• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Both of their .sawnd and .pac files should've been updated as of this point. I also did a Pikachu and Mario thing. Also, if you haven't, check this out. It's my own personal/scene build that I've been putting way more time into than actually working on SFX... lol
It works okay- but no voice clip plays with the tornado, throws or F-air (and half the time for a bunch of other moves), the F-smash is only playing one clip, and the Super Jump Punch sound ("bloing") is exceptionally quiet.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It works decently, but no voice clip plays with the tornado or F-air and the Super Jump Punch sound ("bloing") is exceptionally quiet.
Copy the .pac file from the root of the download. I might've forgotten to put the actual finished one in the 'projectm' folder

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Copy the .pac file from the root of the download. I might've forgotten to put the actual finished one in the 'projectm' folder
I only put in the .sawnd file. Does that break it?

EDIT: nevermind, put in the .pac file, and it works fine (at least at first glance).

EDIT 2: now I've got two new problems: Mario has no first jump voice clip and most of the time the Super Jump Punch sound won't play (usually after doing something else before it).

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I only put in the .sawnd file. Does that break it?

EDIT: nevermind, put in the .pac file, and it works fine (at least at first glance).

EDIT 2: now I've got two new problems: Mario has no first jump voice clip and most of the time the Super Jump Punch sound won't play (usually after doing something else before it).
No idea how I missed the jump voice clip, but uuuuh I can't get the super jump thing to happen. Did you try the other .pac file?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wait, what did you do with Mario? Was he updated to 3.6 as well?
Yes he is now finally updated to 3.6. There is also an optional Smash 3 .pac file that makes Doc's pills... more varied?

Edit: His download should have everything fixed now too.

Last edited:

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Yes he is now finally updated to 3.6. There is also an optional Smash 3 .pac file that makes Doc's pills... more varied?

Edit: His download should have everything fixed now too.
Do the downloads still require 7.sawnd? What does not having the modified sawnd do?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh I forgot to tell you all that Pikachu is (and has been) updated for a while. I just didn't upload for some reason...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The download gives no indication of it having been updated for 3.6, however.
7.sawnd doesn't require the use of any .pac file, so there's no need for it to actually be updated unless I change something.

Speaking of which, I have removed the lingering electrical sound until I can fix the issue it's having. I was playing around with it and discovered that the reason it's so annoyingly loud is because the sound is actually popping... So until I can figure out a way to fix it, it's goooooooooooooone. It's not uploaded yet cause I'm not home, but when it is, I'll make sure to change the entry to reflect the 3.6 compatibility.

Oh wait. I did just realize I need to make an edited 3.6 .gct file for those who wanna use the perfect shield sound. I suppose I'll do that too...

(Isn't it awesome that I'm 'actually' actually doing things now?)

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
So I'm looking at the dates the Brawl Vault entries were updated and it would seem like the following characters were updated for 3.6. Captain Falcon, Mario, Fox, Falco, Roy, Marth, and Pikachu. Is that right? If there were any others, their descriptions still say 3.5.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I'm looking at the dates the Brawl Vault entries were updated and it would seem like the following characters were updated for 3.6. Captain Falcon, Mario, Fox, Falco, Roy, Marth, and Pikachu. Is that right? If there were any others, their descriptions still say 3.5.
You are correct. More will be coming at a much faster rate now. And I just did that thing that I said I was gonna do for the General Melee sfx. 7.sawnd and a .gct that changes the Shield Reflect sound are now available. Now with 100% less electric nonsense cause popping sounds are dumb! (Get it today while supplies last!) (Wat?)

Here!

Edit: I don't know if it's available in Falcos download... But I did kind of a funny-ish Easter Egg thing for him. It's at least available in my build, I know that much. Something similar to what I'm gonna gib Ganon

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is it possible to change the intro sound? It's kind of weird hearing Mario say "lets'a go" in his "regular" voice.
Funny you mention that. I actually thought I'd changed it to "Here we gooo!" when I was updating him cause I changed/fixed a bunch of stuff. But then I realized I kinda forgot. Soooo I'd planned on doing that tonight or tomorrow.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I think "Here-we-go!" is a little odd, maybe "Its'a me, Mario!" would work better?
Actually... there's a "Let's-a go" that is in Melee that was never used... and it doesn't sound bad. I think I'll use that one! I'll do this tomorrow as I just found this thing and now I have to go to bed even though I have all the energy and am typing this all at like 8000 words per minute and what even is this..?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ya pretty much :/
Okay then do this. I don't know what line it's in, but I never have trouble finding it. I'm assuming you have your .gct saved into a .txt file. So open the .txt file. Mash the FRACK out of "Ctrl + F" (not really just need to press once)

In the search field type "1F81" Once you press enter or "Find" or whatever, it'll take you to the two lines that need to be edited. Change the last 4 digits of that line "1F81" to "000C" and the line above it, change "1EF6" to the same thing.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Okay then do this. I don't know what line it's in, but I never have trouble finding it. I'm assuming you have your .gct saved into a .txt file. So open the .txt file. Mash the FRACK out of "Ctrl + F" (not really just need to press once)

In the search field type "1F81" Once you press enter or "Find" or whatever, it'll take you to the two lines that need to be edited. Change the last 4 digits of that line "1F81" to "000C" and the line above it, change "1EF6" to the same thing.
Wait so I change the other line that is above/below to the same thing?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
is there a version of this without electricty sfx edits? they're a complete mess on shine, falco lasers, half of pikachus moveset..

edit: nvm, probably requires the gct..and i cant replace mine..

think you can post the codes needed?

EDIT: HOYL JESUS YALL DID IT ALREADY

edit once again: made that code edit and the shine on-hit sfx are still electricity spam..i am using a custom gct and i changed the numbers i saw yall say to change above, to no avail..

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
is there a version of this without electricty sfx edits? they're a complete mess on shine, falco lasers, half of pikachus moveset..

edit: nvm, probably requires the gct..and i cant replace mine..

think you can post the codes needed?

EDIT: HOYL JESUS YALL DID IT ALREADY

edit once again: made that code edit and the shine on-hit sfx are still electricity spam..i am using a custom gct and i changed the numbers i saw yall say to change above, to no avail..
Noob. Read more of what you missed

Taltharius

Smash Cadet
Fox is using his Japanese voice for at least one of his victory quotes, rather than saying "Mission Complete!"

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Fox is using his Japanese voice for at least one of his victory quotes, rather than saying "Mission Complete!"
You mean it uses the Japanese quotes from his Melee voice? It's been like that forever. Falco is the same way with some of his taunts and win quotes.

Taltharius

Smash Cadet
You mean it uses the Japanese quotes from his Melee voice? It's been like that forever. Falco is the same way with some of his taunts and win quotes.
One of Fox's victory quotes is being spoken entirely in Japanese, however.

Top Bottom