation took a nose dive in Brawl. For all the time they spent making other characters really well animated (like DDD), it seems like they slapped Ganon's TP model in and didn't do any work on it.

Really, he animates poorly. He doesn't bend or move dynamically. Really looks pretty bad in action. But at least the model looks good.

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
I think the Graphics look great. One thing has always bothered me.

it seems clear to me that Wii has to the worst Graphics of any next Gen. systems, and it just bothers me as to how much i notice how bad they are, I'm i just over reacting? eather way i would never give up my Wii for any other system. xbox360 is really cool though.

cyber_turnip

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd do another one of these

and

I can do these for every character if people want. I guess stages and stuff too.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Good idea. I like to see things side-by side so I can compare. I have 2 things to say..

The first screenshot is one of the funniest SSB screenshots I've ever seen.

The second one is awesome.

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
Link the best of those 4 how much graphics have been improved. The design and amount of details has changed a lot after Melee.

ghostofthewin10

Smash Apprentice
there isn't much to say but brawl graphics look like the best out of any wii game i've seen so far, twilight princess is up there, but from the screens and videos i've seen, brawl's graphics really show what capability the wii has for future games.
Whoa Twilight Princess was ugly as crap for a wii game. Everybody had a triangle for a hand and a blurry clothes.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Reuploaded brawl pics using bin2jpg program meaning better quality...

and also added new comparison pics.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom