• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee player trying to figure out approaching

miniyodadude

Smash Rookie
Despite the fact I mainly play melee, I do enjoy playing sm4sh and am going to a local this friday. I currently play lucina and find I have a lot of trouble approaching in neutral. In melee when you hit someones shield you have advantage and can continue to apply pressure, but in sm4sh it feels that I can never get a hit because if my attack hits their shield i either have to reset neutral or get punish for trying to pressure their shield. What should I be doing in neutral to start an engagement?

To be more accurate, I can't figure out what to do on fd, it feels like the opponent is a wall and even when i get in I can't punish fully. I was having trouble with a robin last night and they weren't exactly that great.

Top Bottom