• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
When he has an update, he'll post it. Projects like this take time and a lot of work has been put into it to make it as accurate to Melee as possible. Anyone wanting to hang out in this community in general needs to understand patience.

I have been patient. But now I have lost hype and interest in the sfx at this point lol. The PM Legcy EX has caught my hype rn.
Guess what? Legacy's probably going to take a while too. If you can't stand waiting, then move on and find something else. Posting comments like that here is rude.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
i'm starting to think about making the mod compatible with PM Legacy XP's Dr. Mario, Waluigi, Young Link and Pichu...
btw, Amazerommu Amazerommu , did you see this?
whatcha think?
If they all sound as decent as the ones in the preview... I'd use the char calls for the CSS and that's it... If he's the one saying "Super Smash Brothers Legacyyyyyyyyy..." [TRIGGERED] he uuuuuh... has definitely fallen off since Melee...

Also, whilst on the subject, true story... I'm going to make my own Announcer pack. People in my local community for WHATever reason have wanted me to do one for at least a year. I just haven't been able to. It's mostly for the shenanigans I sputter at events. Such things can be expected as:
  • Zero Suit Samus = "SLOOT SOOT SAMUS!"
  • Marth = "MARTHA" or "MARK" or "MRATH!" or better yet "LUCINA!"
  • Ike = "MIKE" (for whatever f***ing reason)
  • Captain Falcon = "FAPTAIN CALCON!" (community inside joke)
  • And whatever the heck else I don't remember
  • (I'll probz also do a 'normal' announcer pack as well)
Now... as far as me doing things... The last few weeks were... forcibly pushed upon me all life-like. Long story short, I was basically homeless for about a week and the two weeks before that frantically panicking due to such an impending thing (No actual panic attacks thankfully). Now I'm in a place and currently getting re-situated. Once that's done I'll continue things.

Obskore

Smash Ace
by the way, i got my hands on the new Smash 3 release, once i'm done updating my build with it, i'll start progress (put practice to the PSA modding) on my version of the SFX

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Long story short, I was basically homeless for about a week and the two weeks before that frantically panicking due to such an impending thing (No actual panic attacks thankfully). Now I'm in a place and currently getting re-situated.
Ditto, dude. Ditto.

David Shults

Smash Rookie
Glad to see you back man! Do you think that adding melee SFX to the Legacy XP pack would be awesome!

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Totes disagree with Legacy eating XP and pumping their heads up to a dangerous size.

LUK WE GOT MOR CURKTURZ AND WASHED UP VOYS GUY FRUM MEELY
Whoa buddy, that is not what happened at all lol. And I'll forgive you for being kind of rude to boot.

Then he would need to ask davidvkimball davidvkimball for such permission. I don't want to sound like a donkey's behind, but this could be sent to Amazerommu Amazerommu privately.
The Dean announcer SFX pack we're working on is outside of Legacy, we're making it for the community. Beyond that, the clips in the reveal trailer are not the final ones. Once we finish, everyone will have access to them. Stay tuned.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Whoa buddy, that is not what happened at all lol. And I'll forgive you for being kind of rude to boot.
Yeah that was a total first impression. My bad. After research and contemplation I'm certainly more open to the idea, but still retain reluctance towards the concept of mega mod.

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
does the character voice patches work for 3.6?
Not necessarily. To restate what I posted in an earlier page, movesets from PM 3.5 would replace 3.6...
It would, but the affected characters would have 3.5's moveset attributes, which would break the nature of the movesets, in technical terms.
So basically, at the cost of breaking the nature of vanilla Project M, you get proper Melee voice clips at their right moveset slots.

Obskore

Smash Ace
btw, i'm about to start progress, expect a little demo soon (as a release, i can't do a video because no capture card), it'll be Yoshi since i'll be using him for practice before going with the Brawl newcomers.
meanwhile, i learned yesterday how to change the sound that certain projectiles (Samus's missiles and bombs for example) make when they explode or hit someone.
i also tried out the new FPC 4.1 but for some reason the game stops loading my custom music files, it could be a side effect? could someone clarify?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Is there a version of this without the lingering lightning sound effect? It doesn't sound too great on my TV.

If not, how would I go about changing such a thing?
Doubt it.

No idea. SFX isn't my thing, sorry. Doesn't sound too great on Dolphin, either =/

Hagoromo Gitsune

Smash Rookie
why would people change that sound? it was already right in vPM, both the lingering burn and shock sounds
For clarification, the Melee SFX is for 3.5. Using it for PM 3.6 means that any electric attack would result in a loud lingering electric sound afterwards. In standard 3.6, it does not do that. It's only quiet. When the PM SFX was updated for 3.6, I noticed that one of the electric hit sounds was muted where for 3.5, it was not. I simply updated the Melee SFX for V3.5 to mute that sound so it would match the 3.6 SFX.

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for bumping this thread to the front page, but how the heck you were able to make only characters' alt costumes use their Melee voices?!

Also, is a 3.6 release in the works?

Obskore

Smash Ace
Sorry for bumping this thread to the front page, but how the heck you were able to make only characters' alt costumes use their Melee voices?!

Also, is a 3.6 release in the works?
yes its in the works.
and Amazerommu sacrificed some already used voice clips in favor of Melee voices, and using some PSA knowledge to make the alts load said sounds

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Doesn't that Roy cry sound deeeeelicious?

Finally posting again and working on stuff soon. The doodz I have done will be released, including that ^ Roy thing. And the Eelec sound will be much less loud when final stuffs is done. (I'd been meaning to change it forever just ain't done did it)

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't that Roy cry sound deeeeelicious?

Finally posting again and working on stuff soon. The doodz I have done will be released, including that ^ Roy thing. And the Eelec sound will be much less loud when final stuffs is done. (I'd been meaning to change it forever just ain't done did it)
Is melee Ganondorf done? And doesn't roy just use his melee sounds in PM?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is melee Ganondorf done? And doesn't roy just use his melee sounds in PM?
Melee dorf is not done. And PM does use Roy's Melee SFX... But they sound... not as good. And the real kicker in that video was the echo. PM Roy's Star KO does not have this proper echo. (Same with Mewtwo)

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Melee dorf is not done. And PM does use Roy's Melee SFX... But they sound... not as good. And the real kicker in that video was the echo. PM Roy'a Star KO does not have this proper echo. (Same with Mewtwo)
was that done just by editing the audio to add the echo or by using Brawl Box's sound effect parameters editor feature?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
right, so, if that was the answer i was gonna follow up with this:
would it be possible to use that and give overall swing sounds the little reverb like in Melee
Yep! It'll take a lot of guessing/checking to reproduce it exactly, but it's definitely possible.

Top Bottom