• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melee / PM) East Coast Elites June! - June 29th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Even though you blamed my setup for being rigged? Tsk....hahaha ;) Just messing with ya.

It could have been worse, he could have called your set up "too small," that's the worst thing to say about another person's set up.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
It could have been worse, he could have called your set up "too small," that's the worst thing to say about another person's set up.

GASP* Who would ever say such a thing?! ;)

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Well hey, I DID win on the other setup so one has to wonder!!!!
Just admit we are/were equally match. It all relied on sheer luck and/or mistakes by which we both had issues with. :D I'm not that low as to rig anything in my favor...Didn't you play the finals on my setup anyways? O.o

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Just admit we are/were equally match. It all relied on sheer luck and/or mistakes by which we both had issues with. :D I'm not that low as to rig anything in my favor...Didn't you play the finals on my setup anyways? O.o
Yeah, I know dude I'm just messing with you LOL.

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
Actually I get off work at 5pm and it takes me about an hour to get to the venue. I might actually come after work for melee/PM singles. Will be PM singles actually start at 4:30 or do you think it will get pushed back to like 5 or 6? Because if so I'll probably come.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
My schedules are rarely accurate. I just like to keep friendlies going the entire time if possible, so there's a good amount of downtime between sets. I try to start asap, but there are usually some delays like cars arriving late and late bracket signups, etc. If someone has something to do because they planned something else before or after some schedule time just lemme know and I'll make sure it goes as planned ^_^

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I have an Emerson 20" EWF2004 that I bought recently that I cannot get into video/game mode. Accessing the channel menu from the front panel allows a "game mode" to be entered, but nothing happens when doing that. I went to the local DAV and got a universal remote, but I entered all the codes I could find and couldn't get it to work Does anyone know enough about TV's/universal remotes to help out? It also has an S-video input, which I don't have a cable for. Should I bring it anyway in case it's able to be used?

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Somebody teach me how to play a character today, I don't care who it is. I feel like I haven't gotten better in months. So basically, I'm still a huge scrub.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Somebody teach me how to play a character today, I don't care who it is. I feel like I haven't gotten better in months. So basically, I'm still a huge scrub.
I'll teach you how to play Link. :p

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Hey, does anyone mind if I get a bunch of matches on the livestream/recorded setup? I wanna get some footage of my play to improve on :)

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Welp! Just lost both of my rides here... (-_-) I really, really wanted to come, but with no form of transportation, I can't make it happen. Ugh, why did this happen? :(
Yeah I literally saw everyone decide to bail in the last 24 hours. :( This region sucks. Imma win everything.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap. I'm going to have to hit this up next time. Thanks to the guy there who told me what was up when I asked why there was melee going on in my card shop. I will be rusty as all get out, but this looked like too much fun!

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
You're welcome!

Good games everyone. I really didn't deserve 3rd in Melee, haha.
I'm mad salty
That being said you definitely surprised me.
And ggs to arcadia for winning it like he said he would.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm mad salty
That being said you definitely surprised me.
And ggs to arcadia for winning it like he said he would.
Were you the Falcon player? If so, you played well but I was able to play smart and called you on your movement a lot.

Maybe I'll practice some more Melee.

Ruin_BW

Smash Rookie
Well, I had fun at this.. I'll try to make it out again! See if I can do better with some practice, lol. And thanks again to everyone I did manage to play for the tips after games, I'm gonna work on all of that stuff.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Were you the Falcon player? If so, you played well but I was able to play smart and called you on your movement a lot.

Maybe I'll practice some more Melee.
Yeah, that was me. The upsmashes really caught me off guard. And the "i'm bad at melee" charade you played, lol. But being as good as you are in Project M a lot of that skill should transfer to melee, and i thought it showed.

Also i do remember you catching me every time i tried going into the air...well back to the drawing board there. I tried to use the platfoms alot but your full jumps were very effective at stopping that.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that was me. The upsmashes really caught me off guard. And the "i'm bad at melee" charade you played, lol. But being as good as you are in Project M a lot of that skill should transfer to melee, and i thought it showed.

Also i do remember you catching me every time i tried going into the air...well back to the drawing board there. I tried to use the platfoms alot but your full jumps were very effective at stopping that.
Yeah, Up smash is a fun mixup that I feel is under utilized. It messes with people's heads for sure.

The "charade" wasn't that at all. I haven't played Melee against a human in probably 3 years. I definitely felt sluggish so I had to play safe/smart/not fancy. Plus Falco was an alternate to my Link main, but I'd rather not get eaten alive all day while rusty.

Top Bottom