• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
You must not drink very often.

Edit: I'm gonna give brawl a chance, but as of right now I don't see it competeting with the professionalism of melee.

Jem.

Smash Master
Who goes online when drunk? >_>. Seriously never gotten that.

Meh, im just going to brawl cause its new. Kind of like how halo 3 players cry about halo 2 cause its more technical (bxr, bxb, double shotting, ect) but they have to get over tha halo 2 is done.

And smart play > technical imo. So hopefully smarts plays a giant role till advanced techniques are found out.

Renth

Smash Hero
Kage is going to this now huh?

hmm..... Well it's too late now i'm not going to have enough money for the trip this quick.

oh well :(

Renth

Smash Hero
oh.. well if it's before the 15th-22nd it's possible. i'll be in PA during the forementioned times.

Renth

Smash Hero
Ya I am going to the march one haha =P, also if you do go to the GC, wanna do double ganon for the tournament? =D
Of course, if i do make it. I'll see what i can muster odds of me coming are slim though. If i don't make it to this we'll make arrangements to play each other another time.

Mr. Warrior.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
LOL Brawl looks soooooooooo bad, no sarcasm.
Meh, it looks slow and wierd to me, but for what it's worth, the game in general looks so enjoyable and exciting lol. But yeah like you said, it's almost near impossible viewing it on the same level of depth as melee.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Ka, Nate, WA in general - Be sure to give it a WORTHY chance...

I've been spending faaar too much time on the brawl forums and watching new vids and the game is already evolving at a rapid pace.

Of course, I know nothing since I haven't played it yet xD but one thing is clear from all my wasted time - you CANT play this like melee and expect to go far, at all....

It's pretty much to the point where it'd be dumb to quit melee FOR brawl because they are completely different, unless you guys would find it more practical to devote all efforts into one game *coughOttocough* j/k

But yeah, I don't want any premature nay-saying and brawl bashing...it just makes me focus more on the 'bad' things as opposed to finding the 'good'. Keep in mind that the game looks terrible IN COMPARISON to melee. It just seems like they shouldn't really be compared is all...

But yeah, long live melee and all that...

Jem.

Smash Master
I don't get why you guys want the same characters, same movesets, better graphics, new levels.

We got to play melee for 5 years. Time for something new. And again, you guys werent around when competitive melee was f-smash and roll dodge spams. There are advanced stuff being found out.

yshikllr

Smash Apprentice
But yeah, I don't want any premature nay-saying and brawl bashing...it just makes me focus more on the 'bad' things as opposed to finding the 'good'. Keep in mind that the game looks terrible IN COMPARISON to melee. It just seems like they shouldn't really be compared is all...

But yeah, long live melee and all that...
Agreed. Brawl does look really fun though and I can't stand waiting to play it.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
I hear a bunch of johns coming from this Washington set. "If I dont pwn you like a ***** it's not a good game." Great johns guys.

Brawl tourney this saturday, yeayuz!

I don't get why you guys want the same characters, same movesets, better graphics, new levels.

We got to play melee for 5 years. Time for something new. And again, you guys werent around when competitive melee was f-smash and roll dodge spams. There are advanced stuff being found out.
thats because ssbm came out a lot closer to ssb than ssbb lol. they didnt even have time to find out everything in the first game before melee, so they didnt have much to put forth to melee from the first one. also thats because even if ssb was found out, melee is waaay more in depth and it would have taken forever. brawl will not take nearly as long, and its petty obvious lol. ill still play tho of course lol.

Jem.

Smash Master
Meh. I like melee a lot, but you have to admit a lot of things about it are imba.
but it does take a mass amount of skill + tech skill. So dont get me wrong I still love melee, just ready to move on.

Deva

Smash Lord
Been playing brawl, not nearly as competetive. And Otto's right, there aren't gonna be a whole lot of glitches to exploit that are available to every character like wave dashing. The game's still fun though, and I can see it being a relatively competetive fighting game. It's just too noob friendly. a lot of things auto cancel, along with auto item catching and sweet spotting. I'm happy though, Link's serious ****. Took a while to get used to, but with a sword as long if not longer than Marth's, Link can space pretty much every one. He can also use his claw shot since it has a double strike on it with no lag when you land, which has even more range.

Oh, and for Jem, Falco can short hop double laser now. It's pretty good. also has some wierd combos into throwing his shine out at his opponent.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Falco and fox are probably the ugliest peachs of garbage I've ever seen. What was that one crew name Reggie made up?

Fox in brawl looks like Sas' face or something LOL

Falco and fox are probably the ugliest peachs of garbage I've ever seen. What was that one crew name Reggie made up?

Fox in brawl looks like Sas' face or something LOL
edit
foxs face in brawl looks like isai when hes talking to sas
LOL
that was it
but yeah peachs of crap fosho =/

batman was a good name too lol

Top Bottom