• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Bones0

Smash Legend
Cool. I like your Falco.

Do you mind me asking you for some advice on Falco through PM?
Not at all! Though tbh, it's best to ask in the Falco Discussion Thread. That way you can get input from others as well as allowing people who have the same questions as you to get some help as well. If you have a specific question, you can search the thread and chances are it's already been answered more than enough times. lol

http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-discussion-thread.256826

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
My replacement copy of Melee arrived in the mail today, now I can make the switch from Brawl. Time to start training for the competitive scene.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Is it too late to join the scene? I play Roy because I like him. I have a history of playing low tier characters. I'm gonna suck so hard next tournament I go to, but that's ok. That's what practice is for. Nice to meet you guys!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's not just that she was a girl

it was the huge amount of disrespect that she got from a toxic community

the norcal scene has a few girls and everybody is respectful and easygoing. nobody pesters or heckles them just bc they girls, nothing offensive is said.

basically the norcal melee community is the best in the world and all are welcome

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it's not just that she was a girl

it was the huge amount of disrespect that she got from a toxic community

the norcal scene has a few girls and everybody is respectful and easygoing. nobody pesters or heckles them just bc they girls, nothing offensive is said.

basically the norcal melee community is the best in the world and all are welcome

Would you say its because everyone already knows they are in a relationship?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
The sickest way to watch vids is to watch any set, mute the sound and put on your own music

And somehow the beat matches the in-game hits

Luke McCloud

#NooooooDeeeeeeeeEeeeeeyyyyyyeeee
I'm also just joining the scene. I'm going to a monthly tournie on the 26th in my region. I dream of being able to travel so I can attend nationals.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
that's so ****ing lame. I see this everywhere in the gaming industry, not just in ssb. A lot of people don't even realize what they are doing. Often I see men described by their job (oh, andzrej is a programmer) or their personality traits (oh andzrej? he's got a pretty poor sense of humor), and then women described by their physical traits, even if they've done cool ****. It's aggravating.

ckap

Smash Rookie
and then women described by their physical traits, even if they've done cool ****. It's aggravating.
I don't know about you guys, but the majority of the people I work with describe both men and women by physical traits. Cool **** people have done comes up, but if we just need to clarify who's who or something physical traits are the way to go.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Quick question, all the videos of tournaments I see everybody pronounces Melee as "may-lay" is this intentional or what? Because Im pretty sure its pronounce "me-lee".

EDIT: Forget it, the Melee announcer lied to me

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Quick question, all the videos of tournaments I see everybody pronounces Melee as "may-lay" is this intentional or what? Because Im pretty sure its pronounce "me-lee".

EDIT: Forget it, the Melee announcer lied to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3vIjpzpV8 he says may-lay though the way he drags it out can sound like me-lee though if you listen on every other time is definitely may-lay hence the premiere community podcast being melee it on me.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft3vIjpzpV8 he says may-lay though the way he drags it out can sound like me-lee though if you listen on every other time is definitely may-lay hence the premiere community podcast being melee it on me.
Exactly, the way he drags it makes the first syllabe unintelligible and the second extremely long so I guess you hear what you want. After I while of replaying though I did hear the maylay, thanks though.

On another note, who else spend a solid hour just reading the booklet that came with the game before playing, even though you had already play the **** out of SSB 64?

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Hey everyone, joining the scene (or trying to) as well, ans was wondering something. I main Roy, but I know that Marth is hogher tier and overall better. Should I switch to being a Marth main? and if so, will my experience with Roy carry over to Marth? Thanks in advance.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, joining the scene (or trying to) as well, ans was wondering something. I main Roy, but I know that Marth is hogher tier and overall better. Should I switch to being a Marth main? and if so, will my experience with Roy carry over to Marth? Thanks in advance.

Depends on how good you want to get, they play similarly but Marth will get you much farther in the long term so try both and see which one you like better.

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Depends on how good you want to get, they play similarly but Marth will get you much farther in the long term so try both and see which one you like better.

Thanks! I've been playing with Roy for 7 years (since I started), and my friend always was Marth. I would almost always beat him, but realaize that doesn't mean much. I'll take your advice and see which one I like more! the speed of Marth or the power of Roy.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Where can I find some local smashers? It's been damn near 5 years since I last played. I had a strong Link and even played with M2k a few times. I got some free time and wouldn't mind getting my butt whooped. Anyone live in or around Bucks County?

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Where can I find some local smashers? It's been damn near 5 years since I last played. I had a strong Link and even played with M2k a few times. I got some free time and wouldn't mind getting my butt whooped. Anyone live in or around Bucks County?

Where exactly are you?

Top Bottom