• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Night in Canada: Industrial Resolution

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
Melee Singles (51 entrants):

1: EMG|Weon-x ($280.5) :foxmelee::marthmelee:
2: KirbyKaze ($127.5) :sheikmelee:
3: Vwins ($51) :peachmelee:
4: Kage ($25.5) :ganondorfmelee::falcomelee:
5: Raynex ($12.75) :foxmelee:
5: Lampadaires ($12.75) :sheikmelee:
7: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
7: Loki :ganondorfmelee:
9: Chalcogen :marthmelee:
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee:
9: Izek :falcomelee:
9: Europhoria :marthmelee:
13: Cyan :falcomelee:
13: Riddlebox :peachmelee:
13: Jethrotex :peachmelee:
13: Sanuzi :falcomelee::foxmelee:
17: Reggie :ganondorfmelee:
17: RunawayFire :jigglypuffmelee:
17: EMG|XFire| TOJoe :sheikmelee:
17: Bernal :foxmelee:
17: Sylar :falcomelee::foxmelee:
17: Syphilis:sheikmelee:
17: Xist :falcomelee:
17: EMG|SmashCentral :marthmelee:
25: Scott
25: Carl :foxmelee:
25: Santos
25: MPrime :falcomelee:
25: Bob :marthmelee:
25: Vivek :marthmelee:
25: Kanede
25: CC :foxmelee:
POOLS:

MELEE SINGLES BRACKET:
Project M Singles (26 Entrants):
1: Vwins ($66.00) :lucario::ike:
2: EMG|XFire| TOJoe ($36.00) :squirtle::zerosuitsamus:
3: Kage ($12.00) :ganondorf:
4: Raynex ($6.00) :pit:
5: Hello :squirtle:
5: DivineKnight
7: Riddlebox
7: EMG|Weon-x
9: EMG|SmashCentral
9: xBlitz
9: RunawayFire
9: Cyan
13: Reggie
13: Ct. Llama
13: MPrime
13: Rappsody
17: Canadian Bacon
17: Fernando
17: Squible
17: Vivek
17: Kanede
17: Jevon
17: oDog
17: TKL97
25: Fujiyoshi
25: Steve

PM SINGLES BRACKET:
Melee Doubles (14 Teams):

1: Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki (Kage :ganondorfmelee: & Vwins :peachmelee:) ($84.00)
2: The Juggle Fox Paradox (Europhoria :marthmelee: & Raynex :foxmelee:) ($42.00)
3: Ms. Hyrule 2013 (Kirbykaze :sheikmelee: & Jethrotex :peachmelee:) ($14.00)
4: Camilo and Kyle (EMG|Weon-x :foxmelee: & Idea :jigglypuffmelee:)
5: Itadakimasu (Loki :ganondorfmelee: & Lampadaires:foxmelee:)
5: The Midland Avenues (CC & Kent)
7: Unit 731 (Chalcogen & Bob)
7: Team Startrek (Sylar & Sanuzi)
9: Team EMG (SmashCentral & Desh)
9: Sanbros (Sanche & Santos)
9: Cyan and Bernal (Cyan & Bernal)
9: Sausage Army (TOJoe & Tim)
13: HowDoWeSmash (HowDoISmash & Scott)
13: Twin Falchions (oDog & xBlitz)

MELEE TEAMS BRACKET:

VIDEOS:

Videos will be uploaded to: http://www.youtube.com/user/MeleeAtlNorth/
Thanks everyone for coming out! Big shout out to our out-of-province/country entrants (Vwins, Kage, Lampadaires, Loki, Sabz, Juggleguy) for coming and making our tourney hype. Also great to see a lot of new faces!

For all the new players, you can keep up with the Toronto/Ontario Melee community on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217143131655859/

I apologize for the tournament running later than usual, this was one of our biggest turnouts in a long time.
Thanks to everyone who helped out running the tournament and live-stream: Kyle, Dylan, Seena, Enzo, Emile, and Team EMG.

Shout outs to David and Camilo for defending Ontario ;D

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Thanks Jenny and Kyle for running this thing. Great tourney.

GGs everyone I played, EC Canada is way too good.

Also... I highly disapprove of that 2nd place Melee team name.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Weon-X is so good. One of my fav opponents. Like that he's not making it easy for me to come back :)

Raynex and Europhoria: Good stuff in teams.

Jethrotex: I love you. You have such an aptitude for this game. Thank you for being my teammate. Can't wait to see where this takes us. Let's train again soon.

Jenny: I love you too. You are one of the best things that happened to our scene and I'm so impressed with you. Can't wait for you to start placing even better and beat more people.

Vwins: Your Peach is nuts. So good. I could tell you the strategy I was using vs you if you'd like. I finally won a match on Fountain of Dreams haha. Good stuff winning teams. I aspire to reach that level in doubles; you and the other top Quebec players are an inspiration.

Kage: Fun set. You are so good in teams. I think you should focus on Falco or Fox rather than both if you're seriously gonna use a secondary for Sheik and some of the really bad stage-character match combinations for Ganon. Playing both is unnecessary and I feel will split you too thin to be effective. Your Falco seems better right now, so that might be a start.

Pkmvodka: Your Sheik is really good. If you want to talk about how to fight spacies and if you're serious about maining her then we could definitely chat about it sometime. I told Vwins that I want to come to Quebec for a weekend with Jethrotex so we can work on our teams game and practice singles vs your region's good players. So we will definitely play soon.

Sabrina: Haha no Montreal finals sadly. You guys held it down in teams though, much respect :D

Marth guy: You're adorable.

Ganon Reggie: Nice set in pools. Was nice seeing you again.

Kyle: Was fun playing you in teams. Hope you're not too salty about that LSF set - I thought you played really well in it. Hope you can find a consistent teammate to develop with.

Loki: We never played but you looked pretty good.

Simon: Man I was rooting for you so hard. Keep at it.

Josh: Hey where did you go? Nice set in pools. Liking the improvement with your Fox though I do miss your Falco.

To Joe: Glad I could help. Kirby represent.

James: You're the man. Was good seeing you, thank you for helping me and Dylan get home safely after Fran's.

Victor: I think that's your name. The new Sheik. You're not bad at all, come to a practice session soon :)

Juggleguy: You're a beast. Love playing you. Nice placement and can't wait for TBH4.

Everyone else: Thank you supporting this event. It's great seeing so many new faces at these events. I think we have a great community with a lot of high level players and we are lucky to have so many people willing to attend these or spectate. Thank you.

idea

Smash Master
oooh i like that pools chart, jenny2organized

david: nah, not TOO salty, honestly i just wanted to keep playing more sets since i was already out of singles :p and my consistent teammate is camilo <3 we just have to practice more so we can be on every match >=)

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
<3

I'm down to go to the land of magical poutine and smoked meats and train non-stop for days.

Last edited:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Thanks Jenny and Kyle for running this thing. Great tourney.

GGs everyone I played, EC Canada is way too good.

Also... I highly disapprove of that 2nd place Melee team name.
Might have to be a permanent name until you can reclaim your Fox's honour vs. my Bowser. Don't forget you're down 3 sets to 0 ;)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Weon-X is so good. One of my fav opponents. Like that he's not making it easy for me to come back :)

Raynex and Europhoria: Good stuff in teams.

Jethrotex: I love you. You have such an aptitude for this game. Thank you for being my teammate. Can't wait to see where this takes us. Let's train again soon.

Jenny: I love you too. You are one of the best things that happened to our scene and I'm so impressed with you. Can't wait for you to start placing even better and beat more people.

Vwins: Your Peach is nuts. So good. I could tell you the strategy I was using vs you if you'd like. I finally won a match on Fountain of Dreams haha. Good stuff winning teams. I aspire to reach that level in doubles; you and the other top Quebec players are an inspiration.

Kage: Fun set. You are so good in teams. I think you should focus on Falco or Fox rather than both if you're seriously gonna use a secondary for Sheik and some of the really bad stage-character match combinations for Ganon. Playing both is unnecessary and I feel will split you too thin to be effective. Your Falco seems better right now, so that might be a start.

Pkmvodka: Your Sheik is really good. If you want to talk about how to fight spacies and if you're serious about maining her then we could definitely chat about it sometime. I told Vwins that I want to come to Quebec for a weekend with Jethrotex so we can work on our teams game and practice singles vs your region's good players. So we will definitely play soon.

Sabrina: Haha no Montreal finals sadly. You guys held it down in teams though, much respect :D

Marth guy: You're adorable.

Ganon Reggie: Nice set in pools. Was nice seeing you again.

Kyle: Was fun playing you in teams. Hope you're not too salty about that LSF set - I thought you played really well in it. Hope you can find a consistent teammate to develop with.

Loki: We never played but you looked pretty good.

Simon: Man I was rooting for you so hard. Keep at it.

Josh: Hey where did you go? Nice set in pools. Liking the improvement with your Fox though I do miss your Falco.

To Joe: Glad I could help. Kirby represent.

James: You're the man. Was good seeing you, thank you for helping me and Dylan get home safely after Fran's.

Victor: I think that's your name. The new Sheik. You're not bad at all, come to a practice session soon :)

Juggleguy: You're a beast. Love playing you. Nice placement and can't wait for TBH4.

Everyone else: Thank you supporting this event. It's great seeing so many new faces at these events. I think we have a great community with a lot of high level players and we are lucky to have so many people willing to attend these or spectate. Thank you.
I logged in to like this post. I'm so glad to see a positive KirbyKaze once again. Looking forward to seeing you again, David.

Top Bottom