• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Melee State Power Rankings

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
An awful experiment.

The four following states each have a publicly listed Power Rankings. Scroll down or click the links below for the State you so desire. I'll date their last releases and also likely change topic titles when/if a new PR is released from a state.

Due to the release of PRs at the moment are quite rare, so I doubt a single thread traffic will be too intrusive. Also just about everyone in the country talks and speculates on each other State's PR, so although I believe some similar respects to the past should be administered.

State (Last Update)

Last edited:

Zxv

Smash Lord
Fair bit of time has passed since this has been updated (4 years), but we finally have a new PR:

Text Version:

S
Ted :foxmelee:
Zxv :sheikmelee::marthmelee:
Peach
Cao :peachmelee: RJ :peachmelee:

A
Joe :falcomelee:

B
Birdies :jigglypuffmelee: Cunchy :falconmelee: Unreon :falcomelee:

C
MC :falcomelee: RCJay :marthmelee: Zero :falconmelee:
Ordering within tiers is alphabetical.

Old PRs:
v1.0 {05-25-2010}
NSW POWER RANKINGS 1.0
1. S.D
2. Comboturtle
3. Kulla
4. unreon
5. zxv
6. Jaz
7. Tedeth
8. Shaya
9. Gords
10. Bjay
v2.0 {08-26-2010}
NSW Melee Power Rankings v2.0
1: ComboTurtle :marth: :fox: +1
2: Zxv :sheik: :marth: :falco: +3
3: unreon :falco: +1
4: Kulla :sheik: -1
5: Tedeth :fox: :ganondorf: +2
6: Jaz :falcon: ±0
7: Shaya :marth: :roymelee:+1
8: Meteor Master :jigglypuff: :marth:~NEW~
9: Gords :sheik: -1
10: Berimbau :fox: ~NEW~
v2.05 {14-10-2010}
NSW Melee Power Rankings v2.05
1: ComboTurtle :marth: :fox: +1
2: Zxv :sheik: :marth: :falco: +3
3: unreon :falco: +1
4: Kulla :sheik: -1
5: Tedeth :fox: :ganondorf: +2
6: Jaz :falcon: ±0
7: Shaya :marth: :roymelee:+1
8: Meteor Master :jigglypuff: :marth:~NEW~
9: Gords :sheik: -1
10: Keru :sheik: ~NEW~
V3.0 {Sometime in 2010/2011}
1: Zxv +1
2: unreon +1
3: Tedeth +2
4: M +4
5: Keru +5
6: Gords +3
7: Shaya ±0
8: ever_alert ~NEW~
9: Zorsy ~NEW~
10: SleepingEgg a.k.a. Aron ~NEW~

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
VICTORIAN SSBM POWER RANKINGS
Welcome to the ranking list of Australia's largest Super Smash Bros Melee Community!​

Position Criteria
Tournament performance
- It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated, who they lost to and the character selections they rely on. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances over history and of recent times.

Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
Caliber of competition - It's great that you can win a local high school tournament, but if there's no good players there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
Players must be a current resident of Victoria to be eligible for PR consideration.

OLD LISTS:
Panelists : SD, Dekar, Redact
The panelists have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

21/1/15
1. Dekar
2. S.D
3. Redact
4. Skeletom
5. Splice
6. Atticus
7. Daniel
8. Sebby
9. Toshi
10. Atilla
11. Moxie
12. Noxus
13. Matt G
14. Tak
15. Joey
lost?

1. Dekar
2. CAOTIC
3. Redact
4. Toshiba (represented by Forte)
5. Atticus
6. Tak
7. Mikul
8. Tibs
9. Earl
10. Timic

S Tier: CAOTIC (Peach) and Dekar (Jigglypuff, Marth)
A Tier: Emily (Sheik) and Redact (Falco)
B Tier: Atticus (Fox), Mikul (Captain Falcon), Tak (Fox) and Toshiba (Fox)
C Tier: Earl (Fox, Marth), Forte (Various), Jei (Yoshi), Tibs (Fox, Doctor Mario) and Timic (Ice Climbers)
***Players within each tier are sorted alphabetically***
1. CAOTIC (Peach)
2. Dekar (Jigglypuff/Marth)
3. Emily (Sheik)
4. Redact (Falco)
5. Tak (Fox)
6. Mikul (Captain Falcon/Marth)
7. Atticus (Marth)
8. Tibs (Doctor Mario)
9. Timic (Ice Climbers)
10. Toshiba (Fox)

Ineligible due to inactivity: half of the scene

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Queensland Power Rankings

Panelists:

Rebecca Black
Justin Bieber
Sarah Palin​

Mission Statement:

Using a set of defined criteria, the goal of the Queensland Power Rankings is to regularly maintain an ordered list of the state’s top 6 players of the game Super Smash Bros. Melee. To be utilised by the opinions of several, informed panelists, the criteria, will be designed to ensure an objective and fair measurement of each player’s perceived skill to properly order them within each power ranking list.

Purpose:

The purpose of the Queensland PR project for the Smash series is to encourage the competitive development of the game and to nurture the desire of lesser players to compete for placement on and within the power rankings. The power rankings will drive all players to consistently attend tournaments and will also serve as a tool for tournament organisers to accurately seed state level smash events.

Criteria:

Recent Tournament Placements:
- The more recent the tournament, the more weight it holds in determining placement on the ranking.
- More recent wins or losses hold more weight.
- More tournament results equates to more consistency in placement.
- Tournament Placement only accounts for standard singles events. Doubles/Low Tier events do not count towards the rankings
- Self imposed handicaps should not to be taken into consideration in this or any other criteria. (This includes using low tier characters in a standard singles event)​

Win/Loss History:
- Placement on the PR is influenced by who you have beaten in tournaments
- Conversely; it is also affected by whom you have lost to.
- The significance of these wins and losses is determined by the perceived skill level of the opponent (be they power ranked or not).
- Money Matches/Out of State tournament performance is counted.
- Friendlies are not an acceptable means of perceiving the skill level of a player and do not count towards PR considerations. Taking friendlies into account is in direct opposition of the goals and purpose of the PR.​

Exceptions/Panelist Discretion:
- In the event of forfeiting from a tournament, it will be up to the panel to use their discretion in using the limited results supplied. Panelists will take into consideration the circumstances surrounding the forfeit.
- All considerations by the panel should not be heavily dictated by the criteria, the criteria instead serving to guide the panel to the most accurate outcome.​

SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN EVERYONE TIER

NOT QUITE TIER

WAAAAHHHHHHMBULANCE TIER

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
~ new SA PR comin atcha ~
November 2015:

1. Nick (Marth) - ▬ 0
------------
2. Muscat (Peach) - ▲ 2
3. Kaiza (Falco) - ▲ 4
4. Flow Rats (Sheik) - ▲ 2
5. Blackshadow (C. Falcon) - ▼ 2
6. Oli (Fox) - ▼ 4
Grim (Fox/Falco/Ice Climbers/Marth)
Ghost (Jigglypuff)

------------
7. Scraddles (Fox) - ▲ 2
8. Ace (Marth) - ▲ 2
------------
9. Jeremy (Marth) - NEW
10. Nehruvia (Samus) - NEW

HONOURABLE MENTION: Edsta (Fox)

Panelists:
Kaiza, Nick, Flow Rats, Blackshadow

Quick wording about the 2nd tier of players:
Pretty much this whole tier is basically even in skill, rankings were decided on more recent placings + attendance to get a better gauge of skill since last PR

Based on tournament performances & attendance since last PR in state and interstate and Nick's opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, so this topic is roaring and ready to go.
In this case, each of the state PRs are in the early 4 posts and have their post ownership controlled by the one which made their topics. So they are free to update their posts, obviously. If anyone different is to control the posting of the topic they just need to get me to switch it for them.

Doon

Smash Rookie
woww have the rankings just not been updated or have they really not changed since 2010??

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
What tournament, who else was there? I got 3rd in Brawl last weekend doesn't mean I should be on the Brawl PR from one placing

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm not up there, it definitely needs to be updated.
the humour from these comments has deteriorated

and if you're serious, you're delusional 8)
respect the other players pls

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
the humour from these comments has deteriorated

and if you're serious, you're delusional 8)
respect the other players pls
I ain't trying to disrespect, I'm just arrogant. And of course I wasn't serious.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
What tournament, who else was there? I got 3rd in Brawl last weekend doesn't mean I should be on the Brawl PR from one placing
you can have 7th if you want. you have a legitimate 100% winning record over me which is better than anyone else on the pr lol

Splice

Smash Hero
It's good it was bumped, it needs to be updated.
People are just slow and a bit lazy to generate PR's.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
SA 2014 PR is in the works, will be released after the results from the upcoming StreetGeek X in time for a possible *true SA Major* that may or may not be happening

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes, expect the public release (complete with Zero artwork) very soon!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord

Plaintext:

S: Ted (:foxmelee:), Zxv (:sheikmelee:/:marthmelee:)
S-: RJ (:peachmelee:)
A: Cao (:peachmelee:), Joe (:falcomelee:)
B: Birdies (:jigglypuffmelee:), Cunchy (:falconmelee:), Unreon (:falcomelee:)
C: MC (:falcomelee:), RCJay (:marthmelee:), Zero (:falconmelee:)

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I was mainly involved in the PM PR, but I did help out Zxv and Ted with it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

RJ vs Cao is currently at 1-1 for recent results, Cao beat RJ at ACL, but RJ beat Cao at most recent sydney monthly. RJ also has a 1st place way back at RoS4 to help his case (beat Ted and Zxv), but that wasn't really considered for this PR. From memory, Zxv felt that RJ was closer to him and Ted than Cao was after the last monthly.

At the time it was hard to gauge Joe and Cao's skill levels (lack of results), but with Joe's recent loss to Splice at Zeal, he probably shouldn't be same tier as Cao.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Cao outplaced Splice at SS and ACL and also others who would rek Joe aka me, spup, redact, skeletom, haikal, tristan and atticus to name a few.

SS - ted zxv

S cao

A RJ

B joe etc etc etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom