• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

melee on keyboard

bumbino

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
psyf#691
i had started melee on keyboard for like a week and i cant do air doge properly its going or left or down. am i missing something?

Artic223

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm somebody that's been playing on keyboard for 4 years now so I have plenty of experience in this regard.
It's possible your keyboard can't handle a lot of buttons being pressed at the same time since I feel that's an issue I had with a keyboard that...well couldn't handle many buttons at the same time
You might wanna invest into a better keyboard

bumbino

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
psyf#691
Hi, I'm somebody that's been playing on keyboard for 4 years now so I have plenty of experience in this regard.
It's possible your keyboard can't handle a lot of buttons being pressed at the same time since I feel that's an issue I had with a keyboard that...well couldn't handle many buttons at the same time
You might wanna invest into a better keyboard
is there any way to make sure?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

bumbino

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
psyf#691
Try going here: https://www.microsoft.com/applied-sciences/projects/anti-ghosting-demo

Key ghosting is caused by multiple keys using the same contacts with the PCB of the keyboard (and thus cannot both send an input simultaneously), a common design of membrane keyboards. They are designed so that common multi-presses like Ctrl + [whatever] or Shift + [whatever] work, but games often use inputs unconventionally.
i can do 6 imputs at the same time is that enough?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i can do 6 imputs at the same time is that enough?
It's not about the maximum number of inputs (which will vary based on what keys you press), but rather if the specific combination of inputs you are attempting works. It seemed like you were having some problems with inputs in the OP so I would try those ones.

Top Bottom