• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee & Project M Melee/Project M Scene in South Holland, IL or Homewood, IL Area? (Or startup)

Hadou

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hadou20XX
Hey guys, I'm a Smasher who's recently been getting into Melee. I'm not super good yet, and part of that is due to me unable to find people to play and challenge myself with. I live in South Holland, a suburban area where there's not much of a Smash scene to begin with. The most I'll see around here is Smash 4 tournaments at Back In The Game in Crestwood, and even that is sort of a distance. Netplay is unfortunately not an option for me, as router issues and an sometimes unstable connection messes the experience up. Idk about you, but I like my play lag-free.
Anyway, I'm just asking if there's anyone out there in the South Holland, IL or even Homewood, IL (which is only a bus ride away from me) areas who play Melee and would be willing to attempt starting up a scene with me. I'm thinking about starting a club at my library (its big enough for that, trust me) just for Melee friendlies and get togethers, then possibly move to organizing tournies. Idk to start with this stuff though, so bear with me. I'm just tired of playing bots and practicing by myself lol

If you're around here, give me a holler!
(Also, I know I mostly spoke of Melee, but I'd be willing to try PM as well, it depends on what people are more into)

Last edited:
Top Bottom