• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melee / PM) East Coast Elites August! - August 17th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(Credit to QWA for this image <3)​
Date:
8/17/2013

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
Depending on the # of people who show up we will be doing standard Double Elimination Bracket, or Round Robin format to maximize the number of tournament matches players are able to play!

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)

Schedule:

**Schedule is subject to change!
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.

12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.

1:30pm- Melee and Project M Doubles begin.

4:30pm- Project M Singles begin.

7:30pm- Melee Singles begin.

10:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:

8+ Entrants
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

4-7 entrants
1st - 80%
2nd- 20%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

**IMPORTANT**

If you bring one of the first SIX full SSB setups your venue fee will be waived. This will be decided on a first come first serve basis via contacting me beforehand, then by who brings setups to the venue first (If fewer than 6 set ups have been committed to the tourney by the tourney date, the remaining venue waives will be given to those who arrive earliest with a setup)
I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii / Gamecube, and a Melee disc / Brawl disc + PM SD card.
Partial set ups are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if they can complete another partial setup!
Extention cords are always appreciated =D

Venue Fee waives:
1. TV, Wii, Melee [Arcadia157]
2. TV, GC, Melee [QWA]
3. TV, Cube, Melee (Oasys)
4. TV, Wii, Brawl + SD Card (E2xD)
5. TV, GC, Melee [Milkman]
6. TV, GC, Melee [6VI6]
7. TV, (need system), (need game)
8. (empty)
*(Parentheses) indicate $5 venue fee discount
*[Brackets] indicate full $10 venue fee waive.

Here is the rule set for Melee
-This is the MBR 2013 recommended rule set and may vary.
- Wobbling and infinites are LEGAL except in the case of stalling

I'm unsure about the PM ruleset. If anyone has any suggestions or can send thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at my tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your potential. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If I find out splitting has taken place, I will ask for the prize money to be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing player. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events. Thanks ^_^

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Changes to the Venue Fee waive with setup stuff: If you bring one of the first SIX full SSB setups your venue fee will be waived. This will be decided on a first come first serve basis via contacting me beforehand, then by who brings setups to the venue first (If fewer than 6 set ups have been committed to the tourney by the tourney date, the remaining venue waives will be given to those who arrive earliest with a setup)

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go to this. I'll have to convince my parents to let me move into my apartment the weekend before or the Sunday after this, but that shouldn't be a problem.

And with that, I can confirm that I'll be bringing a full setup (TV + Gamecube + Melee). (Did I do it right? Do I get the fee waived?)

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I can possibly make it with my Wii, Sd Card, Brawl. Just don't have the Tv. I call dibs on the 16:9 one I keep getting. haha.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I shall be bringing my usual cargo consisting of a Gamecube, Melee, the best television ever (Just ask E2XD), and streaming equipment.

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Can guarantee a cube+melee, MAYBE a tv? :p Does that count? Also yeah as long as someone from RVA ends up going(which we will, 99% sure) I'll be here ^^

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
There's been a ton of discussion about wobbling since wobbles at EVO got smacked by Mango. Though I'm against it, personally, for the sake of VA doing well in regionals and bigger tournies where wobbling will most likely be legal, I'm going to allow it at ECE.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
There's been a ton of discussion about wobbling since wobbles at EVO got smacked by Mango. Though I'm against it, personally, for the sake of VA doing well in regionals and bigger tournies where wobbling will most likely be legal, I'm going to allow it at ECE.
Despite my sudden outburst in the middle of a match if wobbling was legal or not, this should only really affect Nintendude if he even comes haha. So good move in my opinion.

Edit: Also, idk if Milkman is back from EVO yet, but he texted me saying he wants to confirm himself as bringing a full setup (TV + Cube + Melee).

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm moving to Richmond in the upcoming month, and while I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make this one, if it's a monthly thing, I will *definitely* be attending some in the future.

I'm sure I'll get bodied as I've been out of the Smash scene for the last few years, but I used to play in Rochester, NY at weekly SSBM and SSBB tourneys. Just played some PM and it's quite fun and I look forward to playing it with people along with Melee. EVO got me totally hyped to get back into Smash. (Not that I wasn't already counting down the days to E3 for SSB4 reveal and still love SSB in general :D )

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Oh, and if and when I do end up going to these, I can bring a Wii, Melee, Brawl/PM. Don't have a TV I can transport at the moment, but if they have CRTs or good LCDs for Smash I could buy one and bring it in the future.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Awesome guys!
sacredphoenix, let me know as soon as you can confirm attendance or not and I can add your setup to the list if it's not filled by then =D Welcome to RVA and the va soon in a month! ^_^

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Ah, crap. I just noticed the date. I am moving back to college that same weekend so we shall see when the time comes. (Note: If I do come out, 89% chance, I will also have my disk for Melee along with my previously mentioned setup). Just wanted to let you know Amkhokar. Thanks again for hosting! :)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm not too worried about getting anything waived, but for the sake of having all the games / SD cards we need, I'd be glad to help. I'm moving middle of the month, so it's very close to when I might just be getting in. I shall definitely let you know as soon as I know though. And as I mentioned, if I can't make this one, I'm pretty sure I can make future ones.

And thanks for the welcome!

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Planning on coming with the same group (Bobz, EastCoastEddie, Flex and myself). Not 100% yet I have a month to practice melee!

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Most of the PM setups are brought by others, but I will certainly be updating my card to the latest version prior to the tourney.

Now we get to deal with Meta Knight, he better die from my f-smashes at like 55%

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
Most of the PM setups are brought by others, but I will certainly be updating my card to the latest version prior to the tourney.
You should probably standardize it to be 2.6 since a lot of characters (like Link, Sonic, and ZSS) have received major tweaks to their play. Hopefully it will just avoid an argument.

Also, Full-set codes, not Wi-Fi safe. Features are missing in the wifi safe set

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good Jesse. It only make sense to make 2.6 standard. Every tourney has been played with the latest version, but it's up to those who bring set ups to make sure the SDs are updated =D.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good Jesse. It only make sense to make 2.6 standard. Every tourney has been played with the latest version, but it's up to those who bring set ups to make sure the SDs are updated =D.
Well then I'll bring version 2.1. :trollface:
Nah, joke.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
The Internet is solid, but unless you're streaming or doing something for the tourney, we can't allow access. Since its only reserved for venue relevant activities, it's consistently great for streaming :D

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if my whole crew can make it or not, but really looking forward to this. Just good times with good peeps.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
It looks like if I do come, I'll just be coming solo (No Frodo or Saber). :/ Just dislike long distances without a companion. Hopefully see you all there.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
See if you can catch a ride with the people from the SoVa melee group on facebook. I don't really have any more contact with them because they kicked me out for not actually living near any of them. >_>

If they don't let you in, you could PM The Doug instead.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
SoVa won't even add me in the group. So I've always been a lone ranger coming to these events. I requested twice and had people talk to the head of the group. So I gave up on them. Thanks for the consideration.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
SoVa won't even add me in the group. So I've always been a lone ranger coming to these events. I requested twice and had people talk to the head of the group. So I gave up on them. Thanks for the consideration.
Ugh, yeah, I don't know what their problem is. :/ That sucks though; I hope you can figure something out.

Top Bottom