• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Melee: Luigi Moveset Balance Mod

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Hey people! This is my first mod, and I'll being doing a series of mods ( called the Viable <character i modded> series ) to balance out the gameplay of the mid and low-tiers, and maybe a few high-tiers.

First of all, thanks a lot to the makers of Crazy Hand, the software I used to make this mod. Here's the link to the SmashBoards post.
Crazy Hand : https://smashboards.com/threads/crazy-hand-v1-31-character-editing-program.389500/

Also, if you want to view the hitboxes and such, here's the developer mode code:
0415FDBC 480000AC
04089250 48000008

You'll know you activated it since you'll see a date on the title screen.
Press X + DPad - Up to pause normally. Pressing start will just hard pause the game. So don't freak out if you pressed start and the game freezed. Just press start again.
Press R + DPad - Up to show the hitboxes, hurtboxes and more.

It's called Viable Luigi, if couldn't figure it out already. It's an XDelta Patch, so you wanna download that first.
xdelta program : https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta
xdelta website : http://xdelta.org/

How to xdelta patch :
1. Download the program.
2. Open up xdeltaui.exe.
3. Select your original iso to patch.
4. Select the Viable Luigi xdelta patch.
5. Hit "Patch."
6. You've successfully XDelta Patched!

Now that you have XDelta and know how to patch, here is the patch itself.
viable luigi patch : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CTWguX3JTNrzRpSjHeE-DBMLESsa9PIE/view?usp=sharing

If you haven't yet, get a melee iso. A simple Google search should get you where you need to be.
Tip : Be sure to copy the original iso just in case.

Notable changes :
Increased range on a lot of his moves.
Increased hitbox duration on a few of his moves.
Increased strength on a lot of his moves.
FINALLY fixed Dash Attack. The final hit's electric. Plus, larger hitbox.
In fact a lot of his moves have fire, electric or coin attributes, for extra style.
Green Missile does 20% base damage. So if you hit it and inevitably suffer the ending lag, you'll at least do 20%. Also damage increases much more faster the longer you charge it.
Easier to land sweetspot on grounded Super Jump Punch. 2x larger hitbox.
D - Tilt meteors, fire style. Also it leads to D - Air on grounded opponents.
Speaking of which, much easier to land meteor, yes meteor, not spike ( I think ), so it can be meteor - cancelled now, on Down Air. 4x larger hitbox and completely covers Luigi, plus a few more active frames. Though if you hit the hitbox that launches opponents to the side too, it takes priority over the spike hitbox.
Increased his speed and Up - B Length.
So, SO many more changes.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my first project!

Edit : Yes, I know this is OP. can't you tell I was being sarcastic?

Last edited:

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I have a melee rom but I'm not sure about downloading some program of the internet without any info, might check back on a later date if he continues, if this is real then that's great! It's an amazing idea that you must have put alot of work into, if it's a scam then we'll I dunno what to say

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
I dunno, I have a melee rom but I'm not sure about downloading some program of the internet without any info, might check back on a later date if he continues, if this is real then that's great! It's an amazing idea that you must have put alot of work into, if it's a scam then we'll I dunno what to say
I have these programs ( Crazy Hand and XDelta ) since a year and a half on my PC and they haven't done anything malicious. I downloaded the newer version to see if it has malware now and scanned it, but nothing.
Though if you still doubt it, then there's no problem in it.

Top Bottom