• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melee / PM) East Coast Elites June! - June 29th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(Credit to QWA for this image <3)​

Hey guys, for everyone that was interested in the East Coast Elites becoming a monthly, here it is. Meleeand Project M will be hosted at the next one!

*Brawl will no longer be hosted at ECE*

Date:
6/29/2013

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
Depending on the # of people who show up we will be doing standard Double Elimination Bracket, or Round Robin format to maximize the number of tournament matches players are able to play!

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)

Schedule:
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.

12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.

1:30pm- Melee and Project M Doubles begin.

4:30pm- Project M Singles begin.

7:30pm- Melee Singles begin.

10:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:

8+ Entrants
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

7 or fewer entrants
1st - 80%
2nd- 20%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

**IMPORTANT**
If you bring a full SSB setup your venue fee will be waived. I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii/Gamecube, and a Melee disc / SD card with Project M on it.
Setups that include everything but a TV are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if I'm contacted about it beforehand!

Here is the rule set for Melee
I'm unsure about the PM ruleset. If anyone has any suggestions or can send thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at my tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your potential. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If I find out splitting has taken place, I will ask for the prize money to be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing player. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events. Thanks ^_^

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
this is the same day as the next xanadu tournament, just fyi. i think a lot of people will be going to that for the melee only evo prep tournament. im unavailable on the 22nd anyway, but im just giving a heads up.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Arcadia, don't ever accuse me of conspiring to use Peach ever again, I would never do such a thing.

Hey, Arcadia, don't ever accuse me of conspiring to use Peach ever again, I would never do such a thing.
Peach is a fun character to play. You should be honored to be thought of to play Peach

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Totally gonna try to make it to this again. Had an awesome time! I'm coming after you Arcadia. :p Good game bro.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Peach is a fun character to play. You should be honored to be thought of to play Peach
We were doing low-tier matches, and I switched to Kirby, and he accused me of switching to Peach. So he accused me of switching to a high-tier character to gain an advantage.

Isn't Peach left handed?
Nah, Peach isn't that cool. But did you know that Shadow the Hedgehog is left-handed?

Wow, there's got to be some kind of story behind Kirby turning into Peach. :p I agree with Oasys. An announcement should be made for the Brawl heads so that they don't absent-mindedly come for Brawl because they didn't actually check the schedule of events.
Brawl players should totally absent mindedly come. Melee and PM are great games to play

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
FYI this is a really good series with a fantastic venue and OMG THE GAS PRICES ARE SO (relatively) CHEAP THERE. I'll see what I can do to be available. I'll try to be a little more lively next time.

Will there be a nova carpool going? I'd like to split gas fees

I'm probably going to record instead of livestream this event

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Question in regards to the venue: What is it costing you guys to rent the space? Are you all making any money off of this event? Don't mind if you are, just curious. Me and a few friends will be attending. Looking forward to my 1st tourny in 5 years. :)

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Question in regards to the venue: What is it costing you guys to rent the space? Are you all making any money off of this event? Don't mind if you are, just curious. Me and a few friends will be attending. Looking forward to my 1st tourny in 5 years. :)
They probably keep the money made from the people who don't bring setups. That's just my guess though.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Nintendude: Wanna team? Dbl IC's so actually works. 4v2; it's like even more exponentially unfair. =D I can play others, too. Lemme know...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I usually use Peach when I team with ICs players and it turns out I can't make it to this because I need to help my new roommate move in. Maybe next month.

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys! Get hype! ECE's only a short week away :) Can't wait to see everyone again and get some great matches in. Shoutouts to keepin the scene thumpin'!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Just saw this in the previous tourney thread:

AmKhokar said:

The End Game has some recording equipment, but it's not always available, so the stream is variable. Once I get enough saved up for a Dazzle HD, there will be definite streams =D
I have a KWorld GM220. It's not super high end, but it's pretty decent. Problem is, it's component. If some1 has a composite -> component converter, I'd be more than happy to bring it. Unfortunately my laptop isn't fast enough to to run it well, so we'd need a computer as well. Anyway, lemme know

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Frodo and I will be making the trip up. Totally looking forward to being there.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to make it. I hope Wenbo is there, he needs to teach me the ways of the Knee.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow at Melee start time. I was hoping to be 2 & out and on my way home by 7:30. Forgot that there were 3 other tournies to run though. Makes sense.

AmKhokar: Do you have a headcount of suspected ppl attending/number of setups by chance?

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I have my half setup for Melee/Project M. Mind if I bring it again?

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
That's what i thought last time and I was almost late cause we started at like 2 exactly
Eh, I can't say much as to if the earliest event starts on time or not. I just meant that things may not necessarily run in the order that he has posted and things typically end sooner than estimated which allows for other things to start sooner.

Oh yeah, I have my half setup for Melee/Project M. Mind if I bring it again?
Always bring setups :)

Top Bottom