• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Netplay Connection Issue

Noni3

Smash Rookie
My friend and I have been playing melee on Faster Melee Dolphin (5.9F) for nearly 6 months without any connection problems and the ping around 6-30 even on bad connection days. When my friend got a completely new internet, we tried playing but the connection automatically places us at or above 100 ping no matter what we may try. The quality of the game and our technique has gone down because of this and it's grown annoying. We've played against other players on Smashladder with no connection problems and we've tried other dolphin versions for hope (it didn't work). This problem has been going on since December and we want to put an end to it.
Other Information:
-The players we played against on Smashladder were from different parts of the country and we had no problems
-Restarting the internet doesn't seem to fix it
-A different computer was used to test and it had the same problem
-Whoever is hosting doesn't make any difference
-Other online multiplayer games don't have this problem

If you have any suggestions or could help us in any way, please respond, thanks.

Top Bottom