• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Melee / PM] East Coast Elites February! (Feat. Chillin, Milkman, Cyrain, Ether)

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Date:
02 / 22 / 2014 (Saturday)

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
7 or fewer entrants: Round Robin
8-19 entrants: Double Elimination Bracket
20+ entrants: Pools; Top 2-3 (depending on # of entrants) per pool move into double elimination bracket

*Pool and round robin matches are all best of 3
*Bracket matches, with the exception of Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals, are best of 3
*Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5 matches.

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)**

**Subject to change

Schedule:

**Schedule is subject to change!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup

11:30pm - Registration / Friendlies

1:30 pm- Project M Doubles begin

2:30pm- Melee Singles begin

4:30pm- Melee Doubles begin

4:45pm- Project M Singles begin

6:00pm- If interest: Crew battles, ProAM Doubles, etc (Accepting suggestions)

10:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up

Prize Pool:
30+ Entrants
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%

8-29 Entrants
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

4-7 entrants
1st - 80%
2nd- 20%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) and COOKOUT.

**IMPORTANT**
If you bring one of the first SIX full SSB setups your venue fee will be waived. This will be decided on a first come first serve basis via contacting me beforehand, then by who brings setups to the venue first (If fewer than 6 set ups have been committed to the tourney by the tourney date, the remaining venue waives will be given to those who arrive earliest with a setup)
I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii / Gamecube, and a Melee disc / Brawl disc + PM SD card.
Partial set ups are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if they can complete another partial setup!
Extention cords are always appreciated =D

Venue Fee Waived List:
1. TV, GameCube, Melee [QWA]
2. TV, GameCube, Melee, PM [Arcadia147]
3. TV, GameCube, Melee [FrackenKraken]
4. TV, Wii, Melee, PM [NBDM_Skywalker]
5. TV, Wii, Melee, PM [Smash GOD]
6. TV, GameCube, Melee [Miqi]

*[Brackets] indicate full setup and $10 venue fee waive.

Melee Ruleset:
-This is the MBR 2013 recommended rule set but varies accordingly:
- Wobbling and infinites are LEGAL except in the case of stalling
- Modified DSR

Project M Stage Picking:
All stages on page 1 are legal
1. For game one, bottom row (neutral) stages are used. Players alternate banning on this row until 1 stage is reached with the # of bans equal to 1-2-2-1 respectively.
2. For game two, winner bans one of the three rows, then loser picks from the remaining two rows.
3. Winner then bans 3 stages from this row and loser counterpicks from the remaining 4 stages.
4. For game 3 repeat steps 2 and 3.
*Modified DSR - Player may not return to a stage if they LAST won on it, but may return to any stage otherwise.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at these tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your ability. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If it comes to my attention that splitting has taken place, prize money must be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing entrant. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events.

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

Last edited:

FrackinKraken

Smash Cadet
I'm in. Put me down for a P:M setup, could possibly be a melee one too if I can find my Cube. Will be a 24" TV, and I can bring a powerstrip too if need be. Looking forward to this!

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
If I don't work then I'll most likely be there. Will VGBC be there again?

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I'll bring a Wii/P:M. Don't expect to have work but I'll give advance as soon as I can.

Also, just invited two of my friend's friends to this. They both play Magic and one of them has heard of P:M.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Confirming a full setup for this!!!

Woah, I just realized I missed the venue fee waive after it updated. LAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEE!!

Last edited:

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Confirming a full setup for this!!!

Woah, I just realized I missed the venue fee waive after it updated. LAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEE!!
I remember a glorious time when everyone who brought a setup had their venue fee waived. I don't think the venue owner liked how everyone would just bring a setup to avoid the venue fee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom