• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melee / PM) East Coast Elites November! - November 23rd, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(Credit to QWA for this image <3)​
Date:
11/23

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
Depending on the # of people who show up we will be doing standard Double Elimination Bracket, or Round Robin format to maximize the number of tournament matches players are able to play!

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)**

**Subject to change

Schedule:

**Schedule is subject to change!
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.

12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.

1:30pm- Melee Singles begin.

4:00pm- Project M Singles begin.

5:30 pm- If there's interest: Melee and Project M Doubles begin.
6:30 pm - Random events (crew battles, mid tiers, etc)

10:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:

8+ Entrants
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

4-7 entrants
1st - 80%
2nd- 20%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

**IMPORTANT**

If you bring one of the first SIX full SSB setups your venue fee will be waived. This will be decided on a first come first serve basis via contacting me beforehand, then by who brings setups to the venue first (If fewer than 6 set ups have been committed to the tourney by the tourney date, the remaining venue waives will be given to those who arrive earliest with a setup)
I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii / Gamecube, and a Melee disc / Brawl disc + PM SD card.
Partial set ups are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if they can complete another partial setup!
Extention cords are always appreciated =D

Venue Fee waives:
1. TV, Gamecube, Melee [Arcadia]
2. TV, Gamecube, Melee [QWA]
3. TV, Wii, PM [Bobz]
4. TV, Wii, PM [Jesseyo]
5. TV, GameCube, Melee [Redd]
6. (Empty)
7. TV, Wii, PM [The End Games]
8. TV, Wii, Brawl (Chuckles)
*(Parentheses) indicate partial setup and $5 venue fee discount
*[Brackets] indicate full setup and $10 venue fee waive.

Here is the rule set for Melee
-This is the MBR 2013 recommended rule set and may vary.
- Wobbling and infinites are LEGAL except in the case of stalling

I'm unsure about the PM ruleset. If anyone has any suggestions or can send thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at my tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your potential. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If I find out splitting has taken place, I will ask for the prize money to be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing player. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events. Thanks ^_^

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
First six full setups brought will get a full $10 venue fee waive. First person (who doesn't bring a full setup) to bring just a copy of PM and Melee will get a half $5 venue fee waive. Just indicate if you're bringing a setup and what you're bringing here and I'll add you to the list above.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a setup.

Edit: For Melee, of course. I don't bring Wiis to these things anymore.

hot$

Smash Ace
I will be making an appearance at this for sure. So NOVA can be represented at least by 1 person. I'll have a full setup with me.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Going to try to make it this time, might be able to bring a TV but can bring a PM set up at least

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely gonna try and be there.

Edit: I can bring a copy of Brawl (no wii or PM), A stream setup (possible), and a cube.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
If I can find a way to get off (which is somewhat unlikely) then I'll try to come. If I do come, then I'll be bringing a PM Setup.

hot$

Smash Ace
Will you be here Friday? Lets practice if you're here and free, then
Yes technically. I'm staying with my friend in Harrisonburg though. He just has Saturday off, so that's why ill be here. It's a win win
But yeah I'll be busy Friday. :x

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Just hooked up the stream.

http://imgur.com/a/XMuSM
There's too much contrast. You should tone everything down. I made the layouts for PB&J's stream and it was a problem I had too. You need to darken the background images and make the logos pop out a little more (drop shadows possibly). The main subject is the game, and with everything on there so bright, it's difficult to see. Also, tone down the red lines (darker or less saturated) or add a gradient to them.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
I can bring 3 melee setups, and three friends.
I'll be there at 11.

I assume it's okay to bring more than the goal of 6.

My carpool (with Jet and Andrew) will be late. Would it be possible to add us in the bracket before our arrival?

Top Bottom