• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Melee Overbuff! Character - Samus

Chariciard

Smash Rookie
Directly to the mod, this is an unbalance patch for Samus with the objective of making her really strong, detailed patchnotes in spoiler below

First of all, thanks for your interest in the mod and forgive my english, it's hard to learn :p

Patch notes

Attributes
  • Jump squat 3 --> 4
  • Frames to change direction on standing 4 --> 1 (no need to do frame perfect turnaround anymore :D)
  • All aerials landing lag 15 --> 8

Attacks
  • Jab 1: Gave a 270º angle and set knockback so it's not possible to crouch cancel it and never launches the opponent
  • Jab 2: Gave a 270º angle and really strong set knockback, is meteor cancelable but a really strong combo starter on grounded opponents
  • Dash attack: Sweetspot is stronger and sourspot acts as a not so reliable combo starter, made it WAY safer (IASA frame 38 --> 28)
  • Forward tilt: Made it stronger and safer (IASA frame 30 --> 28)
  • Up tilt: Gave strong set knockback on grounded opponents as a combo starter, slightly increased knockback growth on airborne opponents, animation is 5 frames faster at the beggining
  • Down tilt: Made it STUPIDLY safe on anything, increased combo capacity (IASA frame 43 --> 16![probably unbalanced])
  • Forward smash: Gave a new sweetspot that launches at a 25º angle and is disjointed (similar to newer smash games)
  • Up smash: Since this attack will never work, made every hitbox equally strong... it's still not great but at least you wont get punished for connecting it, WAY safer (IASA frame 58 --> 40)
  • Down smash: Both hits now have the same base knockback, WAY safer (IASA frame 45 --> 30![probably unbalanced]{to annoy that people who hates cc downsmash, AKA, me})
  • Nair: Slightly increased base knockback to be less punishable at low percents, slightly safer in air (IASA frame 40 --> 35)
  • Fair: Modified multi-hits so the attack works more consistently, final hitbox now can kill relatively early, generally faster throughout the entire animation
  • Bair: Activation frame 9 --> 7, this means the attack is active for 6 frames instead of 4, autocancel frame 31 --> 17, WAY safer in air (IASA frame 37 --> 22)
  • Dair: Activation frame 18 --> 14, this means the attack is active for 9 frames instead of 5, is now a spike with an angle of 290º (same as Falco's Dair), WAY safer in air (IASA frame 49 --> 34)
  • Uair: The attack now works most of the time instead of only once every 3 years, angle is now 80º, can actually kill, safer in air (IASA frame 39 --> 34)
  • Zair: Made it into a multihit that pops the opponent up in a 100º angle with weak set knockback, cancelable on any frame
  • Grab: Active throughout the entire animation
  • Dashgrab: Endlag cut in half
  • Dthrow: Endlag cut in half
  • Neutral B: Charges twice as fast, faster projectile in general, more knockback at max charge
  • Side B: Lifespan of the missile increased, improved homing ability, slightly increased base knockback and speed of projectile, faster animation
  • Smash Side B: Slightly increased base acceleration, lifespan and base knockback of the projectile
  • Up B : Increased aerial control, horizontal momentum and knockback, greatly reduced landing lag
  • Aerial Up B: Increased height, aerial control, horizontal momentum and knockback, greatly reduced landing lag
  • Down B: Increased mobility (this probably increases the length of the super wavedash, not tested), bomb now has an electric effect and slightly increased base knockback and shield damage
  • Aerial Down B: Increased mobility and height gained from the use of down b itself (Bomb jumping is less practical due to this)

Download the mod here!

This mod HEAVILY relies on 2 gecko codes
Samus/Link/Y.Link - Zair 10f landing lag (v1.02) [UnclePunch, rmn]

040c44a4 C042E3F0

Attacks that Deal Less than 1 Damage Have No Hitlag or DIability v2 (v1.02) [Magus]

040771E0 60000000
040772A4 60000000
040781D4 60000000
04076A48 60000000
04076B9C 60000000
04077A1C 60000000
04077B70 60000000
04076D3C 60000000
040776FC 60000000
I did not make or had anything to do with the creation of those 2 geckocodes, if the original authors have problems with me using/recomending them with this mod i will delete this section without any problems.

Hey, thanks for getting interested on this little stupid mod, i would love some feedback, did you love it? Did you hate it? Was it just ok? Why? I'm new to this site and and modding so let me know anything that bothers you, hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom