• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee on Nintendon't (Wii)

Buck The Dog

Smash Rookie
I am playing Melee on Nintendont and I am having a problem with the control that it seems no one else is having, I can't do smash attacks whenever I want with the normal joystick, it'll often do a normal attack and if I want to a smash attack in the opposite direction is even more difficult, and will often do a dash attack, this happens with both Wii classic controller and Wii U pro controller, and if I use the second stick for smash attacks they attack right away without charging, is anyone else having this problem?

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
It's not a problem. The C stick does uncharged smash attacks. That's what the developers wanted (If you hold I think it's Z or A while hitting a C stick direction, you can charge it)

With the control stick + A at the same time, it might be your timing off

(I've never even tried Nintendon't so

Buck The Dog

Smash Rookie
It's not a problem. The C stick does uncharged smash attacks. That's what the developers wanted (If you hold I think it's Z or A while hitting a C stick direction, you can charge it)

With the control stick + A at the same time, it might be your timing off

(I've never even tried Nintendon't so
I don't think I am doing it wrong, because I had no problem with the controllers on both Brawl and Smash Wii U, it is probably a problem with the emulator, which really pisses me off because I'll never enjoy melee properly (I can't afford the original game and a GameCube controller)

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
I use Nintendon’t and I don’t seem to have this problem... It might be your rom; try using a different one.

Buck The Dog

Smash Rookie
Try turning native control on

In nintendont settings
That would'nt work since I do not have any GC controller, I play with Wii classic controller but I used a Wii U Pro controller and it has the same problem

I use Nintendon’t and I don’t seem to have this problem... It might be your rom; try using a different one.
Could you give me the rom you're using? I can try using different one, but I downloaded mine a long time ago and I would'nt tell them apart

Last edited:
Top Bottom